What's new

The Stick Thread

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
I went with

1 2 Throw Switch Stance

3 4 Blk Interactable

I tried the traditional above but I just couldn't get used to it. Altohough I should mention I'm on hitbox not stick. But since I'm playing sfv now, I should look into switching block with throw because sfv is similar to that setup

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I went with

1 2 Throw Switch Stance

3 4 Blk Interactable

I tried the traditional above but I just couldn't get used to it. Altohough I should mention I'm on hitbox not stick. But since I'm playing sfv now, I should look into switching block with throw because sfv is similar to that setup
I have a poverty stick, the PDP Injustice Battle Edition stick, that I've thought about converting in to a hitbox, I've found plans online. Eventually if I liked it, Id actually BUY a real one, just to support the company (and my poverty stick couldnt possibly be as nice as a real one).

How long did it take you to adjust to Hitbox, and is it as amaze-sauce as everyone says?

x TeeJay o

I have a poverty stick, the PDP Injustice Battle Edition stick, that I've thought about converting in to a hitbox, I've found plans online. Eventually if I liked it, Id actually BUY a real one, just to support the company (and my poverty stick couldnt possibly be as nice as a real one).

How long did it take you to adjust to Hitbox, and is it as amaze-sauce as everyone says?
Yeah it's as advertised. It's reallllyyy good. For me it took about a week to get really comfy and hit all my combos consistently. About a month for me to perfect it to where I could use all my other characters. I played on pad all my life though until that point.Since you are used to a stick already the transition should be much cleaner and easier for you

if you do, can i get the LED ring from the stick?

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
nice, i dont mind paying for it / shipping

i did a couple igau stick to hitbox converts, lemme know if you run into any problems
Awesome, yeah I don't want any money for it just help me break even on shipping.

I haven't looked super close at the conversion stuff yet but I'd imagine it's just the four buttons, print a template, mark the lexan, cut, install buttons..

Where did you get your buttons? Looking to put this together as cheaply as possible.

Awesome, yeah I don't want any money for it just help me break even on shipping.

I haven't looked super close at the conversion stuff yet but I'd imagine it's just the four buttons, print a template, mark the lexan, cut, install buttons..

Where did you get your buttons? Looking to put this together as cheaply as possible.
I actually had a couple or three of those sticks so i used the buttons from one. If you are buying i'd point you to focus attack

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Anyone know where I can pick up a TE2 for 360? Mine is pretty beat and don't feel like repairing it if I can find another cheap one. I looked on amazon and ebay and they were super fucking expensive for some reason when I thought they would be dirt cheap :(

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Anyone know where I can pick up a TE2 for 360? Mine is pretty beat and don't feel like repairing it if I can find another cheap one. I looked on amazon and ebay and they were super fucking expensive for some reason when I thought they would be dirt cheap :(
Did you mean a te2 for Xbox One? Those are pretty new so I doubt you'll find a cheap one. If you're just looking to play on 360 then there are tons of deals out there.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
i cant throw an instant air fireball with liu kang to save my life though. square gate problems?
Could be, or could be that you're not used to it. Once i got comfortable on a stick I stopped hitting the gate on a lot of things. IA fireballs should be about the same on both.

x TeeJay o

My IGAU settings are a little different, but I really like the feel of that button layout for MK.
Can you use cancel characters with this layout ? I cannot cancel with Dvorah on it for some reason with hitbox it feels so unatural and weird. I wanna give it a second try because i want to play all my fighters with similar layouts

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
Can you use cancel characters with this layout ? I cannot cancel with Dvorah on it for some reason with hitbox it feels so unatural and weird. I wanna give it a second try because i want to play all my fighters with similar layouts
You can. Cancel characters just take a while to get down because that muscle memory is something new and it has to become second nature. Just remember how you felt the first week learning to play on hitbox. Same thing applies.

gongfuren

Arma Virumque Cano