Enenra

Go to hell.
*Sub clones* *Sub does Me Gusta face*
*Sonya EN Cartwheels*
*Sub can't put up clone for 4 seconds*

Sonya: "Sub Zero pls"
You know how beat EN cartwheel?
EN block.

And in any MU you shouldn't just be shitting out clones, it's scariest when it isn't on screen.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
sonya sub zero is definitely 5-5 at the highest level. It takes tons of patience on both players parts. One bad trade either way can be devastating. Both are good in the corner and sub can stay away from pressure with his clone and amazing d4.

Death

Noob
sonya sub zero is definitely 5-5 at the highest level. It takes tons of patience on both players parts. One bad trade either way can be devastating. Both are good in the corner and sub can stay away from pressure with his clone and amazing d4.
I dont know. I may change it to 6-4 Sonya. I feel like its close to even and maybe only slightly in Sonyas favor so I may change it to 6-4. I hate having Sonya/Cage going 5-5 with Sub when Sonya clearly is better in that MU

I hate playing against sub as sonya more than anything else. Gotta be the most boring fight there is. Either that or Smoke mirror matches due to the 42 times we'll smoke bomb each other and just sigh and watch each other fall.

Death

Noob
I hate playing against sub as sonya more than anything else. Gotta be the most boring fight there is. Either that or Smoke mirror matches due to the 42 times we'll smoke bomb each other and just sigh and watch each other fall.
You have to fight Sub the same way 90% of the roster does. Armor Cartwheel is really good in this MU and meter management is very important. Don't throw out random ex cartwheels cuz its a waste so save that meter. Also You cant just throw out D4 either. You have to be smart with D+4 MS F+1 but if sub makes 1 mistake he loses at least 40% of his life so its tough for Sub. Cant corner sonya either when she has meter.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Imo Sonya is easily one of the top characters for the simple reason she just doesnt have anything that can be punished. She has like what, 3 specials that can be punished? All of wich dont even need to be used in an actual match. She has amazing rushdown, good zoning, damaging combos and she can be played completely safe. Shes almost the perfect character.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Imo Sonya is easily one of the top characters for the simple reason she just doesnt have anything that can be punished. She has like what, 3 specials that can be punished? All of wich dont even need to be used in an actual match. She has amazing rushdown, good zoning, damaging combos and she can be played completely safe. Shes almost the perfect character.
Don't forget she has big boobs as well.

Joking aside. Her being too safe is exactly what makes her so good. I mean, the most you can hope for to punish her with is a down poke, even then you risk a counter poke or :ex Cartwheel, both putting you again in the same miserable situation you were beforehand.

Enenra

Go to hell.
I dont know. I may change it to 6-4 Sonya. I feel like its close to even and maybe only slightly in Sonyas favor so I may change it to 6-4. I hate having Sonya/Cage going 5-5 with Sub when Sonya clearly is better in that MU
I just looked and Cage loses 4.5-5.5 to Sub, so 5-5 would sound right then after all(?)

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
You're the only Sonya player to say that about the Kitana MU. I like it.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
interested in freddy analysis
5.5:4.5 in Freddy's favor. Possibly 6:4. Granted we play online, REO, who barely even uses the character, goes 5.5:4.5 vs. me. As does Master D. off-line. People who play me an awful lot do well vs. me because they learn the match up. People who barely play me get blown up with Sonya (and any other character not named Smoke. LOL.)

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Cage/Scorpion is clearly 7.5-2.5 and slightly worse than Sonya/Scorp because unlike Cage sonyas strings hit high and scorp can get out a lot easier. Scorps pokes on hit are disadvantage. Thats disaster when fighting someone like Cage.
Yeah, but once Scorpion gets away from Sonya, she has insane air control against him compared to Cage. Scorpion can't even punish EX kartwheel except on wake-up, and even that is situational. Cage and Sonya are both equally terrible for Scorpion, just for different reasons.

And for the love of Boon's eyebrows, just stick to whole numbers. This decimal crap is just so people don't have to admit a worse or better match-up than it really is.

5.5:4.5 in Freddy's favor. Possibly 6:4. Granted we play online, REO, who barely even uses the character, goes 5.5:4.5 vs. me. As does Master D. off-line. People who play me an awful lot do well vs. me because they learn the match up. People who barely play me get blown up with Sonya (and any other character not named Smoke. LOL.)
yeah but, what about freddy blows sonya up a little s it just that he has such a strong zoning advantage? i feel like she has excellent mobility, the ability to armor through zoning, and when she gets up close the only armored threat is ex sweet dreams which is truly only effective with his back to the corner... you are a great freddy but your scores truly dont articulate the matchup.

im simply playing devil's advocate and i actually think freddy is capable of amazing things in this game perhaps the community has not fully unlocked his potential yet and who knows what some of his matchups really are. Also feel this way about liu kang and skarlet

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Peckapowa, Freddy has a strong zoning advantage against 90% of the characters, so that point is not relevant. Sonya's footsies, offense, and armor are good enough to make this match up closer than most players tend to think. The problem is that only a handful of players truly know how to fight against Freddy because very few players use the character.

Death

Noob
Sonya is the type of character you have to main to really understand how ridiculous she is and to use her at full potential. Sonya isnt like KL or Kenshi where people can use them as pocket characters for bad MUs.

McNasty

Moist.
Sonya is the type of character you have to main to really understand how ridiculous she is and to use her at full potential. Sonya isnt like KL or Kenshi where people can use them as pocket characters for bad MUs.
Abso-fuckin-lutely, well said death.

Reptile is a 7-3.