What's new

The TYM Virtua Tennis Thread

Noob
Yes, you read it correctly... LOL

As you may have heard on the March 15, 2012 Kombat Network VSM stream, I am an avid Virtua Tennis 3 player.

However, that's not the only VT I play. VT 2009 is essentially VT3 with an updated roster that was created because VT3 on PS3 didn't have online play, so I play VT 2009 as well.

VT4 is definitely not as good as 3/2009, so I won't recommend getting that over 3/2009.

Anyway, so far in the VT army we have:

9.95 (XBL VT3, PS3 VT4, PS3 VT 2009)
Check (PS3 VT 2k9)
pherleece (XBL VT3)
Cibernetico (XBL VT3)
MortySeinfeld (XBL VT3)

I am also a fan of Top Spin, but I prefer my tennis more arcade style, which is why I prefer the VT series.

If you play, post up here which games you play and for what system(s).

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
VT2 on Dreamcast/PS2 is my personal favorite, if anything I wish Sega would re-release it as part of their Dreamcast classics on PSN Store/XBL Marketplace, (guess it comes down to licensing issues by today's standards) I didn't know 2009 was just VT3 with online play though, I'll have to look into that.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Yes, you read it correctly... LOL

As you may have heard on the March 15, 2012 Kombat Network VSM stream, I am an avid Virtua Tennis 3 player.

However, that's not the only VT I play. VT 2009 is essentially VT3 with an updated roster that was created because VT3 on PS3 didn't have online play, so I play VT 2009 as well.

VT4 is definitely not as good as 3/2009, so I won't recommend getting that over 3/2009.

Anyway, so far in the VT army we have:

9.95 (XBL VT3, PS3 VT4, getting PS3 VT2k9 today)
Check (should be getting PS3 VT 2k9)
pherleece (XBL VT3)
Cibernetico (XBL VT3)

I am also a fan of Top Spin, but I prefer my tennis more arcade style, which is why I prefer the VT series.

If you play, post up here which games you play and for what system(s).
I was a HARDCORE Top Spin 2 fan...I hit top 100 on XBL but I was VERY dissapointed in 3 and haven't had a chance to play 4 yet but I've never tried the VT series....maybe I'l give it a shot.

Noob
I was a HARDCORE Top Spin 2 fan...I hit top 100 on XBL but I was VERY dissapointed in 3 and haven't had a chance to play 4 yet but I've never tried the VT series....maybe I'l give it a shot.
See, I liked TS3 and 4, but not as much as VT3/2009. VT4 is a bit of a disappointment TBH... I was so psyched for it too.

If you like your tennis sim style, then TS is for you... but if you like arcade style tennis... VT is the right choice.

Plus, how can you go wrong? 2009 is like $9 used and 3 is $5 used.

Somewhat of a crappy day and don't really have much to do. Will be online in a few minutes if anyone wants to play. Cheers!

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I loved TS4. I was really highly ranked until I had to buy a new PS3 when it yellow lighted and I lost all my saves. Haven't put the game back in since then even though it only takes a few days to level up a character.

Noob
Check GG's bro! Sick set last night... you're definitely the best I've played in a long time. Warning to those looking for matches... Check is VERY good. I was lucky to come out on top this time.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I got VT09 right after i dropped you of at the airport, but good god, i fucking suck lol. I want to try the 360 VT3 tho. XBL & better controller imo

Check GG's bro! Sick set last night... you're definitely the best I've played in a long time. Warning to those looking for matches... Check is VERY good. I was lucky to come out on top this time.
Thanks 9.95 . I may have to switch to Nadal in order to win. They made Federer a true mid tier character (All Rounder) in 09. I like it, but i just can't cover the court as fast as i want to, nor hit the ball as hard as i want either.

Either way, highly competitive matches, and the first for me in over a decade! You can realize how hyped i am right now :D
Excellent games! And keep up the good work with James Blake! He's a beast! Sick stuff.