What's new

The Science of KENSHI - Ultimate Video Guide

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
This write up/videos Making are copy right of, THE BEHOLDER production© and Personal "Under_the_mayo". The purpose is to be spread to the MK communities , from the authority of the Writer/ owner.
Mortalkombatunited.com , testyourmight.com Forum boards and representation of the community Based on the game "Mortal Kombat 9" . Project Learning Lab (PLL) ® is a copy right of the Owner, xxTeefxx (A.K.A: The Beholder, xxBeholderxx). Any reclaimation of the above mentioned Project and such Video Making Ownership, by another party or outsider from the project members, will be considered a fraud/ and or Felony. Justified act might be taken in response to such felony, and consquinces may be applied trough legal rights, or even court.
Project learning Lab ®, is represented by , Clan Crazy 88. Exclusive for the Communities, Mortalkombatunited.com and Testyourmight.com, Boards.

Error

DF2+R2
Very nice, and lol I still get random reflects off of F3, 2, hopefully I'll remember that tip when using him so I don't get punished for random reflects. Oh and you have like the perfect speaking voice.

Sentry_Gun

Target Acquired
This write up/videos are copy right of, THE BEHOLDER production© and Personal "Under_the_mayo". The purpose is to be spread to the MK communities , from the authority of the Writer/ owner.
Mortalkombatunited.com , testyourmight.com Forum boards and representation of the community. Project Learning Lab (PLL) ® is a copy right of the Owner, xxTeefxx (A.K.A: The Beholder, xxBeholderxx). Any reclaimation of the above mentioned features or project, by another party or outsider from the project members, will be considered a fraud/ and or Felony. Justified act might be taken in response to such felony, and consquinces may be applied trough legal rights, or even court.
Project learning Lab ®, is represented by , Clan Crazy 88. Exclusive for the Communities, Mortalkombatunited.com and Testyourmight.com, Boards.
Is this a joke? Lol

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
No, welcome to the real world :). lol
this is an actual desclimar toward this Project. This project has few supporters, and sadly people stole! some contents of early videos and claim it that they are the one who actually did it. and yes, it's been roaming around in every forum since forever, but few who does that. as well as it's been going on recently to many people online on youtube and other sites.

It happened to many TYM players in here as well, it was even posted on front page by TIM static plenty of times as well (3 times i witnessed). so yup....this is Serious and no joke bout it

:)

Great video Mayo

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Very nice, and lol I still get random reflects off of F3, 2, hopefully I'll remember that tip when using him so I don't get punished for random reflects. Oh and you have like the perfect speaking voice.
Ha, thanks Error. I'm actually an english teacher, and I have 10 year experience in debate. So yeah, I'm very clear and thought out in what I say. Would you or anyone else here be interested in a making of video? These things require days of sketching ideas in notebooks, assembling video lists, writing a full script, recording narration, etc.

Spread the video around if you can! Even non kenshi players would enjoy it i think.

(and any comments oncopyright or legal shit, don't ask me. I just make the videos guys.)

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
Ha, thanks Error. I'm actually an english teacher, and I have 10 year experience in debate. So yeah, I'm very clear and thought out in what I say. Would you or anyone else here be interested in a making of video? These things require days of sketching ideas in notebooks, assembling video lists, writing a full script, recording narration, etc.

Spread the video around if you can! Even non kenshi players would enjoy it i think.
Anything Quan related I'm in lololol

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
Great breakdown

All that info is super nice I love the options you demonstrated with Kenshi thank you very much.

Sentry_Gun

Target Acquired
No, welcome to the real world :). lol
this is an actual desclimar toward this Project. This project has few supporters, and sadly people stole! some contents of early videos and claim it that they are the one who actually did it. and yes, it's been roaming around in every forum since forever, but few who does that. as well as it's been going on recently to many people online on youtube and other sites.

It happened to many TYM players in here as well, it was even posted on front page by TIM static plenty of times as well (3 times i witnessed). so yup....this is Serious and no joke bout it

:)

Great video Mayo
Well yes this is the real world, but you are threatening legal action. It is illegal to claim copyright on something that I doubt you have actually gone through the copyright procedures to have this piece of work actually copyrighted. Something you should think about before you continue claiming copyright.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Well yes this is the real world, but you are threatening legal action. It is illegal to claim copyright on something that I doubt you have actually gone through the copyright procedures to have this piece of work actually copyrighted. Something you should think about before you continue claiming copyright.
alright lets drop this sentry Gun, lets focus on this vid

yes the copyright i am aware of! every word Written. nothing wrong, everything is correct. it's my copyright for the (THE BEHOLDER PRODUCTION) and the new Project (THE LEARNING LAB). consider it a new project/ small company non profitable like the others (something like Machinama for example)

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Good video.

But every combo you listed that starts with :bp:fp~:d:l:fp needs to be changed to :bp:fp:l:bp~:d:l:fp - dash - ending string.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
The purpose of showing 2 1 RK without the back2 is to show the connection of a poke into RK. Since 2 1 is ranged anti-air, an instant RK will continue the hit to a combo. If you complete the string with B2, and you hit them in the air, it´s very likely the downward motion of the B2 will knock them away from you too far to get RK to connect even if you dash. I also didn´t present 21B2 as a main combo because the B2 overhead is unlikely to hit a blocking player who is knowledgable of Kenshi´s mixups. Just like how f2 2 b2 is unlikely to hit with an overhead because it comes so late in the string. However, feature f2 2 b2 prominently because its a combo ender for keeping them close by.

So yes, I do use 21b2 sometimes, if i really think they´re gonna stay blocking low. Particularly in the corner when they´re afraid of the F3 2 low starter. But I wouldn´t consider it a main offensive string. If you do, hey thats great. Everyone has their style. But I didn´t want to present that particular string that way. I do appreciate the discussion about it though!

Also, I did request a 21b2 RK combo from the guy who records my video but he left it out. And I had already bugged him about plenty of other footage I was missing. I decided to let that one go.

@Under_The_Mayo Thanks for making this video. It was super helpful and easy enough to understand even for me (MK9 is my first fighting game.) I really appreciate the time you took to edit together a 15 minute video. Never really felt compelled to make and account on this site until now but I just had to say thanks... hopefully more of these in the future.

TeeKay

Noob
I loved the video. I couldn't stop smiling and nodding when you were talking how much the sweep sucks. One thing for sure is I keep letting my finger slip and reflecting during combos.

These two vids basically inspired me to buy kenshi, talk about well worth the money

Good stuff, appreciate it teef and mayo

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Here's me using Kenshi in a couple of situations. First is me versus my friend Belicoff. The second is me at a local tournament after going undefeated in preliminaries, only to fight Belicoff in the first fight of the Top 8. I lost an epic battle, and then I lost a fight against Ermac due to some really bad decisions. I locked him down with my zoning, but then I started jumping for no reason and threw it all away.

[video=youtube_share;MwBw1offih0]http://youtu.be/MwBw1offih0[/video]

[video=youtube_share;LBB7QN7E_ho]http://youtu.be/LBB7QN7E_ho[/video]

What I'd like to say about the second video is that I definitely didn't use Kenshi correctly close range. I guess it was tournament nerves. Me versus Belicoff was the most hyped fight of the night, as no one else there was showing the control and viciousness that we were. And I took first place last tournament, with him taking third. So... I wasn't using 2 1. I wasn't using D4 TK. I wasn't using 1 1 4. And I was too scared to ever bait and punish a shoulder charge. I really wish I would have been more focused. However, my zoning game, I'm very happy with. I'm seeing more and more everyday that Kenshi's real strength lies in his TK slashes and Spirit Charge. You want to reserve close range for only occasional use, that way you can do something different each time and remain unpredictable and maybe get that combo.

Losing the Belicoff's NW was pretty epic. What really upset me was how I lost to an Ermac player. I had totally shut him down, locked him into place with my zoning hell. And then I just kinda fell apart. I stopped pressuring him. I started jumping, which we all know is a mistake against Ermac. I just lost it and I don't know what I did it. So let the tournament videos be an exposition of how to keep the far pressure with Kenshi. From here on I'll be turning him into a zoning nightmare. All night tonight I've been playing with Belicoff, and I make no exaggeration when I say I've been doing great all night, and taking an average of 65%-80% of his health in many matches just with zoning pressure.