What's new

The Truth bout Mortal Kombat 11

The only buff we need is in our online modes ie tag team , kustoms and modifiers etc

• True

Votes: 22 47.8%
  • False

Votes: 24 52.2%

• Total voters

haketh

Noob
I feel pretty much the same as you do. I think the game is very balanced. I think there is just a few characters that need to be tone down a bit cough Liu cough
My only real gripes with the game are:

1. Ready for more variations
  2. The throw hitbox is beyond disgusting, the way it vortex's and swallows normals is flat out ridiculous.
  3. Ok fine, you can't change the throw hitbox, then make it 1 button techs.
  4. Jump in attacks when blocked should NOT EVEN KINDA be +7 and things. +1 maybe, +7............ come on........................
That's honestly about it for me :)
I can't think of a single FG with jump ins that aren't massively plus

xKMMx

Banned
My observations are that if you use any single combo, special, string or normal more than once in a match during KL the bewildered masher on the other end of the loss will hate mail you for "spamming".

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Ok fine, you can't change the throw hitbox, then make it 1 button techs.
While I can understand this concern on a casual level, the truth is that with the way players already tech in high level play, they would rarely be thrown and it would completely stagnate the offense in this game. It would slow things down even further, by giving you no penalty for completely turtling and just sitting there (with the exception of a few MUs, like Sonya for example).

It would also hurt some characters that depend on this to open people up at all.

In a game without a ton of 50/50's, crazy oki setups, insane pressure on block, etc, throws keep MK11's pace by encouraging people to actually win the neutral or make a read rather than just turtling all day. So I think at the highest level this might make the gameplay worse, not better.

Last edited:

xKMMx

Banned
While I can understand this concern on a casual level, the truth is that with the way players already tech in high level play, they would rarely be thrown and it would completely stagnate the offense in this game. It would slow things down even further, by giving you no penalty for completely turtling and just sitting there (with the exception of a few MUs, like Sonya for example).

It would also hurt some characters that depend on this to open people up at all.

In a game without a ton of 50/50's, crazy oki setups, insane pressure on block, etc, throws keep MK11's pace by encouraging people to actually win the neutral or make a read rather than just turtling all day. So I think at the highest level this might make the gameplay worse, not better.
I never agreed with the 2 button techs until I realized how reactable throws really are in this game especially on read.
If you take the time to learn how to tech and adjust to your opponents you can easily tech 75% of throws.

CO-KANO

psn: UNFUCxWITABLE_1
No we haven’t seen that. The patch was late af because they didn’t want to patch before eco (which was a bad call).

The thing I’m asking for is the thing we had in the beta (which was more fun than the full game) and what we all made an uproar about as soon as we realized we wouldn’t have it at relsease. Very different from a patch. In fact if this game let us choose our moves competitively I would have gone to evo so that’s one example of how it would have drastically changed my outlook and I’m not the only one. But go ahead and argue just because you want to bow at the devs feet shrug
Mmmmm let us choose our komp variations....crazy but might work

I feel pretty much the same as you do. I think the game is very balanced. I think there is just a few characters that need to be tone down a bit cough Liu cough
My only real gripes with the game are:

1. Ready for more variations
  2. The throw hitbox is beyond disgusting, the way it vortex's and swallows normals is flat out ridiculous.
  3. Ok fine, you can't change the throw hitbox, then make it 1 button techs.
  4. Jump in attacks when blocked should NOT EVEN KINDA be +7 and things. +1 maybe, +7............ come on........................
That's honestly about it for me :)
Am I the only person that likes the throw system? KBs on throws gets to be a bit much when characters have two of them/throw loops but throws eating pokes that connect on the same frame is a great answer for some of the ridiculous d1 mashing. I also like that they do higher damage than prior titles and CAN'T be one-size-fits-all teched.

Seriously, throws being the way they are is the only thing keeping some characters semi competitive.

My biggest gripe is the disparity between jump kicks and anti airs (or for some chars, standing/crouching 1s that seemingly anti air behind them). It's also annoying how many strings or normals in this game will magically anti air wayward jumps as an unintended side effect, yet jump kicks are extraordinarily difficult to consciously pop even when you're straight up reading one.

Last edited:

Damis

Noob
my only complain with the game (besides liu f4 kang and op throws) is making half of the dlcs guests, i want to pay for reiko sareena reiko li mei even reptile or cyrax/sektor, not fuckin ash williams or pyramid head. i hate that they dont see how mk have so many great characters and they NEED to make them staples in every game if they want mk to have a great and stable fanbase

my only complain with the game (besides liu f4 kang and op throws) is making half of the dlcs guests, i want to pay for reiko sareena reiko li mei even reptile or cyrax/sektor, not fuckin ash williams or pyramid head. i hate that they dont see how mk have so many great characters and they NEED to make them staples in every game if they want mk to have a great and stable fanbase
Where is fujin? Maybe that’s just me haha

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
Where is fujin? Maybe that’s just me haha
One of the characters mentions he is killed during an intro dialogue. I think Cetrion does. Not that that means anything.

Edit. - Actually, i found the dialogue. SHe just says to Raiden "he fraught valiantly to his last breath"

Last edited:

elephantvision

Your Cousins, Sisters, 1st cousins favorite gamer

yea, you right actually. The hitbox on them could be fixed. You got a guy d4ing me because he's so far away yet when I grab it pulls him in, that's whack. But you right, I see what you saying about the techs

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
I have no cares for bowing at anyone's feet. I've always said what I like and don't like in every game. I also have no problem with pointing out the facts, though:

And the fact is that, in every game, there has been an excuse made for longevity, and every time said request is delivered, it actually doesn't magically extend the game's life.
Examples:
  • MK9/INJ: "If we just had one more patch" - MKX was literally completely overhauled in the final patches, didn't matter
  • INJ/MKX: "If the netcode was better" - They massively redid the netcode in MKX and basically set a new standard, didn't matter
  • MK9/INJ: "If they supported the tournaments" - MKX and Injustice 2 had hundreds of thousands of dollars poured into the tournament scene, both offline and online
  • MKX: "If the games were better balanced" - Injustice 2 is decently balanced and MK11 is the best-balanced title we've had yet
  • INJ2 "If they just supported the game longer" - They've announced the longest support/content schedule yet for MK11 and people are already trying to find another reason
No matter what happens, you guys will always pick another excuse for "Well if we just had X, we would support the game longer". No. Stop. It's time to stop making excuses, and just mature as a community and own it. Melee and Marvel 3 supported completely broken games because they just decided to. If we want to grow, we need to show ourselves some love regardless and support our scene. Period.
No NRS game has ever been well balanced. MK9 was a mess, INJ1 was a mess, MKX was a mess gameplay wise but better balance than its predecessors and INJ2 was horribly balanced from the start, the game was a counterpick fest at the highest level which is proof that it isn’t balanced at all. MK11 was balanced like shit at launch too and NEEDED a patch but the patch wasn’t all it needed to save itself. Injustice 2 didn’t need longer support it needed to be designed better and have better balance. It had a great roster but keep away play styles we’re always too good and the characters only using the “base” moves competitively was an issue to me along with balance.

You’re usijg an argument that has nothing to do with me to try to refute something I said. Won’t work pal. We need custom variations for anyone to care about this game competitively in January. Tournament numbers are already extremely low

elephantvision

Your Cousins, Sisters, 1st cousins favorite gamer
No NRS game has ever been well balanced. MK9 was a mess, INJ1 was a mess, MKX was a mess gameplay wise but better balance than its predecessors and INJ2 was horribly balanced from the start, the game was a counterpick fest at the highest level which is proof that it isn’t balanced at all. MK11 was balanced like shit at launch too and NEEDED a patch but the patch wasn’t all it needed to save itself. Injustice 2 didn’t need longer support it needed to be designed better and have better balance. It had a great roster but keep away play styles we’re always too good and the characters only using the “base” moves competitively was an issue to me along with balance.

You’re usijg an argument that has nothing to do with me to try to refute something I said. Won’t work pal. We need custom variations for anyone to care about this game competitively in January. Tournament numbers are already extremely low
I agree with things you've said but.... "tournament numbers are already extremely low." I dunno about that man. Evo had like 1000+ MK participants.
But I agree, we need more variations for longevity

They did say more will come. So at least one, possibly more...

Tournament numbers are already extremely low
Are they though? Looks like a pretty reasonable trend upwards.

MK11 - 2019 - 1500
I2 - 2018 - 356
I2 - 2017 - 883
MKX - 2016 - 707
MKX - 2015 - 1140
I:GAU - 2014 - 313
MK9 - 2013 - 200
I:GAU - 2013 - 583
MK9 - 2012 - 293

Looking at evo only, MK11 has almost double what Injustice 2 did on it's launch year, and that's a game that should appeal to a wider audience, in terms of fighting game players and those from the comic community.

Although some numbers from other tournaments would be interesting to see, the real test will be what the numbers are next year. My guess is ~1100 based on previous years drops. If it's dramatically less than that then people can shout that the "game is dead".

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
I agree with things you've said but.... "tournament numbers are already extremely low." I dunno about that man. Evo had like 1000+ MK participants.
Evo was over a month ago every tournament since then has had a extremely low numbers. Pretty much every main game at Evo had their biggest year ever so that’s not a credit to MK that’s a credit to Evo. Look at Celtic, dreamhack, and summer jam, all extremely low entrants. Not to mention the patch wasn’t a good one. It slapped the broken characters on the wrists and buffed some of them and didn’t do much for the low tiers. The dev is just incompetent

Evo was over a month ago every tournament since then has had a extremely low numbers. Pretty much every main game at Evo had their biggest year ever so that’s not a credit to MK that’s a credit to Evo. Look at Celtic, dreamhack, and summer jam, all extremely low entrants. Not to mention the patch wasn’t a good one. It slapped the broken characters on the wrists and buffed some of them and didn’t do much for the low tiers. The dev is just incompetent
MK11 does appear to be noticably trending downward, but it's early to tell. Dreamhack # were insanely low though. That was shocking to me. 71 entrants? The fk...