What's new

The Stick Thread

Nucking Futs!

Love me some arcade sticks!
a friend of mine gave me his wii and some games for free I already have one and the games suck so I traded them in for store credit needed an arcade stick and saw one in store I know it wasn't the best idea but I don't always make good decisions
stick is in good condition just has some scratches and missing the panel for the wire part of it
Thanks for the Info was helpful
No prob!

Guys, remind me of something. In the old six button setup, does the RT button go on the top row or the bottom row? I've finally decided to get rid of the extra two buttons on my Mas stick and for some reason, I dont recall which one is which.

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
I have a problem with the ls-dp-rs switch in my TE (1st round) stick. Stick works only when the switch is in the dp position. Anyone knows what this might be caused by? I've heard that the first versions of TE had shitty pcbs. Does anyone know how to fix it?

hey folks i wanna buy my first arcade stick for injustice. can you give me advices? has got to be available in europe. thx

Nucking Futs!

hey folks i wanna buy my first arcade stick for injustice. can you give me advices? has got to be available in europe. thx
Depends on your budget & whether you prefer Japanese (Sanwa/Seimitsu), Korean (Crown) or American (Suzo-Happ, iL) components. Then you have to decide between which button layout (Vewlix, Namco Noir, Astro City or straight 6/8 like in most American arcades). If it's possible, I highly recommend trying them out in person if there's a local tournament around you or just take your chances buying outright. Most prefer one of the first three layouts. Also, if you don't plan on going all-out then any of the Hori or Madcatz sticks (preferably with Sanwa or Seimitsu) should be fine (I prefer the former but both are excellent). Later on and/or if you just want top-tier arcade stick now then you can always go the custom route or just get a Hori VLX Diamond but will cost an arm & a leg upfront. Hope that helps!

Depends on your budget & whether you prefer Japanese (Sanwa/Seimitsu), Korean (Crown) or American (Suzo-Happ, iL) components. Then you have to decide between which button layout (Vewlix, Namco Noir, Astro City or straight 6/8 like in most American arcades). If it's possible, I highly recommend trying them out in person if there's a local tournament around you or just take your chances buying outright. Most prefer one of the first three layouts. Also, if you don't plan on going all-out then any of the Hori or Madcatz sticks (preferably with Sanwa or Seimitsu) should be fine (I prefer the former but both are excellent). Later on and/or if you just want top-tier arcade stick now then you can always go the custom route or just get a Hori VLX Diamond but will cost an arm & a leg upfront. Hope that helps!
thank you very much ive decided for the madcatz pro series.

KRYS9984

Noob
After seeing the recent images of the new Injustice PDP stick, what do you guys think?

Can anyone tell or have an idea what type of components are going to be integrated or is it still difficult so make out?

I fear it's going to be knock offs; at this point in 2011, the Mortal Kombat Tournament stick already had hands on reviews but we still don't know what type of dust covers are used on the Injustice model. Warner Bros owns the rights to the product and PDP is just fabricating it for them (probably the reason that PDP has not released any information) but waiting this long is kind of a downer.

I still have my pre-order for the Battle Edition but something keeps telling me to cancel it and just go for the individual IGAU game plus a Madcatz stick with official Sanwa parts.

UsedForGlue any input?

Nucking Futs!

A rep from PDP has already stated they can't release additional info on it since they're just the OEM & all of their email inquiries regarding this matter to WB/NRS haven't been replied to. I'm keeping my pre-order however, not going to open it just yet. There will be plenty of peeps that's going to open it up launch day & report back how hard/easy to open, mod & what components are inside. If I don't like what I read & see then it's going straight back to Gamestop unopened. AFAIK, besides the winners of the local tournaments that has received these sticks, no one else is saying or showing anything.

BTW, there's a thread I've started on SRK regarding this stick. There are at least 2 members on there that should report back on launch day so might want to check that thread out (SRK->Tech Talk).

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
There is nothing for free. I would strongly suggest you to buy a game and madcatz TE in addiction. Its impossible to get TE's quality for such a prize, lbsh. Oh, and that stick looks ugly.

Tim Static

Adminerator
After seeing the recent images of the new Injustice PDP stick, what do you guys think?

Can anyone tell or have an idea what type of components are going to be integrated or is it still difficult so make out?

I fear it's going to be knock offs; at this point in 2011, the Mortal Kombat Tournament stick already had hands on reviews but we still don't know what type of dust covers are used on the Injustice model. Warner Bros owns the rights to the product and PDP is just fabricating it for them (probably the reason that PDP has not released any information) but waiting this long is kind of a downer.

I still have my pre-order for the Battle Edition but something keeps telling me to cancel it and just go for the individual IGAU game plus a Madcatz stick with official Sanwa parts.

UsedForGlue any input?
Im getting one, but i didn't realize it had that Hori-type layout. I probably won't use it & end up selling it.

KRYS9984

Noob
Tim Static, I'm actually thinking of doing something similar.

I got a call yesterday from EBgames (Canada's equivalent of Gamestop) and they told me my Battle Edition bundle has been upgraded to include all the extra DLC content available from every retailer (Best Buy, Amazon, etc). I just feel like getting the bundle for all the extras and selling the stick right away to a collector for a good chunk of change.

I actually did something similar when Mortal Kombat 9 was released; I purchased the Tournamet Edition bundle and after seeing how widespread and impractical the button layout was, I opted to sell it the first week and basically got my copy of MK9 with a few DLC extras for under $15.00.

Imho, in terms of quality, The Injustice stick looks like it will be similar to the white Street Fighter Arcade Fightstick; I just feel that they are obliging us to pay for the extras such as unique case design, back-lit buttons and the rumble feature (whatever that it) and skimped out on quality. Modding is always an option but searching for parts, putting in the additional time to mod / funds is not practical when there are a few available models of superior quality right out of the box.

d3v

SRK
Nothing that anyone from the tech talk threads in SRK/SH/FSD/8WR hasn't already seen, but still needs to be shown here nonetheless.

ArtHobbies TEK-Case with a 360 FightPAd + MC Cthulhu and a bunch of other boards for LED lighting. Due to how complex this is, it actually bugs out every now and then (also the purple LED under the stick doesn't work anymore).

Pic and video c/o spenzalii who built this monster.

Nucking Futs!

Im getting one, but i didn't realize it had that Hori-type layout. I probably won't use it & end up selling it.
I ended up using it for a few hours wanting to really like it but then decided to sell it since too much work involved (dremeling the bottom of Sanwa buttons to make the OEM LED's fit in there with Sanwa SW-68 microswitches, using spacers to make a JLF fit, adding weights, etc.) to make it a quality top-tier stick (just not motivated enough to do all that easy yet tedious work). A little annoyed (I'm over it, ha!) WB didn't allow PDP to announce (before launch date) exactly what components (manufacturer) would be inside of it but I guess now we all know why though most of us suspected it wouldn't be top-tier components from Sanwa or Seimitsu anyway. Love the semi-grippy rubber texture (spray on?!?) of the case & LED lights...but that was it for this arcade stick. I probably wouldn't pay no more than $75 for it but that's just me. Also wasn't feeling the Namco Noir/Astro City button layout. If you guys/gals don't care about the LED's (vibration option in-game aka damage when you get hit) then for $60 (shipping included for the time being) this is the better option (if you're ok with a Vewlix button layout & a ball-top) since it's less expensive, includes a table mount/clamp, octo/circular gates, button plugs (for the last 2), USB-cable storage compartment & has the same exact components in the Injustice stick minus the LED's:

http://www.focusattack.com/qanba-q1-cut-ps3-pc-compatible-joystick/

And yes, they're a legit vendor as plenty of SRK users (myself included) have purchased from them.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I ended up using it for a few hours wanting to really like it but then decided to sell it since too much work involved (dremeling the bottom of Sanwa buttons to make the OEM LED's fit in there with Sanwa SW-68 microswitches, using spacers to make a JLF fit, adding weights, etc.) to make it a quality top-tier stick. IMHO, it's a good mid-tier arcade stick. A little annoyed WB didn't allow PDP to announce (before launch date) exactly what components (manufacturer) would be inside of it but I guess now we all know why though most of us on SRK suspected it wouldn't be top-tier components from Sanwa, Seimitsu, iL or Suzo-Happ. Love the semi-grippy rubber texture (spray on?!?) & LED lights...but that was it for this arcade stick. I probably wouldn't pay no more than $75 - $80 for it but that's just me. Also wasn't feeling the Namco Noir/Astro City buttyon layout. If you guys/gals don't care about the LED's (vibration option in-game aka damage when you get hit) then for $60 (shipping included for the time being) this is the better option (if you're ok with a Vewlix button layout) since it's less expensive, includes a table mount/clamp, octo/circular gates, button plugs, USB cable storage compartment & has the same exact components in the Injustice stick minus the LED's:

http://www.focusattack.com/qanba-q1-cut-ps3-pc-compatible-joystick/

And yes, they're a legit vendor as plenty of SRK users (myself included) have purchased from them.
I'm more annoyed WB/NRS couldn't let Mad Catz handle their stick for IGAU. I love my PDP friends, but....................yea. I had mine sold within 48 hours of official release lol

Nucking Futs!

I'm more annoyed WB/NRS couldn't let Mad Catz handle their stick for IGAU. I love my PDP friends, but....................yea. I had mine sold within 48 hours of official release lol
Yeah, loved both their MK sticks...but the Injustice stick was no bueno! Meh, at least the 2 DLC's both sold for $35+ on eBay, hehe!

d3v

SRK
With the LED lit Qanba parts, I can't help but wonder if this is a preview of an Afterglow branded stick from PDP.

Nucking Futs!

What is a good starting fighting stick for 360?

Thinking about getting a fighting controller.
Check the trading forums on both here & SRK. You can find decent-to-good deals on used arcade sticks. Based on what I've seen, you can get a top-tier (all Sanwa/Seimitsu components) arcade stick for less than $100 on both forums. Both Madcatz & Hori randomly has sales directly on their websites as well.