What's new

The Princess Needs Help 2.0

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
Can you KItana players tell me how it is you get blown up then? Cause as embarrassing as this is to admit she is literally one of my worst match ups. I just can't seem to crack good Kitana players due to her safety.
I also struggle against zoners but that's just me being an impatient player.
Some quick hot tips:
  1. If you catch Kitana being trigger happy with b231, know that you can delay your wakeup and get some of the hits to miss, and a good Kitana shouldn't be abusing the string but many do (including myself sometimes)
  2. The razors (db2 in highborn) will hit you if you try and roll forward so roll backwards.
  3. If you have a character that excels at either long distance or up close stick to one of those ranges because Kitana tries to be a pseudo close up, but she doesn't actually have way too many options if you're in her face.
  4. Know that she only have 2 overheads that occur in the middle of her combos, and since she doesn't have a KB on either throw they aren't too menacing.
  5. If the Kitana keeps doing the teleport, you can duck the potential amplify and punish and if you catch on CH you get KB.
  6. Her fan tosses are high, even when amplified. You double duck them and walk forward.
  7. Kitana, in highborn, has really (i think at least) only 2 krushing blows that show ever hit you. Her D2 and her b142 (this one is on punish or CH). Her other KB's are gutted (which requires 3 sai tosses to hit you), df2 (which needs to have at least 8 hits to trigger), and b231d2 can be seen coming a mile away.
Highborn seems really fun to play, im gonna play her for a week and see how it goes. Any good beginner tips or a highborn guide i can watch?
I don't know of any guides other than one I believe that was posted pre patch but I can give you some fun tips:
  1. If you're trying to do "big damage" then you really want to be in the corner. If Kitana gets you in the corner and you have to play her game then it can be alarming if you get hit by her b31 (low launcher that leads to combos with her razors leading to more hits and even a KB for df2)
  2. Razors covers an opponent trying roll to you, if you find that on wake up your opponent does that or does a small range wake up attacks, take a small step back and do razors
  3. Kitana’s D3 is a nice low that has a smaller hurt box, and it’s a good respect my space move if an opponent is getting too close. Her d4 accomplishes the same thing too if you prefer that and can reach a bit further.
  4. Get in the habit of using her b13, this string is really good for safety purposes but it pushes the opponent a little too far to hit multiple razors only one of the fans will hit unless you’re in the corner
  5. And finally the tip that makes me love playing highborn is that so many people don’t know just how strong razors or highborn can be so if your opponent doesn’t know the matchup you can abuse her sai toss, her sai toss into teleport when you sense they’re Gonna let go of guard. A good way to scope if someone knows kitana is to use her b231d2. Most players who don’t know the matchup or even are remotely familiar will get hit with the KB.

Last edited:
No, the revenenant one is the empress of the netherealm., but in the current timeline, she ends as empress of the outworld. The fact that Kang is a god now doesn't change her title.
For your first part, I mentioned that. For your second part, as I mentioned, time got rewound: her becoming the Empress of Outworld didn't happen.

For your first part, I mentioned that. For your second part, as I mentioned, time got rewound: her becoming the Empress of Outworld didn't happen.
You sure? Just based in in-game conversation, time Flow was mostly unaltered. Cetrion mentions the defeat of her mother freeing her, for example, and there are a lot more that don't come to mind, but i'm sure there are, and people still treat her as queen. I would asume Liu kept everything as similar to original as he could. but we'll have to wait 4 years to see.

You know, the debate about whether she is a princess or a queen is THE SHITTIEST DEBATE EVER!!!

Seriously... who gives a rats arse (and why?).
Because my name is queen.
Nah, it's just lore, and the fact that people abuse the term princess a lot. But again, I blame Disney, not you.

You sure? Just based in in-game conversation, time Flow was mostly unaltered. Cetrion mentions the defeat of her mother freeing her, for example, and there are a lot more that don't come to mind, but i'm sure there are, and people still treat her as queen. I would asume Liu kept everything as similar to original as he could. but we'll have to wait 4 years to see.
Versus dialogue is not necessarily canon. It was the same in Mortal Kombat XL. Time was altered. We plainly see this in the canonical Story Mode.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
The hit adv on Tele kick is indeed garbage lol. Had a Baraka destroy me with mashing 112 on hit. Even if I tried to shimmy and bait the 112 it connects on b2 string and b1 strings.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
The hit adv on Tele kick is indeed garbage lol. Had a Baraka destroy me with mashing 112 on hit. Even if I tried to shimmy and bait the 112 it connects on b2 string and b1 strings.
The only way to guarantee your turn after tele kick is by amplifying it twice lol. Even the first amplify doesn’t guarantee anything because of the pushback of the fan