What's new

The salt is real!!!!

Mayz22

Noob
Cool! It's good to know you are going into practice mode to lab it out. You mentioned that you weren't examining frame data, but I think it's critical that you do. Sometimes you'll be shocked at how much (or how little) time you have to punish something on block. But either way you now have the knowledge and you can figure out your optimal punish.

If you mostly play online, another piece of advice i would give is to strongly consider online lag. For example, if a move is -9 on block but you have an 8 frame punish starter, you are only going to have 1 frame window to punish. This is next to impossible online (at least for me). In this case you might want to try a different strategy.

If you are still getting blown up after all this, that's just nerves. You may have to get blown up another 100+ times in this same scenario before you become calm and confident enough to be able to punish it.
I honestly wish I could give more time to play better, now that is "summer" time
I'm out enjoying life, but in my down time I like to get down and get some mk in. Thank you for your help!!

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I took a very long break from MK11 because I just wasn't feeling it, but I reinstalled, and I guess time off was what I needed. However, I'm basically back at square one. To practice, I like what Pig of The Hut does (did). He would think about one thing he needed to improve and really dwell on that for several matches. It has drastically improved my game with Sub-Zero, although I'm still garbage. However, I can slowly feel myself climbing out of the dumpster. Wether it is very character specific like exposing gap's in Liu Kang's autopilot mid string, or just teching throws, anything helps. I can't give you advice on how to be a good player, but I can tell you even still being bad, the small victories and improvements are very noticeable and very satisfying.

UghGetOuttaHere

Number Cruncher. Jack of All Trades.
Hmm let me guess. You also teabag and counter pick? The time you spent on here is time you could be labbing/learning.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yep, I admit I am pissed, and salty as all hell.....
Why? Because I swear wether it be kasual online or the ever so toxic Kombat league I run into people that literally play cheesy as hell, or lag the f*ck out!!! Never has any other video game pissed me off like this one! People who do sindelar forward 4, then down back 4, easy to block right? Why do I struggle? Oh because my main sucks against everybody except asshole who just want to sit back and zone!!!! I played a sindelar who literally did that over and over and I couldn't poke, jump, or move in any direction at all. So I guess that forward for beats out my d1, or d4 with scorpion?!? Oh then jax or liu kang players.... its comical at this point, like people play these cheesy ass characters who just so happen to be top tier/tiers just because they are easy, they trump just about everybody else, and they are toxic or annoying. Yea, I Know, I should get Gud. Been told that numerous times, been told I am salty, been told alot of shit just because I blew off some steam within the community here. I main scorpion, I cant barely win anymore. I started to learn joker, got decent yet still lose, I tried jax, and used him the same cheesy ass way as others, I still lose, tried liu kang, still lose, I give up!! I know alot of it is me doing something wrong and I try to fix the mistakes but all I do is fail!! Online in this game to me is toxic!! Now I'm gonna go back to pre-school, sit in the corner and pout!!! Rant over
Maybe this thread I made way back in the day could help: https://testyourmight.com/threads/tips-on-becoming-a-better-player-part-1-how-losing-helps-you-get-better.3674/

Also, just to give you a heads up, homophobic slurs, as well as just about any discriminatory slurs, aren’t allowed here on TYM. We strive to be open and welcoming to everyone. So, please refrain from using that type of language in the future. This isn’t in reference to the post I quoted, but to another post in this thread where you used a homophobic slur (the “f” word). A post that is now deleted, btw. If you aren’t aware of the site rules, feel free to reread them at anytime here: https://testyourmight.com/threads/the-tym-community-rules-v1-6-updated-06-12-17.62373/

Thanks.

Mayz22

Noob
Hmm let me guess. You also teabag and counter pick? The time you spent on here is time you could be labbing/learning.
Nope, I do not participate in tea bagging or counter picks, that too is annoying to me. And yes I agree that the time I spent o here I could be labbing but see, My job does not allow me to play video games. I lab when I'm not at work or spending time with my family. So that is why I have voiced my frustrations because unlike some I do not have that kind of time. By any means I am not directing that towards you.

Last edited:

Mayz22

Noob
I took a very long break from MK11 because I just wasn't feeling it, but I reinstalled, and I guess time off was what I needed. However, I'm basically back at square one. To practice, I like what Pig of The Hut does (did). He would think about one thing he needed to improve and really dwell on that for several matches. It has drastically improved my game with Sub-Zero, although I'm still garbage. However, I can slowly feel myself climbing out of the dumpster. Wether it is very character specific like exposing gap's in Liu Kang's autopilot mid string, or just teching throws, anything helps. I can't give you advice on how to be a good player, but I can tell you even still being bad, the small victories and improvements are very noticeable and very satisfying.
Prior to Kombat League season 10 I took atleast 6 months off. I got tired of the toxic players online, and honestly some, not all, some of the people on this site. It's like wow, you cant voice frustration without somebody trying to bring you down even more. I though a "community" is supposed to build and help, but man I was wrong. All the tips and pointer I received on this thread have been noted, and will be utilized as soon as I can get in the lab!! It makes me feel better that the majority of you guys on here are reaching out and really taking time out of your day to help a frustrated player in such a positive way!!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
If you aren’t contributing in a constructive manner, and are just trolling for absolutely no reason, you will be infracted and your posts will be deleted. This applies to everyone. If you cannot offer anything constructive, criticism or otherwise, please refrain from posting in this thread. It would be much appreciated!

Working on your "coulds" and "shoulds" is gonna help.
The game has a lot of BS for sure, but this is it. You either accept or go play another stuff, or do other stuff.

What Im struggling nowadays is that I dont have much time to play because I work and study a lot....and when I play Im tired....but thats life.

I got decimated by a liu Kang with my dirtbag kano couldn't get in when he spammed fireballs and when I did he would rip my asshole apart with staggers and throws.

Sounds like the game is beating you and not your opponent. Labing is your friend but don't depend on it. Watch other matches online with your favorite characters. Ask yourself, what is it that their doing that you're not? Fighting games are all about situations and learning how to deal with them. Obviously this takes time but it's well worth it.

Mayz22

Noob
Sounds like the game is beating you and not your opponent. Labing is your friend but don't depend on it. Watch other matches online with your favorite characters. Ask yourself, what is it that their doing that you're not? Fighting games are all about situations and learning how to deal with them. Obviously this takes time but it's well worth it.
I think you are right!! This game is whopping me bad lol!!!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I got decimated by a liu Kang with my dirtbag kano couldn't get in when he spammed fireballs and when I did he would rip my asshole apart with staggers and throws.
block or duck > vege-mighty > jump > Kano ball > profit

also, his knife toss is pretty quick if you block or duck you should have time to send one and amp it. Even if it trades at least you'll have some time to breathe. And you can F3 under the high fireballs.