What's new

The salt is real!!!!

Mayz22

Noob
Yep, I admit I am pissed, and salty as all hell.....
Why? Because I swear wether it be kasual online or the ever so toxic Kombat league I run into people that literally play cheesy as hell, or lag the f*ck out!!! Never has any other video game pissed me off like this one! People who do sindelar forward 4, then down back 4, easy to block right? Why do I struggle? Oh because my main sucks against everybody except asshole who just want to sit back and zone!!!! I played a sindelar who literally did that over and over and I couldn't poke, jump, or move in any direction at all. So I guess that forward for beats out my d1, or d4 with scorpion?!? Oh then jax or liu kang players.... its comical at this point, like people play these cheesy ass characters who just so happen to be top tier/tiers just because they are easy, they trump just about everybody else, and they are toxic or annoying. Yea, I Know, I should get Gud. Been told that numerous times, been told I am salty, been told alot of shit just because I blew off some steam within the community here. I main scorpion, I cant barely win anymore. I started to learn joker, got decent yet still lose, I tried jax, and used him the same cheesy ass way as others, I still lose, tried liu kang, still lose, I give up!! I know alot of it is me doing something wrong and I try to fix the mistakes but all I do is fail!! Online in this game to me is toxic!! Now I'm gonna go back to pre-school, sit in the corner and pout!!! Rant over

Everyone gets their shit pushed in when they first start learning a fighter. The only thing holding you back is your mindset. You LEARN from losses. It's how you get better.

You need to realize that "cheesy" characters or playstyles are FAIR. You can't tell your opponent how to play. You need to accept that and ask yourself "how do I beat that?". Then hit up practice mode. Ask yourself this, if the character they use is cheesy and top tier...why don't I win when I use them?

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I hope you stick with it. Going on long losing streaks can be disheartening, but no one ever said the gitting gud process would be easy.

You've admitted to making mistakes, but do you know what they are, and can you correct them? Actively seeking out your faults to fix them is how you improve.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Don't give up, man. You learn more from the bearings than you do from the wins. But the online pool of players in this game WILL drive you out of your mind. Make pals here or on Discord and you're bound to find solid training partners.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
There's no way around learning to play the meta. At some point you have to realize that fighting games are not about what you think should work, or what you think is fair.. They are about finding what actually works and playing your opponent, not their character.

Until you can do that you will continue to be frustrated. But if you can change your mindset it'll improve your playing bigtime.

Mayz22

Noob
Why is this a thread and not a status update?
People just dropping any old deuce here these days...
Maybe because I'd like help, maybe because some people who dont like how others post should just mind their business and keep scrolling because they dont want to be helpful. I duno, it's not rocket science... .

Mayz22

Noob
Have you tried stand blocking against Sindel's db4?
Yea, I can block it, but it feels as if I get "jailed" for lack of better terminology, into blocking and not being able to properly counter. I haven't checked frame data on her db4 but that last person I fought made it seem that she was very, very safe on block and everytime I tried to counter I got punished.

Mayz22

Noob
There's no way around learning to play the meta. At some point you have to realize that fighting games are not about what you think should work, or what you think is fair.. They are about finding what actually works and playing your opponent, not their character.

Until you can do that you will continue to be frustrated. But if you can change your mindset it'll improve your playing bigtime.
This is exactly what I am trying to do but failing miserably at. I seem to go into the match and think to myself, look out for this string, look out for that string and then failing to react. But the when I fight somebody who ain't following the "meta" I either win more than I lose or keep it real close. I am satisfied keeping it close and losing, and I dont mind losing if the person just mops the floor with me because they had took the time to really figure out their character and Mixed my shit up something bad lol. But the same jax loops, sindel loops, liu kangs and so on just really gets old. I'm not knew to fighters, I played sf5, guilty gear, blaz blue, killer instinct, I mained scorpion since they arcades when mortal kombat 1st came out. I have completed in the old school "Blockbuster" tournaments and was somewhat successful. But The last 2 mortal kombat have really got my head spinning. Btw, Mortal kombat is my favorite franchise.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Bruah, in order to take it lightly, set yourself up with some good music. Perhaps get yourself a bourbon, or whatever chills you out. Try to analyze your shit, and stop jumping from character to character, cause it wont get you anywhere.

Scorpion is fine. He wasnt in MKX, that vindictive sob was autopilot.

Study your games, work on your game plan. Optimize your punishers, Bnbs, work on your reaction in the lab. That shit will support your position and get your stronger. Even an S Tier, wont do the work for you at a certain level.

Where I come from, we say "a good horse, will go even through the mud". You'll be fine, take care!

Yea, I can block it, but it feels as if I get "jailed" for lack of better terminology, into blocking and not being able to properly counter. I haven't checked frame data on her db4 but that last person I fought made it seem that she was very, very safe on block and everytime I tried to counter I got punished.
Her db4 is death on block. She plays a very dangerous game for lackluster reward going for that overhead and shit. Also her low which is what makes this even threatening can be punished by Scorpion's b2 and he's one of the very few characters that can actually punish that.

Dude you just have to go into practice mode instead of yelling on the internet.

Yeah shit is frustrating, but knowledge is power in modern fighting games, and people who don't do their homework get their ass beat repeatedly

Mayz22

Noob
Bruah, in order to take it lightly, set yourself up with some good music. Perhaps get yourself a bourbon, or whatever chills you out. Try to analyze your shit, and stop jumping from character to character, cause it wont get you anywhere.

Scorpion is fine. He wasnt in MKX, that vindictive sob was autopilot.

Study your games, work on your game plan. Optimize your punishers, Bnbs, work on your reaction in the lab. That shit will support your position and get your stronger. Even an S Tier, wont do the work for you at a certain level.

Where I come from, we say "a good horse, will go even through the mud". You'll be fine, take care!
Very much appreciated.

Mayz22

Noob
Her db4 is death on block. She plays a very dangerous game for lackluster reward going for that overhead and shit. Also her low which is what makes this even threatening can be punished by Scorpion's b2 and he's one of the very few characters that can actually punish that.

Dude you just have to go into practice mode instead of yelling on the internet.

Yeah shit is frustrating, but knowledge is power in modern fighting games, and people who don't do their homework get their ass beat repeatedly
It's not that I am yelling, let's put that to an end. I'm expressing frustration in Hope's others had same type of experience and could possibly render themselves useful. Those that do come and give me tips and pointers are very, very appreciated, those who come to the thread just to troll or down others well, they are just sad, sad human beings.... thank you for your help.

Write down shit you get hit by or character and strings you have trouble with.
Something like "Jade: stick to the face into stick to the ground"

Most people don't do that.
Dunno how many times I've gotten away staggering with b1 as Scorpion and very seldomly I see people who have labbed what I'm doing and just reversal punish me. Or people getting hit by b14 xx hellport thinking they can just duck that and hit buttons even though it jails into teleport on block.

You can really dissect matchups and better anticipate what people are doing, if you know their character better than they do themselves.

Here's some free Scorpion tricks:

- Always input bf1 after every jump attack you do. It's an option select and the spear only comes out on hit, never on block. This is true for all characters with grounded special moves, and you gotta be careful trying to anti air people who do this because they often hit jump attack early and that usually stuffs s1 and d2 anti airs.

- You can hit-confirm f3 and f4 into teleport, just throw the move out, cancel into teleport and if it hits you amp it if it's blocked you cancel the tp. You can do the same with b2 but it requires a lot more practice. You can also OS this but that takes a lot of practice especially the b2.

- Use 2 and 21s plus frames for pressure. 21 is +1 and allows you to poke or walk back depending on distance and 2 is +2 allowing you throw people out of their counter pokes, unless they're Sub Zero or Geras or anyone with a 6f d1.

- Watch RedRaptor's YouTube channel for optimal and practical Scorpion combos in every variation. Some have to be altered to do less damage and be easier if you're fighting female characters because after over a year, NRS still hasn't fixed hit and hurtbox issues.

- Pick another character. Scorpion kinda sucks compared to most of the cast and Paulo Garcia is inept at balancing the game and/or fixing issues characters have. He's gonna stay this way until the next game comes out.

Last edited:
Funny you say that because I did exactly that to see what parts I can improve on, maybe better timing, maybe better footsies or neutral game!!! Thank you for the hekp!!
Cool! It's good to know you are going into practice mode to lab it out. You mentioned that you weren't examining frame data, but I think it's critical that you do. Sometimes you'll be shocked at how much (or how little) time you have to punish something on block. But either way you now have the knowledge and you can figure out your optimal punish.

If you mostly play online, another piece of advice i would give is to strongly consider online lag. For example, if a move is -9 on block but you have an 8 frame punish starter, you are only going to have 1 frame window to punish. This is next to impossible online (at least for me). In this case you might want to try a different strategy.

If you are still getting blown up after all this, that's just nerves. You may have to get blown up another 100+ times in this same scenario before you become calm and confident enough to be able to punish it.

Last edited:

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I can see by your history that all you like to do is get the "troops" riled up. A troll in every sense as if somehow you are perfect, got life by the balls type straight shooter..... but in reality, you are probably a grown man, like myself posting on threads just to piss others of, or belittle them because you are just so perfect. Now, I posted my thread, yes I said thread, not a status update. A THREAD!! For that specific reason to get help...... but you, you are so miserable that you feel the need to belittle others. I already put myself down while posting this thread. I dont need you to do the same. Grow up!!
I think we both need to take a long look in the mirror, and make the necessary adjustments. We have lived life on a razors edge, and it has cut us. Worse, it’s cut those we love. If we continue on like this, my friend, this heartfire will sear us to the bone.
let’s do this together.

Last edited:

Mayz22

Noob
Write down shit you get hit by or character and strings you have trouble with.
Something like "Jade: stick to the face into stick to the ground"

Most people don't do that.
Dunno how many times I've gotten away staggering with b1 as Scorpion and very seldomly I see people who have labbed what I'm doing and just reversal punish me. Or people getting hit by b14 xx hellport thinking they can just duck that and hit buttons even though it jails into teleport on block.

You can really dissect matchups and better anticipate what people are doing, if you know their character better than they do themselves.

Here's some free Scorpion tricks:

- Always input bf1 after every jump attack you do. It's an option select and the spear only comes out on hit, never on block. This is true for all characters with grounded special moves, and you gotta be careful trying to anti air people who do this because they often hit jump attack early and that usually stuffs s1 and d2 anti airs.

- You can hit-confirm f3 and f4 into teleport, just throw the move out, cancel into teleport and if it hits you amp it if it's blocked you cancel the tp. You can do the same with b2 but it requires a lot more practice. You can also OS this but that takes a lot of practice especially the b2.

- Use 2 and 21s plus frames for pressure. 21 is +1 and allows you to poke or walk back depending on distance and 2 is +2 allowing you throw people out of their counter pokes, unless they're Sub Zero or Geras or anyone with a 6f d1.

- Watch RedRaptor's YouTube channel for optimal and practical Scorpion combos in every variation. Some have to be altered to do less damage and be easier if you're fighting female characters because after over a year, NRS still hasn't fixed hit and hurtbox issues.

- Pick another character. Scorpion kinda sucks compared to most of the cast and Paulo Garcia is inept at balancing the game and/or fixing issues characters have. He's gonna stay this way until the next game comes out.
"Or people getting hit by b14 xx hellport thinking they can just duck that and hit buttons even though it jails into teleport on block."

Let me see if I understood that correctly, if the blocked tp, then I can go right back into another tp? If so then this will be blabbed amongst the other tips you have given me. Although I do labe some if what you said, the b2 into port was actually my go to before the first to nerfed lol. I like his d4 stagger into df4. Alot of times even if the block the 1st initial hits, they let off block and get hit anyway with the last few rotations of the spear. Thank you for taking the time to break a few things down for me, very much appreciated!!

"Or people getting hit by b14 xx hellport thinking they can just duck that and hit buttons even though it jails into teleport on block."

Let me see if I understood that correctly, if the blocked tp, then I can go right back into another tp?
Nah b14 jails into the teleport. You can't just hit d1 to hit Scorp out of the teleport. Every other string like 11 xx teleport you can just d1 and hit under the tp. Which is stupid anyways because on block you get a way better punish. Actually that was useless knowledge I spread. You should never just do raw b14 xx tele unless you're dumb like me.

Mayz22

Noob
Nah b14 jails into the teleport. You can't just hit d1 to hit Scorp out of the teleport. Every other string like 11 xx teleport you can just d1 and hit under the tp. Which is stupid anyways because on block you get a way better punish. Actually that was useless knowledge I spread. You should never just do raw b14 xx tele unless you're dumb like me.
Lol, I'm known to "accidentally" do that myself