What's new

The Roach Trap

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Hey guys.

I have been looking at one of the most uncovered aspects of cyber sub zero, and that is finding ways to make his bombs active after combos, which is locked out by the designers of the game, basically CSZ cannot freeze you in a bomb if it was deployed while you were unable to block.

I have come up with something that uses his non active bomb to set up an active bomb after a knockdown.

Here is what I have come up with, I call it "The Roach Trap"

Enjoy.

Wtf Glue?
It's "Hey Test your might! It's Glue here and I've got some new tech for all of you..."

Oh, and I knew about the Roach trap before it was mainstream:)

By the way Glue, if you, me, and J360 want to combine his trap, your inactive to active bombs, and a couple of my ideas, I think we could come up with a suped up version of this. Basically, the J360 setup Roach trap. That will be fucking manslaughter.

Edit: This is the best tech the Cyber Sub forum has seen since the Glue tech, and after the U4xxMB.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Hey guys.

I have been looking at one of the most uncovered aspects of cyber sub zero, and that is finding ways to make his bombs active after combos, which is locked out by the designers of the game, basically CSZ cannot freeze you in a bomb if it was deployed while you were unable to block.

I have come up with something that uses his non active bomb to set up an active bomb after a knockdown.

Here is what I have come up with, I call it "The Roach Trap"

Enjoy.

Glue I love watching all your videos because they are always quality videos. This definitely adds to my technical arsenal. You've re introduced something that alot of us gave up on figuring out. This will be adopted into my core gameplay. Thanks glue!

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
People freaked out over the glue trap? wtf? Anyhow this is fantastic. Not only do you demonstrate your findings and follow ups, but you basically go over each action your opponent could take. I'm loving the way you present your material man. Keep it up, and thank you again for helping work around the bs bomb shit with csub.

UsedForGlue

Glue I love watching all your videos because they are always quality videos. This definitely adds to my technical arsenal. You've re introduced something that alot of us gave up on figuring out. This will be adopted into my core gameplay. Thanks glue!
If you get b22, the long active bomb is guaranteed, that's the part I like the most.

The opponent can make the bomb non active by not blocking, but they will still get hit by the non active bomb,

This actually sparks a little interest into figuring out -fullscreen- gimmicks. Not traps or "tech" obviously, but "once a game" gimmicks. And have like 4 of em:)
J! TO THE BATCAVE! WE TEST AT DAWN!

UsedForGlue

Its defiantly something to look at, I love landing shit like this in matches, because it isn't guaranteed, but either way, forces the wake up.

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
:l:bp,:bp is such a good string. This isn't just good tech, it's also cool as.

I came up with another bit of useless tech, in the corner to get the most out the :fk,( :fkor :bk) mixup without meter;
:fk:fk:bp,:d:fpxx:qtr:r:fp,:fk:bk for 20%, 4% extra. Problem is the timing is too tight for me to do even 1 in 10 tries.

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
Also it seems to me that in terms of strategies, CSZ is arguably the hardest character to learn. Because you have to consider so many possibilities.

UsedForGlue

Also it seems to me that in terms of strategies, CSZ is arguably the hardest character to learn. Because you have to consider so many possibilities.
Well, CSZ played simply, is effective, fearing the dive kicks granting JIP 50/50's, and getting rushdown off slides.

I am just trying to come up with stuff to help with his lesser effective aspects and turn them effective.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
:l:bp,:bp is such a good string. This isn't just good tech, it's also cool as.

I came up with another bit of useless tech, in the corner to get the most out the :fk,( :fkor :bk) mixup without meter;
:fk:fk:bp,:d:fpxx:qtr:r:fp,:fk:bk for 20%, 4% extra. Problem is the timing is too tight for me to do even 1 in 10 tries.
I like to do 332, d1,111xxiceball,33xxslide. That's 29%

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
Off topic UsedForGlue you should lookup easycapture. It will make recording a lot easier for you + its cheap. All you need is.. S-video cable, 3 RCA Phono AV Audio Video y Splitter Adapter, 1 y-splitter cable and your ps3/xbox Scart Adapter for like £15 total. I can describe how to set it up if you want or there's always youtube.

UsedForGlue

Off topic UsedForGlue you should lookup easycapture. It will make recording a lot easier for you + its cheap. All you need is.. S-video cable, 3 RCA Phono AV Audio Video y Splitter Adapter, 1 y-splitter cable and your ps3/xbox Scart Adapter for like £15 total. I can describe how to set it up if you want or there's always youtube.
Il look into it man, do I need my PC/MAC set up close to my PS3/Xbox to do it? Because if thats the case, I can't.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Great setup. I think Sub-Zero can tech roll, clone wakeup to avoid the bomb (clone pushback) and divekick after the first bomb though? I am sure you could ex freeze him if you knew he was going to do that, though. Just something to think about.

Great stuff.

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
I like to do 332, d1,111xxiceball,33xxslide. That's 29%

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk
Oooh nice, I tried different things after d1xxIce, but didn't think to try a normal after d1, do pokes even cancel into specials?

UsedForGlue

Great setup. I think Sub-Zero can tech roll, clone wakeup to avoid the bomb (clone pushback) and divekick after the first bomb though? I am sure you could ex freeze him if you knew he was going to do that, though. Just something to think about.

Great stuff.
Yea, you have to be carful against Sub Zero with his wake up in general.

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
I still feel CSZ needs better pokes and a change to a special or EN special to help counter zoning. Won't happen tough, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa