What's new

The Real MK9 Top 10 Characters

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I feel like Jax vs Sonya is almost just as bad as Kenshi vs Cage at the highest level. I personally would have Cage over Jax in top ten as in my opinion Jaxs lack of safe pressure options against low hitbox characters is worse than Cages difficulty against zoning.
You have been misguided by F0xy's low hitbox propaganda machine sir. He probably thinks Quan is bad for Jax. :p

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Kitana has quite a few 7-3s and a couple 8-2s. A character that has MUs like that should definitely be considered top 10

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Cage is very good indeed, but doesn't he have at least 4 bad MUs?

Kabal, kenshi, Freddy, Sonya, sub, and MAYBE kitana. That's too many bad MUs to be top 10
tell that to dizzy :cool: i honestly feel like cage is being underrated right now, its making my old self feel really smart, and it may bring back my downplaying side..... oh god i feel it.......its here!!! .................................. Flash bottom 5 guys, cage not even top 15. :joker:

SZSR

Noob
IMO, the reason why we can never settle on a concrete top 10 and probably never will is because... 10 slots just simply aren't enough.

I mean, the top 6 are pretty much unanimous, but from 7-10, there is like literally another 10 valid candidates whilst you're supposed to pick 4.

Fair list though.
Not sure my opinion matters but i'd definitely vie for Smoke being number 7, his reset combos pretty much destroys the rest of the cast who have limited meter building capabilities or no real answers to Smoke bomb.

I mean if the top 10 was only comparing the ability of the top 10 to compete amongst each other then maybe I could say Smoke was lower, but you have a good Smoke who's completely familiar with every single match up in the game, it'll only be the top 10 (maybe top 15) giving him fits (look at how Wafflez did at FR). His legitimately bad matchups are already higher than him.

i think kitana's higher, so is smoke. lao is lower. move sonya down to where freddy is and move the other two up.
the community still lacks matchup experience with skarlet (and freddy, but his tools make him a lot more obviously good than the scrubs that play him are able to show). There arent enough top skarlets to really be able to judge either. Scar is good, but his style may not optimize the character's potential. otherwise there's maybe one or two skarlet players in the us and one known international, but we cannot say that eddy wang has competed at the highest possible level.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
My list
Kabal
Kenshi
Cyrax
Sonya
Lao
Freddy
Smoke
Reptile
Skarlet
Kitana or Cage

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
I definitely feel that Liu Kang is a top 10 in this game.
What are your thoughts on this WoundCowboy? and anyone else for that matter.
Kang is solid but who would you replace with him? I feel like all the characters I listed are better. The point of this thread is to make it so the top 10 no longer consists of 15 characters.

zaf

professor
Kang is solid but who would you replace with him? I feel like all the characters I listed are better. The point of this thread is to make it so the top 10 no longer consists of 15 characters.
With the list you made, I would remove Jax and put liu kang.

He is very balanced and excels at every aspect of the game, he is just not the best at each aspect.

-Great normals ( standing 2 is only 8 frames!!!!)
-Good fireballs and air fireball
-Great counter pokes.
-Has a parry.
-Good damage anywhere on screen.
-One of the handful of characters to blow up d1's and d3's ( kinda the same as the counter pokes)

Who does he really even lose to? Kenshi maybe but if he does lose to him it would be a 4-6.
He does really well against kabal.
I think he is even with cyrax and sonya.
I think he beats Kung lao.