What's new

The REAL Sonya Match up Chart

REO

Undead
Edit by AFG: Start shit storms and this thread gets locked, play nice all of you!

Here is another scrubby character that is in the same league as Kabal, Kenshi, Cage, etc. but people still deny it. Well here is the truth:

Baraka- 6/4
Cyber Sub-Zero- 6/4
Cyrax- 5.5/4.5
Ermac- 6/4
Freddy- 4.5/5.5
Jade- 6/4
Jax- 5.5/4.5
Johnny Cage- 5/5
Kabal- 4.5/5.5
Kano- 6/4
Kenshi- 4/6
Kitana- 5.5/4.5
Kung Lao- 5.5/4.5
Liu Kang- 5.5/4.5
Mileena- 6.5/3.5
Nightwolf- 6.5/3.5
Noob- 5/5
Quan- 6/4
Raiden- 6/4
Rain- 5.5/4.5
Reptile- 6.5/3.5
Scorpion- 7/3
Sektor- 5/5
Shang- 5.5/4.5
Sheeva- 6.5/3.5
Sindel- 6/4
Skarlet- ???
Smoke- 5.5/4.5
Stryker- 6/4
Sub-Zero- 5/5

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
REO

I like what you're doing here, and I have a suggestion. I think it would be cool if you provided detail on what you consider to be the top 5 most interesing/controversial matchups in these threads. IMO for Sonya, that would be Kenshi, Kabal, and Freddy, then take your pick (reptile, raiden, kitana, kl, mileena all look like they have potential to be interesting discussions).

nice work again

REO Scorpion Vs Sonya should be 9-1 if Cage beats him 8-2. I feel like Sonya dominates him better and she controls the air, but maybe you know something I don't?

Her projectile stops spear, and dive kick beats out teleport punch or bait hellfire for 40% damage. Also, MS F1 escapes from the telepunch. Her D1 and D4 can stop his overhead. Not to mention her stupid fast standing 1 can punish almost anything scorp can throw out...He is pretty much lost against her, at least from what I've seen.

Death

Noob
LMAO. This is the REAL Sonya MU chart. I am not trolling when I post it either and the 99% of the Sonya community who downplays their character are going to hate me when I post it.

Baraka: 7-3
Cage: 5-5
CSZ: 6.5-3.5
Cyrax: 6-4
Ermac: 6.5-3.5
Freddy: 3.5-6.5
Jade: 7-3
Jax: 6-4
Kabal: 4-6
Kano: 7-3
Kenshi: 3.5-6.5
Kitana: 6-4
Kung Lao: 6-4
Liu Kang: 6.5-3.5
Mileena- 7-3
Nightwolf: 7-3
Noob: 5-5
Quan Chi: 7-3
Raiden: 6.5-3.5
Rain: 6.5-3.5
Reptile: 6.5-3.5
Scorpion: 7-3
Sektor: 6.5-3.5
Shang: 6.5-3.5
Sheeva: 7-3
Sindel: 5-5
Skarlet: 6-4
Smoke: 6-4
Stryker: 6-4
Sub-Zero: 5-5

Death How do you see scorp as 7-3 instead of 8-2? I'm not gonna argue it as I don't know enough about it to even assign a number, but I'm just wondering what do you see as tools scorp can use? And what do you see as those rare 8-2 MU's, if they even exist?

Death

Noob
I thought Noob beat her, or at least went even. Educate me?
I guess Noob can win if your jumping around and dash blocking. The reason why I put 6-4 Sonya is because in the old traditional MU charts where everything was 5-5/5.5-4.5 etc i would label it as 5-5. Since i feel like sonya has a very very slight advantage I decided to give the full point since i dont believe in 5.5.

Sonya has alot of tools to deal with Noob. Armor cartwheel, D+4 into MS on a couple blocked shadows. Noob cant really get damage midscreen either. Its not that bad for Noob. Since I label it 6-4 its not bad enough where Noob has to counter pick. any 5-5 or 6-4 MU does not have to be counter picked.

Death

Noob
Death How do you see scorp as 7-3 instead of 8-2? I'm not gonna argue it as I don't know enough about it to even assign a number, but I'm just wondering what do you see as tools scorp can use? And what do you see as those rare 8-2 MU's, if they even exist?
I'm on the edge of changing it to 7.5-2.5. Reason why I had it as 7-3 is cuz in the old traditional MU chart it would be labelled as 6-4 or at worst 6.5-3.5. I added a full point to every ADV MU and added a .5 to every 5.5-4.5 sonya had. I personally think the only 8-2 in the game is Sheeva/Mileena.

Cage/Scorpion is clearly 7.5-2.5 and slightly worse than Sonya/Scorp because unlike Cage sonyas strings hit high and scorp can get out a lot easier. Scorps pokes on hit are disadvantage. Thats disaster when fighting someone like Cage.

Enenra

Go to hell.
...Cartwheel LOL
Ice clone LOL
I guess Noob can win if your jumping around and dash blocking. The reason why I put 6-4 Sonya is because in the old traditional MU charts where everything was 5-5/5.5-4.5 etc i would label it as 5-5. Since i feel like sonya has a very very slight advantage I decided to give the full point since i dont believe in 5.5.

Sonya has alot of tools to deal with Noob. Armor cartwheel, D+4 into MS on a couple blocked shadows. Noob cant really get damage midscreen either. Its not that bad for Noob. Since I label it 6-4 its not bad enough where Noob has to counter pick. any 5-5 or 6-4 MU does not have to be counter picked.
Thank you. I honestly thought it was more 5.5-4.5/6-4 in Noob's favor. I understand now.