What's new

The Roach Trap

Wah indeed.

:en Armoured Dive kick would be nice, with a super sweet D4 and D1. Wahhhhh...
Bad hitbox. Bad pokes. Bad fullscreen game. Bad zoning. Meh damage on mixup strings. Meh rushdown. If it weren't for that divekick for him to be able to get in, U4xxBomb glitch, and his corner game, he'd be f**k all screwed. And majority of the top tier cast removes his divekick option.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Bad hitbox. Bad pokes. Bad fullscreen game. Bad zoning. Meh damage on mixup strings. Meh rushdown. If it weren't for that divekick for him to be able to get in, U4xxBomb glitch, and his corner game, he'd be f**k all screwed. And majority of the top tier cast removes his divekick option.
Its a character STRICTLY built on fundamentals. we take this completely AVERAGE character and make him AMAZING. WE FUCKING ROCK

Its a character STRICTLY built on fundamentals. we take this completely BELOW (fixed) AVERAGE character and make him AMAZING. WE FUCKING ROCK
I don't want to fucking rock. I want unneccesary bullshit like armored moves that grant full combos on hit, instant airs for easy zoning and great recovery, moves that give great reward with minimal risk, or fuck me a 3 frame divekick that combos (WTF?).....
Realistically? AS A RUSHDOWN CHARACTER, Would it be too much to ask for pokes that don't put me at 0 or -1,a variety of (high hitting) pressure strings that recover fast and leave you at at-least o or +1 , or pressure strings with fast activation that you can go from a poke and hit special mid (not mid), or maybe being able to throw a bomb/projectile that doesn't have an insane amount of recovery on hit/whiff, or maybe better bomb rules that made me rely on them freezing, rather than having me to rely on them getting knocked down, but I really wish Cyber could parry wakeups again. It made his rushdown game one of the top 5. But no, Cyber has only gotten nerfed since day 1 despite the fact he has always been traveling back and forth between low and average tier by the people who understood the character. He was high (not godlike) tier when he could still parry wakeups, but not anymore. Why has NRS nerfed him and given him nothing in return? Because FUCK YOU, that's why.

From his creation to his watered down moveset of every other character, Cyber has been the biggest uphill battle against the 6-4, 7-3 hightier.

I would've been completely fine if they just would've made Cyber Sub costume 2 for Sub Zero. Whenever I get a character like Sonya or Kabal, I am honestly baffled at all the great options and mindgames they have.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
I don't want to fucking rock. I want unneccesary bullshit like armored moves that grant full combos on hit, instant airs for easy zoning and great recovery, moves that give great reward with minimal risk, or fuck me a 3 frame divekick that combos (WTF?).....
Realistically? AS A RUSHDOWN CHARACTER, Would it be too much to ask for pokes that don't put me at 0 or -1,a variety of (high hitting) pressure strings that recover fast and leave you at at-least o or +1 , or pressure strings with fast activation that you can go from a poke and hit special mid (not mid), or maybe being able to throw a bomb/projectile that doesn't have an insane amount of recovery on hit/whiff, or maybe better bomb rules that made me rely on them freezing, rather than having me to rely on them getting knocked down, but I really wish Cyber could parry wakeups again. It made his rushdown game one of the top 5. But no, Cyber has only gotten nerfed since day 1 despite the fact he has always been traveling back and forth between low and average tier by the people who understood the character. He was high (not godlike) tier when he could still parry wakeups, but not anymore. Why has NRS nerfed him and given him nothing in return? Because FUCK YOU, that's why.

From his creation to his watered down moveset of every other character, Cyber has been the biggest uphill battle against the 6-4, 7-3 hightier.

I would've been completely fine if they just would've made Cyber Sub costume 2 for Sub Zero. Whenever I get a character like Sonya or Kabal, I am honestly baffled at all the great options and mindgames they have.
UMADBRO??!!!

UMADBRO??!!!
Fuck Cyber. Fuck this game.
All the tech in the world isn't going to make this character major tournament level competitively viable. He is flawed and below average in so many critical areas and he does only average or slightly above average at what his character is made to do.

J, don't even pretend like this character (aside from love of the character) is worth maining over any of the other hightier rushdown characters like Sonya, Jax, Johnny, or Liu Kang.

Fuck Cyber. Fuck this game.
All the tech in the world isn't going to make this character major tournament level competitively viable. He is flawed and below average in so many critical areas and he does only average or slightly above average at what his character is made to do.

J, don't even pretend like this character (aside from love of the character) is worth maining over any of the other hightier rushdown characters like Sonya, Jax, Johnny, or Liu Kang.
He isn't, yet here we are. Haha. Just goes to show some of us still play for fun and use the characters we find interesting. I find it amazing that ppl rally around this character simply because he is interesting.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
This just got added to my arsenal

UsedForGlue Major props

:)
Its just a starting point, I worked out that if you push the opponent to the corner with 332 on hit, your 21 short bomb will also be active, and then they will be stuck in the corner with an active bomb underneath them. 33 will have the bomb be active even on a crouch blocking opponent. Was going to make a vid, probably will later and attach it in here.

I have something else I am working on, but I need to test it with foxy first, since hes a prick for punishing.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Its just a starting point, I worked out that if you push the opponent to the corner with 332 on hit, your 21 short bomb will also be active, and then they will be stuck in the corner with an active bomb underneath them. 33 will have the bomb be active even on a crouch blocking opponent. Was going to make a vid, probably will later and attach it in here.

I have something else I am working on, but I need to test it with foxy first, since hes a prick for punishing.
do u find this viable?

http://testyourmight.com/threads/csz-fun-mix-up.13753/

UsedForGlue

Wow, thats weird, looked kick ass too.

I was tweeting Paulo garcia about the fact that CSZ's bombs don't freeze an opponent if deployed while crouch blocking, but if you deploy them from 33 or 112 on a crouch block they will, and it will not freeze from any other combination of string or normal he has, only 112 & 33, but according to paulo is wasn't intentional, although it seemed like it to me. Maybe something can be worked there.

I am looking into 112 on block and 33.

So you can do what you done in that video on a blocking opponent every time from 33, but it won't freeze a crouch block on 3.

DUH YUH WUNNA KNOW WUT JC IZ ZO BAD HE HEZ NO ZONEEING AND NO DIFEKICK AND HIS STUFF IZ EZCAPABLE

WEN EYE SWICH TU CSZ I IZ CONFUZD WIF THE OPSHINS

Fuck you guys
Johnny is a death machine in your face. In terms of characters with quick iaFs, he's basically the same as Johnny for getting in, roughly. Cyber is pretty good upclose to, but he doesn't exactly eat the hell out of pokes with knees, quick recovering 8/9 frame jabs, and ex-proj frametraps (if you don't count the ex-dk whiff).

But in all honesty, I think the only reason any Cyber Sub player mains and plays with Cyber Sub is because he is just an awesome idea with some of the coolest looking movesets, and not because he has 4i14-4-9813948910048309u--34 GODLIKE options with minimal risk. Me and Cyber got a real nice hate-love relationship.

So ladies and gentlemen, I've decided that, (with the help of J, you're going to help me right? And hopefully (respect my ability to name drop), Glue and Curbolicious as well. Curbo doesn't main Cyber, but he does main some of his bad matchups. And Glue, well Glue has an accent, and thus will get a possible video more views.

UsedForGlue

But in all honesty, I think the only reason any Cyber Sub player mains and plays with Cyber Sub is because he is just an awesome idea with some of the coolest looking movesets, and not because he has 4i14-4-9813948910048309u--34 GODLIKE options with minimal risk.
Your absolutely right, I first started using him because the idea of Sub zero as a Cyborg was just too kick to not play. You have to work like a dog for wins in most matches, and all it would take to make him a better character is some of the most minuscule changes/additions - most of these ''changes'' are reverts back to what he was capable of in the BETA version of the game.

Better recovery and start up on Ice Ball (BETA)
Better D4 and D1 - Nerf the back to back ability on his parry. (BETA)
Better recovery and start up on Ice Bombs with a bigger blast radius (BETA)
He needs Sektors forward throw, needs that pressure afterwards.
:en Bomb needs to be a single bomb (of each input distance) with the recovery of skarlets :en dagger cancel.
(Don't forget, he is a ''rush down'' character)
Floor freeze - Sub has it and its useless to him, players could no longer lay down against CSZ after a slide.
B2 Charge up that Sub Zero has.
F14 Special chain-able (BETA)
B32 dive kickable after string on block or hit (BETA)
B24 is short dive kick chain-able (BETA)
B22 can combo :en Freeze on hit.
Bombs freezing regardless of crouch blocking. (BETA)
:x safe on block and or combo-able afterwards (BETA) (again, he is a ''rushdown'' character, and it can't be combo-ed mid screen unless from B32)
Armour on his :en Far Dive Kick
Armour on his :en Slide won't fix anything.

There are no additions, all this stuff is already in the game AND MOST OF IT WAS ALREADY POSSIBLE IN THE BETA VERSION OF THE GAME.

So don't give me that ''you just want him buffed so you can win easier'' almost all of this stuff was in the beta.

Corbo doesn't main Cyber, but he does main some of his bad matchups.
Yea, curb plays all the top tier characters, and most of them that are not top tier are all Anti CSZ, Kabal, Lui Kang, Jax, Sonya...

Error

DF2+R2
"B22 can combo :en Freeze on hit."

Isn't B22 the complete string? If so, this request seems highly unlikely.

UsedForGlue

"B22 can combo :en Freeze on hit."

Isn't B22 the complete string? If so, this request seems highly unlikely.
All the requests are highly unlikely. B22 Chains specials but it doesn't combo anything. If he could B22 on hit into :ex Freeze it would help him out with a footsie game. He can only Freeze the opponent from :fk:fk with :ex Ice Beam, so the same could be applied to B22. But NRS will never revisit him for any patches, IF they ever happen again.

All the requests are highly unlikely. B22 Chains specials but it doesn't combo anything. If he could B22 on hit into :ex Freeze it would help him out with a footsie game. He can only Freeze the opponent from :fk:fk with :ex Ice Beam, so the same could be applied to B22. But NRS will never revisit him for any patches, IF they ever happen again.
NRS can hop on deez nuts nigguh. NWA.