What's new

Video/Tutorial The Rain Video Thread

Subby

Frost Warrior
Yo Pig, how bout we do the runs tomorrow? I''m having an off day today and Im not feeling it. :(

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Yo Pig, how bout we do the runs tomorrow? I''m having an off day today and Im not feeling it. :(
honestly i can hook up xbox for a little bit because it's behind the tv and because of this surgery i had wednesday i cant bend down and lift stuff :(

im kind of bed stricken till thursday so im stuck on PS3, kinda sucks but not really cause ps3 still rules. I promise we'll get them in.

Subby

Frost Warrior
honestly i can hook up xbox for a little bit because it's behind the tv and because of this surgery i had wednesday i cant bend down and lift stuff :(

im kind of bed stricken till thursday so im stuck on PS3, kinda sucks but not really cause ps3 still rules. I promise we'll get them in.
I can make thursday work. Due to some circumstanes, I'll be able to play Mortal Kombat all week. Just send me a message to my XBL when your ready.

Hex

Noob
Hey OP, would you wanna do some Rain matches on PSN sometime? I don't main him, but I am also learning him.

Pig Of The Hut

Hey OP, would you wanna do some Rain matches on PSN sometime? I don't main him, but I am also learning him.
Oh without a doubt yes, ive played nothing but Rain 95% of the time this past week and week and im always looking for more. Ill add you tonight on ps3.

tag = bambamguitar

I'm going to update this thread tonight w more videos and my thoughts from the original post re-analysed now that ive seen some beauty w him from ikizzle, bid slash and i myself feel im coming into my own w him. Still a long way to go though

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Please dont upload the first sektor match where I was doing naked TU's cuz my EX TU's weren't comin out cuz my analog ps2 controller was fuckin with me lol. Everything else is fair game.

My assessment on Rain(In Order):
Broken-
Top- Kung Lao, Cyrax, Cage, Reptile, Kitana, Scarlet, Raiden
High - Kabal, Mileena, Smoke, Ermac, Kano, Liu Kang, Nightwolf, Kenshi
Upper Mid-Sektor, Rain, Sub Zero, Scorpion, Noob, Shang Tsung,Cyber Sub, Sonya
Lower Mid-Jax, Jade, Quan Chi, Stryker
Bottom-Baraka, Sindel,Sheeva

Pig Of The Hut

Please dont upload the first sektor match where I was doing naked TU's cuz my EX TU's weren't comin out cuz my analog ps2 controller was fuckin with me lol. Everything else is fair game.

My assessment on Rain(In Order):
Broken-
Top- Kung Lao, Cyrax, Cage, Reptile, Kitana, Scarlet, Raiden
High - Kabal, Mileena, Smoke, Ermac, Kano, Liu Kang, Nightwolf, Kenshi
Upper Mid-Sektor, Rain, Sub Zero, Scorpion, Noob, Shang Tsung,Cyber Sub, Sonya
Lower Mid-Jax, Jade, Quan Chi, Stryker
Bottom-Baraka, Sindel,Sheeva
well it sucks i recorded our last series and not our first - the first one you put it on me and im with you on the naked sektor UC, I played pretty poor w mileena in that series too at first but your sektor is easily the hardest ive faced.

im trying to record all my matches w rain to really analyse him and try to up him game more. My favorite thing you do w him is your spacing and as i jump in you do 4,3 bubble....thats so demeaning lol

Ive been working on it and would love tips on nailing this because it seems i get hit w JIP sometimes but i think it's because my spacing is too close. I agree with your tier list in regards to rain's placing.

I'm finding fighting elite Sub's is very frustrating w rain. Any tips on this matchup?

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Well Rain has a good back dash block so do that and b21+2 whenever someone jumps in to catch their wiff. If you feel that you are about to get hit, then just do EX roundhouse. Too good.

Against subs who like doing clone, lightning wrecks them. If you do the lightning too late, just wait till they start doing ice balls and teleport behind them and either 33~roundhouse or 4 roundhouse.

For subs who throw out clone and run in front of them in order to bait a teleport and catch you, just wait till they start advancing and throw out an ex-RH to break the clone and maybe catch him.

Rain demolishes the best subs if played patiently. Just turtle as much as them lol.

Pig Of The Hut

Well Rain has a good back dash block so do that and b21+2 whenever someone jumps in to catch their wiff. If you feel that you are about to get hit, then just do EX roundhouse. Too good.

Against subs who like doing clone, lightning wrecks them. If you do the lightning too late, just wait till they start doing ice balls and teleport behind them and either 33~roundhouse or 4 roundhouse.

For subs who throw out clone and run in front of them in order to bait a teleport and catch you, just wait till they start advancing and throw out an ex-RH to break the clone and maybe catch him.

Rain demolishes the best subs if played patiently. Just turtle as much as them lol.
....Sigh...I just was not treating the ice ball correctly w tele, s h i t

lol

I keep trying to jump over it w online laggy connections and im getting caught by the ice ball which offline would never happen unless im just "slow"

this helps a lot thanks

Pig Of The Hut

[video=youtube_share;qW81J71gmaY]http://youtu.be/qW81J71gmaY[/video]

IKIZZLE VS PIG

to be fair he beat me like 6-1 in a series before this video - he taught me a lot - this was our second go at it.

His rain best imo

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
Ill just post some CD Jr. Rain vids to get this thread rolling

SaJa

FH_FenriR
GG book burning, we can see cd jr helps you a lot. You have a pretty nice Rain, especially on that shit online =)

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
Some of my Rain footage in the recent tournament I joined

Grand Finals

Leooooh

Noob
Hey man!!!
Amazing videos.....And I have to say that your standing 1 as anti air is perfect. You never miss it, and by hiting it precisely you always get a free combo. Really amazing!