What's new

The TYM Mortal Kombat 4 Thread!

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Isn't this thread in the wrong forum? Unless I remember incorrectly... this was the first 3D game?
I would class it with MKDCU as 2.5D, honestly...and in the same retrospect, the 3-D movement is pretty useless for the most part. You waste so much time SS to try and grab weapons or picking up skulls and boulders to hurl cuz their damage output was so high, it kind of took your focaus away from the match and fighting.

Count me in Phil....would you like me to bring MKGold on DC or MK4 on PSX?

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Well, Scheisse you can believe what you want...you're wrong if you think I'm "lying or making that up" obviously you've never been on those random forums and seen ridiculously ignorant posts...

I've played and followed every MK game my whole life so I'm so sure I don't know what I'm talking about...but much like you I've just yet to go to a tournament. And you should know I understand MK more then you think ;) I play them all, not just one game...like some people on here.

Bro, do you EVER shut up?

Noob
I would class it with MKDCU as 2.5D, honestly...and in the same retrospect, the 3-D movement is pretty useless for the most part. You waste so much time SS to try and grab weapons or picking up skulls and boulders to hurl cuz their damage output was so high, it kind of took your focaus away from the match and fighting.

Count me in Phil....would you like me to bring MKGold on DC or MK4 on PSX?
I'll have both emulated on my PC... so no need to bring anything. I can't promise, however, that we'll have time to do them at Winter Brawl, but if there is time, I will set up a side PC with some MK4/Gold casuals running.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Dont wanna interrupt anything but from what I've heard, isn't mk4 kind of crappy for consoles??? I know for a fact that mk4 rev. 3 (not sure if it is 3) for arcade is the best mk4 to play and the rest of the revisions and console versions are nothing interesting. I don't have that much experience but can we all think of something to buy as a team effort rev. 3 board and put it into Storms' cab????

Tim Static

Adminerator
Dont wanna interrupt anything but from what I've heard, isn't mk4 kind of crappy for consoles??? I know for a fact that mk4 rev. 3 (not sure if it is 3) for arcade is the best mk4 to play and the rest of the revisions and console versions are nothing interesting. I don't have that much experience but can we all think of something to buy as a team effort rev. 3 board and put it into Storms' cab????
Yea the BEST version is the arcade board Rv3.0. After that, the ONLY other port worth a shit is the N64 version. Closest thing to the arcade, but the speed is a lot faster, a la MKT. MKG is garbage imo, a la MKT lmao

Yea that is a great idea. Maybe we can all pitch in it later this year and get a MK4 rv3.0 board for his AND my cabs haha. :)

AC1984

Kaballin!
yeah...MKT for n64 rules!!!!!!!!!!! not emulation but the real game....my next purchase before mk9 will probably be second hand N64 with MKT.

Tim Static

Adminerator
yeah...MKT for n64 rules!!!!!!!!!!! not emulation but the real game....my next purchase before mk9 will probably be second hand N64 with MKT.
lol i just got a N64 the other day for MK4, but the system isnt working properly, gotta take it back.

we need N64 MK AIAB sticks! :coffee: