Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Isn’t the advantage of straight cat being it put Kotal back in the range where he excels the most? In addition of being the highest damaging ender. Not saying your suggestions are bad. I’m just confused as to whether cat or sword is the better ender. I think if totem and god ray were buffed to be safer on set-up then Totemic would be quite powerful with constantly regenerating health. Which would be greatMy 5 cents for NRS gods (if they are watching this thread). I agree on most issues described in longposts here.
- His only jail after D1 poke is s2 and d2. But it is so damn hard to land s2 and s2 has range issues. I think his d1 must jail into s1 on hit. And what's the point having d3 only +6 on hit when every move is that slow? And d4 should also jail in something scary. D4 into dash into f1 is not that reliable at all. Could that jail into b22?
- His f4 has good pushback on standing opponent, but it leaves in range of opponents poke if they were crouching
- His parry is so damn shit. Besides occasional cancel into parry for 'mental frame advantage' there is not much use of it. While other parries do damage, combos, suck life.. Kotal's one barely gives him any frame advantage. 2 fast hits will even crash parry completely (like Cassie's standing pistols). Startup is ass slow for a parry being at 14 frames. As it was said here, it is one of his signature moves and is so unreliable
- Would like to have a bit more safe setups for godray and totem
- Both kitties are so high risk low reward, that isn't even fun. Diagonal kitty with ability to choose a jump range would be great. Being able to amplify it on block would be great. Immunity for projectiles during roll would be also great.
- Agree, damage totem has more sense to have. Kotal is not kinda character who can reasonably trade or apply safe pokes, or mixup to dish out some damage to feed his totem. If I want reliable source of healing he has godray. If I want stack totems for higher blood return I need to stay at the same place. How then it differs from godray? Otherwise there should be a setup for a totem, that leaves opponent upclose for guessing game.
- Straight kitty is +12 on Hit and knockdown is pretty far away I must say. Only f2 can make some sort of frametrap. I usually prefer to use df2 instead - it has better advantage on knockdown and ability to switch sides. If only kitty could be used kinda scorpion teleport, with instant projectile immunity and fast startup, it existence would have sense for me. Otherwise it exists just for the sake of mercy brutality. Must say that at fullscreen opponent is able to block straight kitty and full combo punish? Isn't it exactly that case when it supposed to be used??
- Unblockable is a joke against skilled opponent even after 121 knockdown
- KB requirement on slow ass df2 move is shit. How you suppose to AA somebody with that move? I thought about mixing it up with his unblockable, but animation and speed is too different
- Wish s4 stay cancellable as it was day 1...