What's new

The Truth About MLG

protools27

Rebel without a scene
I've been meaning to say this. I've been following and playing injustice for a little over a year now and it's my first fighting game. The first major that I watched was the scorpion CEO. So I'm not the most experienced when it comes to grading a majors presentation. I was pretty hype for mlg not just for the tourney but for our scene overall. As far as watching the tourney, it was prolly one of the worst ones I've seen on stream. None of the other tourneys I had commercial breaks, there were countless other breaks without commercials. Some marque match ups weren't on stream, or had to be put on stream secretivley. But you know why I enjoyed this tournament? Because of my love of the game. The tourney overall was stacked, so any match that was on stream was hype just because of the people involved. We got to see the match we all have been waiting for in Theo vs Jupiter. Sonic Fox making a great comeback vs slayer. Pig of the hut played awesome. Got to see the final round run back of 16 bit vs sonic Fox. And so many other hype matches. Now the one thing to me that needs to be fixed first is making sure the people attending the tourney are treated right and have a great time. As a stream monster I didn't have to pay to watch the stream so Ya it might not have been the best for me but hey I didn't pay for it. But for the people attending, it's mlg man! Supposabely the best venue in all of e-sports. If I pay to go I would expect it to be one of the best ran tourneys ever. sadly that wasn't the case and I hope they fix that in the future. To sum up the what I'm trying to say, I'm not giving mlg a pass. It was the worst tourney I even watched on stream, streamwise. I hope mlg gets it together because it wouldn't take that much to fix what went wrong. But let's not get so caught up with what went wrong that we forget the awesome gameplay we say from all of our favorite players. Shout out to 16 bit for his love of the game and his character, but most of all his execution. And Shout out to Theo for maintaining his run of dominance.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
here's some home work for you, quote me saying grass roots never runs into problems. Here's another assignment quote me saying the fgc should never give mlg another shot.

you aren't going to find either. What you will find is me questioning why some of the same people willing to go balls deep on KN give MLG. Pass for the same shit. At least I'm consistent. I've complained about KNs stream and I complained about the mlg stream. I'm going to be at CEO this week and if I have a shitty time, which I doubt, I'll complain about that.
But no one is giving MLG a pass. We are saying they screwed up, we are just optimistic that they will fix their issues based on their past history.

And to be fair I didnt complain about KN either. We will just have to agree to disagree on the important of streams.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
It doesn't help that half the people here think they are which enables them to do the same. I truly do not understand the amount of slack they're being cut here. If it was MLG's first go round with the FGC I could understand, but it's not.
Um, you dont understand.
Yes it sucks but dont expect to even be looked at with Ghosts and Starcraft going on at the same time.

Sadly, they have to prioritize. I expected better but I am not surprised.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Guys. MLG fucked up big time.

I still think it would be worth it to fight for it coming back to MLG and to attend. But at the same time, I don't know the details of what happened. All I know is that being on MLG is huge for the NRS community... whether they were assholes in anaheim or not. It is to my understanding that MLG was ridiculously awesome for MK9 and everything was on point. Was this the first big failure on their end? It just seemed to me they weren't prepared and they may be able to easily correct that for the future. All I know is that if MLG picks up every NRS fighter... that would be like big titties.

At the same time, I don't know the details behind what happened so I could be totally wrong on this one.

Last edited:

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
I think that's the thing everyone is agreeing upon - They need to step up big time.

One of the key differences in people having a good time despite the circumstances and people not having a good time were community members stepping in when they could. If that's not a chief indication as to where MLG should be going I don't know what is.

Then again I don't know what possessed them to run fighting games without having anyone on staff at any level of decision making that knew anything about fighting games but that's neither here nor there.

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
For my first tournament outside a local I was VERY let down. I have somewhat of a sleeping problem but I won't get into that but for very little sleep and a 13 hr drive to wait around for hours and hours with no info or updates on what was going on was just crazy. I can't believe I picked MLG over going to evo. I have been competing in things my whole life and I have never been so mentally and physically drained to the point where I just wanted to play and get it over with win or lose so I can finally sit down and rest.

On a positive note, shout outs to everyone I met cause all of you were really awesome and I will never forget that. I would tag everyone but that's a lot. I'll say besides the normal drama on TYM it makes me happy to be apart if this community and I look forward to seeing you all at future events. Thanks guys! :)

I am willing to give MLG another chance next year if they will have us but I will budget for evo first and MLG second. Shit has got to change tho.