What's new

Breakthrough The Re-Imagining Of Jade. Thoughts for the intrigued.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Ladies and gentleman, it's been a while since I posted a thread dedicated to the green queen, the sublime lime, the one they call Jade...

I am creating this thread today to give the Jade community, and others who are adventurous, some fundamental things that Jade needs that we have the power to utilize and find.

Here are the current issues I think we need to address as Jade users that I think may exist in her game.

Current Jade Quests

1)Find a way to use the advantage of EX High Rang and Normal Rang in guaranteed setups. I am talking no gimmicks, I am talking situations where we can use the immense advantage that these returning rangs give on block to give FREE jump ins or mixups. There has to be a setup which cannot be escape and guarantees this. We need to find them and exploit them. These would give Jade pressure options and something for opponents to fear especially towards the end of rounds.

2) Taking the TaC resets and evolving them. I tried to do this in the past and succeeded, unfortunately, I would still like to see more damage come out of it. Even if it is in the form of guaranteed chip damage. This may tie into quest #1.

3) We need to find a way to exploit flash on wakeup. Is there a guaranteed way we can get out of most situations by using flash? How many frames do we have to exploit, what can we do to make it as hard as possible for the opponent to pressure us on wakeup while using flash and no meter.

4) Maxing out our damage. We need to determine the best damaging situations for EVERY situation. I am talking screen placement. If I am close to the corner, I want to be able to take the most damage I can possibly take while pushing you into that corner.

Once some of these issues are attended to, I will assign some more "homework" :p

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
L
Current Jade Quests
Yes please! We (the Jade community) are currently working on a completion process in which we are going to give a conglomerate of information that is so far known about Jade. My concept for describing every bit of her rules and possibilities was with the not-so-hidden agenda of making these rules and possibilities known and readily available so that we can discover new things and hone old things.

For example: Everybody considers b1db2xxb2 to be her bnb whereas b1_n3_n2 ~>DB2, 4DF4, 12xx23f2~options are far more gratifying as the b2 launcher seems to increase "juggle weight" far heavier than wanted.

Presenting problems and then finding solution options to them is the way to go. Enhanced Projectile setups are where her frame traps are, while Enhanced Shadow Evade is where her true power and potential lies. To spell this out for everybody to see: xBF3 is not guaranteed damage, it's a guaranteed punishable whiff on all but xRays.

As such Jade's game heavily lies on proper punishment.

Problem: Low damage and weak setups as we know them
Fact: Her fastest punish is 12~options which does not yield in adequate damage UNLESS, 12~enhanced boomerang can create enough pressure for her to make the string itself link to punish, or 12DF4 is capable of lifting the opponent high enough in one way or another, for at least 20-25%
Solution: Test her options as suggested above.

Problem: Her fastest starter is an i14 stagger (it was either n3 or n2 not sure) so you can't just walk into people's faces and start off the string like you can with Smoke or Liu Kang.
Solution: Finding guaranteed xBF3 setups where the opponent takes combo damage and is put into a setup where
a. Jade gains back meter + deals chip
b. Jade deals guaranteed damage yet again.

Suggestion: Meter gain via TAC reset chip and then EnRang pressure with xBF3 retaliation scenarios in mind.

Bottom line is: Jade's game is highly reliant on meter. Jade needs to be able to constantly gain meter as fast as she uses it. For this, we need to optimize meter-gain with mid-string standard BF3 and proper spacing/blockstring setups.

Further: find ways to utilize her tools without burning too much meter and capitalize on meter usage.

Gruff757

The Gruff
Meter wise....the fastest meter gaining string that i have been using is b1xxstaffgrab. it gives just below half a meter on each blocked rep (maybe like 45-48% not sure) and deals 5% chip it takes 7 successful blocked reps to hit 3 full meters. ill get back with you if i can find a better one. :)

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
23f2~Staff grab is my preferred meter building string of choice.

Also, Staff grab and shadow kick build the same amount of meter.

So, 23f2~shadowkick on block leaves you at 0 so you can then do d1 or d3 into staff grab or shadow kick again or go for poke mixups.

Gruff757

The Gruff
23f2~Staff grab is my preferred meter building string of choice.

Also, Staff grab and shadow kick build the same amount of meter.

So, 23f2~shadowkick on block leaves you at 0 so you can then do d1 or d3 into staff grab or shadow kick again or go for poke mixups.
I was JUST about to state the part about shadow kick doing the same as staff grab xD. but yeah jade can build the meter its just a matter of getting in to actually do it :p

Gruff757

The Gruff
If may? I think you guys should also look into 12xxsk, d1, sg

btw, is there a list of all the characters with low crouch blocking hitboxes or something?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
STB TakeAChance, I know this is viewed negatively but jip b1 special builds a shit-ton of meter. Just saying

Also, i'm going to play around with your 12 b2 d3 shenanigans

also look at my post about b2 uppercut otg.

I saw that Birdy, I just wish her uppercut granted advantage like some other members of the cast.

The TaC resets best uses are for throw mixups, and corner game. It is hella effective in the corner.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Adaptation, improvisation, being able to catch them offguard. If you know Jade you win one you lose one. If you know the opponents but not Jade, you lose more than you win. If you know the game inside out, you troll the shit out of them with Jade.