Mama's Little Bumgorf
There is a lot of speculation going around, and this will inevitably be discussed by loads of angry people, so I´m just going to tell you straight up.
- The internet failed and the TOs refused to move the tournament forward without online brackets. Hey, here's some pen and paper, can we just write it in and update it later? Nope!
- Hotfix was botched because someone switched users; it's not PL's fault.
- No one informed us of anything, ever. We had to get Tom to chase down somewhat knowledgeable officials.
- Security aggressively removed us from setups and disallowed us to watch our friends play "to avoid fire hazards".
- They allowed COD players to loiter in the exact same area and turned a blind eye.
- They began to mock us when we respectfully pointed out they're taking up the same space we were kicked out of.
- I asked Ultradavid to contact Adam about this, and 5 minutes later "they've changed their minds and are allowing us to watch our friends play while endangering their jobs."
- Ultradavid is doing whatever he can to help, while others are just standing around scratching their heads.
- None of the judges are sending any matches to the stream, which leaves you with 5 hours of elevator music.
- I brought this to the attention of the guy running things and he gave the clearance to put any good match on stream.
- By this time, everyone just wanted to leave.
- N Megabytes got on a 26 hour flight from Australia because he was told MLG is the gold standard of tournaments, then got treated like garbage.
- I'm making sure things run smoothly tomorrow and you get actual gameplay instead of 3 hours of ads.