What's new

Strategy The Subzero tech/strat video thread

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Ok so it's not a video, but it is a tech/strat to use... you guys probably know this already, but I didn't b/c I'm a scrub. Anyway, just posting this in case it can help out other sub players.

Just saw this in a thread about JC and his wakeups:

"characters who can cause wake up attacks to whiff (flip kick and ex flip kick have the same hit box):

subzero: sweep whiffs all, D3 whiffs flip kick and ex shadow kick"

So, no need to keep eating shadow kicks when I'm being retarded and trying to put up a clone after a knockdown. lol

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Ok so it's not a video, but it is a tech/strat to use... you guys probably know this already, but I didn't b/c I'm a scrub. Anyway, just posting this in case it can help out other sub players.

Just saw this in a thread about JC and his wakeups:

"characters who can cause wake up attacks to whiff (flip kick and ex flip kick have the same hit box):

subzero: sweep whiffs all, D3 whiffs flip kick and ex shadow kick"

So, no need to keep eating shadow kicks when I'm being retarded and trying to put up a clone after a knockdown. lol
I dont think you should play that close up to a Cage player in the first place. Play around the ice clone at a distance, check him with d4's to antagonize him, and then when he gets aggressive retreat, pop the clone up again. Forceballs you can slide, the only worries here are ex shadow kick and him timing the jump right to get in past your clone and f3 you across the whole screen lol.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I dont think you should play that close up to a Cage player in the first place. Play around the ice clone at a distance, check him with d4's to antagonize him, and then when he gets aggressive retreat, pop the clone up again. Forceballs you can slide, the only worries here are ex shadow kick and him timing the jump right to get in past your clone and f3 you across the whole screen lol.
Oh, they'll get in on me... trust me. lmfao

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Oh, they'll get in on me... trust me. lmfao
the Cage matchup has to be played reaaaaaly lame. Time it out if you can. if he gets in....i dunno, most of the community is still trying to figure out a surefire way to get out of Cage pressure other than risk a poke or armor. Whatever you do, dont try to ex slide a f3, it'll get stuffed and you'll lose the bar. Try d3, jump back and kick, clone (i think it might pop you back far enough to dodge the f3...might freeze him too but i think the proximity will negate that).

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
he should NEVER be able to ever jump a clone. If he does this... you deserve to lose.

SORRY I had this posted in the wrong thread

hope you don't mind this post, but it does not deserve its own thread. This is something I figured out today. It is probably well known, but i never see anybody use it. Its just a way to use a busted clone to build meter, and space yourself easier for a JIP on a frozen opponent. By walking in to them, and clone for knock back. Please read description for the video.
I know it is a tiny bit of tech,but people might not notice it becuase of how simple it is. I just started using sub so give me a break if I did not read all the forums yet.
:)

Seapeople

This one's for you

hope you don't mind this post, but it does not deserve its own thread. This is something I figured out today. It is probably well known, but i never see anybody use it. Its just a way to use a busted clone to build meter, and space yourself easier for a JIP on a frozen opponent. By walking in to them, and clone for knock back. Please read description for the video.
I know it is a tiny bit of tech,but people might not notice it becuase of how simple it is. I just started using sub so give me a break if I did not read all the forums yet.
Yep that's been talked about a little but not many people use it. Good stuff.

By the way since we have Shoryuken's prison posted here, I got really bored and gave it an official logo.
Only try to realize the truth..............there is no clone :p

Not directly related to this thread (bar the word video), but does this forum have a SZ match video thread? I can't find one for the life of me.

NKZero

Noob

I'm proud to be one of the few that use it. So boss. :) Good find nonetheless considering you didn't know that we knew about it.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
He thinks the UMK3 costume is more prone to getting standing 4 when your trying to do down4. He hates costume 2 because its Noob and he yells at me because its the only one I use. I dont think he a problem with MK1 but he never uses it. He only uses default.
I <3 Costume 2, but I tend to get a lot of standing 4's as well. Maybe there's a connection.

My Sub aches for ECT.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I <3 Costume 2, but I tend to get a lot of standing 4's as well. Maybe there's a connection.

My Sub aches for ECT.
I was playing casuals with Soonk and FrothyOmen, last night, and I was using his UMK3 costume. I got a lot more standing 4's than usual, when trying to d4. And I usually use his classic MK 2 costume (However, the PS3 that I was playing on didn't have that.)

Once I made the switch back to his regular costume, I was back to getting standing 4's at my normal rate, lol.

Take that for what you will. After last night, I'm convinced that Brady might be accurate when he says that the UMK3 outfit is cursed....

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I was playing casuals with Soonk and FrothyOmen, last night, and I was using his UMK3 costume. I got a lot more standing 4's than usual, when trying to d4. And I usually use his classic MK 2 costume (However, the PS3 that I was playing on didn't have that.)

Once I made the switch back to his regular costume, I was back to getting standing 4's at my normal rate, lol.

Take that for what you will. After last night, I'm convinced that Brady might be accurate when he says that the UMK3 outfit is cursed....
Since I read it being brought up, I've traded my <3 of Bi-Han for the regular suit just to be safe.
Actually gotten a lot less 4's, so I think he was on to something.

I don't even want to fathom there being another bug pertaining to character costumes. My head would explode.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I honestly don't think the costume has anything to do with the input bug. I just think we like to mentally think it does :).

In any case.... there are a few brady videos that should be posted up here..... especially him v Curbo at MLG and the sets he ran against Blackula's Kenshi.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Some people I play with still don't believe me on this....they show me the controller pressing D and 4 like I'm some retard, and point to the screen (of course, he's actually doing D4) and tell me, "all you have to do is actually press down, dude"....SMH...no fucking duh bro, honestly, why would I EVER standing roundhouse you....why? after I've been down poking the crap out of you, let's just throw out a slow ass spin kick....fml

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
It happens most to me when I try to dash in and then D4. I don't think it's actually an input bug, rather ... it's us just inputting 4 too fast.

It doesn't always screw you up though... sometimes it can work in your favor. You throw out the roundhouse and on block the opponent thinks they can punish you and they jump.... right into a waiting clone. lol

It happens most to me when I try to dash in and then D4. I don't think it's actually an input bug, rather ... it's us just inputting 4 too fast.

It doesn't always screw you up though... sometimes it can work in your favor. You throw out the roundhouse and on block the opponent thinks they can punish you and they jump.... right into a waiting clone. lol
This is why I'm trying to incorporate standing 3 in my game. Its 0 on block and many think you fucked up and try to jump. 22Freeze that shiz.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...

The input bug is 100% verified.

Edit: Here is the thread that examines it: http://testyourmight.com/threads/input-bug-first-results-of-a-computer-assisted-analysis.9048/ ... the issue is when you input it, but when you need a D4 in a tight window sometimes you are boned.

i have a theory,

the only time the input bug happens to me is when i will lose the round because of it... if i'm always winning no input bug for me...so

input bug = karma

seriously...its there and it bugs us sub zero even more because our standing 4 is just really really slow

LUCKY0346

AT Gaming
i just got in the lab cuz i wanted to test sumthing out..
the biggest issue i had with KL was to contain him in the corner bcuz he got that teleport...
i saw @tombrady uses this tech against 16bit Kitana and i thought maybe it will also work against KL.

I know he got that punish against KL with the duck 212 iceball.. or the 22 iceball..
but what the 212 or 22 ice does not do is keep that mutherfucker in the corner..

this particular setup cost 1 bar but it contains him in the corner.
it only works on the regular teleport

how this setup works:
if you have him in the corner.. do a 212+iceclone..
we all know sub got a random distance after the clone.. if he got a far pushback and KL starts 2 teleport just do an ex slide and he will get pushed into the clone..
if you do the 212+iceclone and you will get the close distance pushback and he starts 2 teleport just dashback and ex slide..
its easy 2 do on reaction..

after the ex slide you can do the bnb > b(1)2 + 214 slide fot the damage
or you can do the b(1)2 + 214 or 222 and put up the clone safe so you will be able 2 block a wake up
the damage on this combo is 37 (with slide at the end) (combo itself 32 + 5 %chip via 212 )
the damage without slide(after slide & and his bnb with 214 clone ) but the opertunity to put a safe clone up is 32 (27 + 5% chip on the 212 block string)

i hope this will help sum sub players.. and if you got sum feedback just post and let me know..
so we can maybe make this a more solid tech

(in this vid youll see i have the close distance pushback but i still got the time 2 dash back and slide.. you got 2 dash back or you will push KL over the clone and he wil not get frozen!!!)
i uploaded this via my girl her youtube channel so dont add comments on her vid cuz she dont know shit bout mk lol!

Tom Brady has another setup vs KL in the corner on knockdown. Ending a combo with 222 vs Kung Lao grants Sub free comb if KL chooses to wake up with Ex Spin to break through the clone.

LUCKY0346

AT Gaming
Tom Brady has another setup vs KL in the corner on knockdown. Ending a combo with 222 vs Kung Lao grants Sub free comb if KL chooses to wake up with Ex Spin to break through the clone.
im talkin bout when you have him in the corner and he blocks the 212 n try tou get out with teleport..
if you caught him with the ex slide.. you can also do the brady thing with 222 ;)