What's new

The Princess Needs Help 2.0

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Here we go again lol. Almost a year in and there’s still some issues with her, even after her changes.

Now I definitely don’t think she’s bottom tier like a lot of people think, but I was one of those who thought she was pretty damn good. Outside of Highborn, I think Kitana is still pretty meh.

Kitana is pretty outclassed by a lot of characters in pretty much every department.
Her zoning in fan fare is lackluster. It’s fast startup and travel speed, but the recovery is bad, the damage is meh and the amplified version change helped but it’s still pretty meh.
Highborn zoning is better but the sai is very slow.
Her footsies are ok, but b2 can only get you so far, plus it’s a string you have to mash.
Her overall damage is pretty meh.

I can go on but I’m pretty sure you guys get the point. Below, I have a list of things that could help.

General Buffs:
-hitbox adjustments on attacks (FB/WU U2, b231343, etc)
- air fan + ground fan + lift in a combo is a thing again, like in previous games.
-S2 is now 9f
-B1 is now 11f
-21434 is now special cancellable
-b2 either splats on airborne opponents or keeps them juggled higher to finish the string without getting punished.

Fan Fare Buffs:
-Royal Protection now recovers immediately after a successful absorb to prevent getting punished by an attack during the recovery phase
-Can no longer breakaway from lift

Highborn Buffs:
-Gutted KB can now be activated from either landing 3 gutteds in a match or landing 1 of each attack from Half Blood Stance.
-More Advantage on Teleport Kick on hit

Fearless Buffs:
-Edenian Twist is no longer a KB when fatal blow is on cooldown. It is now a KB if you hit an opponent with it while they are blocking low.
-Can no longer breakaway from Fan Nado
-Fan Nado can now be amplified to come out faster, successfully connecting off any string, also goes full screen and negates projectiles (ONLY if S2 isn’t buffed)

These changes would help her a lot. I’m not trying to make her sky rocket to top tier or anything, just enough to compete at a much better level.

Discuss

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

biggest thing i've noticed when fighting kitana is that her up 2 just whiffs half the time when you try to flawless stuff and it'll pretty much never punish something that has pushback.
Yup. I mentioned that in my general fixes. Imagine reacting to subs f4 and flawless blocking it, but can’t U2 because it whiffs. Sad

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Been playing her a while. Agree she needs a little help. Definitely don't agree with B13 connecting to fan lift mid screen. And I don't agree on less recovery on fans. Maybe like 2 or 3 frames, but with more hit advantage. I wouldn't raise her damage, or give her a 6 frame low poke.

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
Why play Kitana when you can play Sonya LOL.

But for real though less recovery on fans or more plus on block.

-d3 is now 6f hell no.

she is the safest and lames character in the game imo the only thing i would give her is maybe plus frames on amplify fans so she can frame trap and pressure even better but we dont want mkx XL kitana over again. no thanks

xKhaoTik

-d3 is now 6f hell no.

she is the safest and lames character in the game imo the only thing i would give her is maybe plus frames on amplify fans so she can frame trap and pressure even better but we dont want mkx XL kitana over again. no thanks
You’re the same guy who thinks Jacqui’s 11 is broken, while also complaining about b34, her “plus pressure”, her “OH/Low Mixups” and her “unblockable projectiles”. You’ve BEEN canceled and lost all credibility to even comment on anything when it comes to characters so idk why you think you’re going to do any justice here.

xKhaoTik

Been playing her a while. Agree she needs a little help. Definitely don't agree with B13 connecting to fan lift mid screen. And I don't agree on less recovery on fans. Maybe like 2 or 3 frames, but with more hit advantage. I wouldn't raise her damage, or give her a 6 frame low poke.
Why not? I’m generally curious.

That's too much imo.

Here's what I would keep from your post and I would still change some things :
General :
-B1 is now 11f
-hitbox adjustments on attacks (FB/WU U2, b213434, etc) (even if that's not really a buff)

Fan Fare Buffs:
- Royal Protection's starts up quicker and the buff lasts longer

Highborn Buffs:
-Edenian Razors now works correctly on either side of the screen
-Gutted KB can now be activated from either landing 3 gutteds in a match or landing 1 of each attack from Half Blood Stance.

-You can now combo off of a successful sai toss
  • The sai can be meter burned to have a faster start up and is not cancelled if Kitana is hit before the sai leaves the screen
  • Gutted can now be MB to deal extra damage and now allows for a side switch

i
You’re the same guy who thinks Jacqui’s 11 is broken, while also complaining about b34, her “plus pressure”, her “OH/Low Mixups” and her “unblockable projectiles”. You’ve BEEN canceled and lost all credibility to even comment on anything when it comes to characters so idk why you think you’re going to do any justice here.
never said jacqui 11 is broken , jacqui is broken period look at tourney results if you want to talk about credibility you just lost all yours with the buff your askings.

a d3 6 frames lol

hatyr

tease out the impurities
Keep d3 7f but, my god, extend its range just a little bit.

Make Highborn stance cancels worth more. For the cost of a bar she should have much better frames; doesn't need to be plus or even neutral but what it is now doesn't suffice once your opponent knows how to handle the matchup or simply react to the meter being spent. Telekick need to be less high-risk/low-reward... literally risking your life for barley any hit adv and even less adv if you amplify it, all while being negative in the double-digits when blocked.

All of you guys have more match up experience than me. Overall, who do you feel in the game is lesser than Kitana right now? I don't mean in terms of her own match ups, but overall. I know D'Vorah is generally regarded as the worst character in the game, for example.

xKhaoTik

Don't really know all that much about the character so I'll refrain from saying much, but that does seem like an awful lot of buffs for someone who isn't even really considered bottom 5
Well I guess I should’ve been more specific but im not saying she should get ALL of these buffs. They were mainly just suggestions. I don’t want her to be broke lol

I’ll edit

Last edited:

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Finally.

Anyways.

-Make B2 15 frames.
-Increase backdash and back walk speed.
-Enhanced ground fan made a mid.
-Allow air conversions from fans/air fans.
-Get rid of these idiotic mashable strings (that goes for every character).
-Hitbox adjustments.
-Make ass amplifiable on block, but still punishable.

Last edited: