What's new

The top 10 prediction thread

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
Tier lists suck just play the characters you like
That only exists at a casual level. Once you start playing at tournaments, you realize that doesn't exist, and there's nothing wrong with picking top tiers.
Even though there are people that stick with low tier characters, it's a small percentage and even a smaller amount win.
From the personal experience of someone that usually plays low-tier characters, the thought of just picking up a top tier, so that I can win more easily, often crosses my mind.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Picking top tiers to win is just a smart choice, especially in a game like MK where top and low tiers have a huge difference in playability.

Everyone looks pretty good so far in this game, to be honest. My only concern for a character that might suck is Bane because we haven't seen diddly squid from him.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
Picking top tiers to win is just a smart choice, especially in a game like MK where top and low tiers have a huge difference in playability.

Everyone looks pretty good so far in this game, to be honest. My only concern for a character that might suck is Bane because we haven't seen diddly squid from him.
I'd be amused if he happens to be the best grappler.

Robotic Shark

you can never have too much honey
That only exists at a casual level. Once you start playing at tournaments, you realize that doesn't exist, and there's nothing wrong with picking top tiers.
Even though there are people that stick with low tier characters, it's a small percentage and even a smaller amount win.
From the personal experience of someone that usually plays low-tier characters, the thought of just picking up a top tier, so that I can win more easily, often crosses my mind.
stop using logic on me to change my mind
question why do people always complain about tier lists don't pros also complain about them or is it just casuals?

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
stop using logic on me to change my mind
question why do people always complain about tier lists don't pros also complain about them or is it just casuals?
Just casuals. The only pro's that complain about it are the ones that try and make excuses for why they lost. That or you're doing it in a joking manner or if a character is legitimately overpowered. *Cough*BBCT*Cough*Fuck Hyde*Cough**Cough*Linne's a bitch*Cough*

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
1. Green Lantern
2. The Flash
3. Sub-Zero
4. Scorpion
5. Superman
6. Raiden
7. Kitana
8. Deathstroke
9. Shao Kahn
10. Sonya

............. Oh!

Robotic Shark

you can never have too much honey
Just casuals. The only pro's that complain about it are the ones that try and make excuses for why they lost. That or you're doing it in a joking manner or if a character is legitimately overpowered. *Cough*BBCT*Cough*Fuck Hyde*Cough**Cough*Linne's a bitch*Cough*
thx for the info but I still wanna play characters I find fun/know and like over top tiers
pretty sure Flash will be top tier so w/e :p

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
thx for the info but I still wanna play characters I find fun/know and like over top tiers
pretty sure Flash will be top tier so w/e :p
I'm not saying don't pick who you want. I'd be a hypocrite if I did, even I play who I want even if they're bad.
I'm just informing you that tiers are important and there's nothing wrong with picking a top tier.
On as side note. Lol, you're the first one that wasn't surprised by those combos. Your will is strong.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Hey, uh I know that like Tier lists only really effect top tier players. Like guys who take frame data etc. into consideration, know everything and so on..

So when we do get our tier lists up and running, is there a way to create a casual player top ten? I know it would be hard as it depends on your definition of skill levels and casual etc.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Badass mofos:
-Batman
-Flash
-Doomsday
These three are the scariest in terms of just their tools compared to everyone else in my opinion. I don't really know if I have an opinion on anyone else so far but if any of these three aren't in the top 15 at least, I'd honestly be surprised. Their "I get free offense by just pressing my gimmick" stuff is something that'd be feared in any fighting game.