What's new

The Princess Needs Help 2.0

DavesHotnJuicy

jmack_215
It’s crazy how I just fought a Jax player and when I used amp fan toss he used his projectile parry and the second fan flew right through his body. He took no damage. I was pissed off. I thought his parry would work like Kitana’s.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
The thing with Kitana isn’t that she’s bad, she isn’t. She just doesn’t isn’t especially good at anything lol

honk

Noob
Well, a pity that you as a very familiar Kitana player took so long and now agree that there are indeed issues with Kitana, but better late then never ;)

The thing is Kitana has 2 major issues which needs to be addresses immediately by NRSto avoid expeling Kitana players from MK.

1. Kitana has a lot of bugs which in my opinion has the highest priority the fix
  2. Kitana as average Tier in a hand of a very good player, could need some adjustments in regards of damage and combostrings.
To be honest I have here a very long wishlist like you in for point 2 but still point 1 is most important.

If I am observing NRS approach it is very clear, that releasing DLC stuff and pull more money is the highest prio, so actually I gave up my prayers that either if these above points will ever be addressed.

Since point 1 is most important lets list all bugs which I encountered and it is much appreciated if you could complete the list:
  • Her hitboxes are a complete mess.
  • Whiffing Uppercuts
  • Whiffing U2 after a Flawless Block (who the hell at NRS desgined this animation and hitbox. Please fire him/her)
  • Her Square Wave whiffs, I mean flying over the opponent if opppenent does for example a low poke (how is this possible? It is a mid?)
  • Whiffing Razor Fans
  • Whiffing Kicks in b14 String if opppenent blocks
  • Here I realize that Kitana is our Whiffing Queen
  • Her FB is one of the worst compared to the rest roster (in all situation where I am using it and it opponent does in the same time, mine doesn´t connected)
  • whiffing fan-lift while juggeling the opponent

7L

Heads up!
Well, a pity that you as a very familiar Kitana player took so long and now agree that there are indeed issues with Kitana, but better late then never ;)

The thing is Kitana has 2 major issues which needs to be addresses immediately by NRSto avoid expeling Kitana players from MK.

1. Kitana has a lot of bugs which in my opinion has the highest priority the fix
  2. Kitana as average Tier in a hand of a very good player, could need some adjustments in regards of damage and combostrings.
To be honest I have here a very long wishlist like you in for point 2 but still point 1 is most important.

If I am observing NRS approach it is very clear, that releasing DLC stuff and pull more money is the highest prio, so actually I gave up my prayers that either if these above points will ever be addressed.

Since point 1 is most important lets list all bugs which I encountered and it is much appreciated if you could complete the list:
  • Her hitboxes are a complete mess.
  • Whiffing Uppercuts
  • Whiffing U2 after a Flawless Block (who the hell at NRS desgined this animation and hitbox. Please fire him/her)
  • Her Square Wave whiffs, I mean flying over the opponent if opppenent does for example a low poke (how is this possible? It is a mid?)
  • Whiffing Razor Fans
  • Whiffing Kicks in b14 String if opppenent blocks
  • Here I realize that Kitana is our Whiffing Queen
  • Her FB is one of the worst compared to the rest roster (in all situation where I am using it and it opponent does in the same time, mine doesn´t connected)
  • whiffing fan-lift while juggeling the opponent
Her KB is fine, range is there.

D2 is abysmal, doesn't need a buff as d3 is a better anti-air and more rewarding.

Square wave wiffing on low profile is expected, that's what low profile is for. There's no situation that you should just be randomly throwing it out as someone is doing a low poke.

The 4 in b14 string is a high, that's why it's wiffing in some situations.

Wiffing fan lift while juggling is not a hitbox issue. That's fine.

With a balance patch coming, I'm hopeful that she'll get her day 1 fan combos back. I see no reason for a mediocre projectile to be negative on hit just. Plus her damage is lacking. As for her strings, let's pray they give us something different with her, even if they keep the frame data the same, I'd hope for possible pushback on some of her strings. It's too much your turn, my turn stuff with her and her turn isn't good. B121 comes to mind with a normal string with good pushback even if negative.

Strings like 21222 and f222 could use some reworking. Khaotik already touched on a ton of her strings that need fixing.

She doesn't need the mkx treatment special wise but she could use it string wise.

honk

Noob
Her KB is fine, range is there.

D2 is abysmal, doesn't need a buff as d3 is a better anti-air and more rewarding.

Square wave wiffing on low profile is expected, that's what low profile is for. There's no situation that you should just be randomly throwing it out as someone is doing a low poke.

The 4 in b14 string is a high, that's why it's wiffing in some situations.
I am talking about FB not KB. Her FB is a bad one. little range and even damage is less then compared to other FB.

With D2, I mean punishing high attacks not used as an anti-air. It whiffs too much.

Square Wave whiffing on low profile is okay? Square Wave is a mid and I thought mid hits low profile and ducked and blocked ducks. Please enlighten me.

A whiffing high attack on a blocking opponent is not intentional, Ithought. Only if you neutral duck.

7L

Heads up!
I am talking about FB not KB. Her FB is a bad one. little range and even damage is less then compared to other FB.

With D2, I mean punishing high attacks not used as an anti-air. It whiffs too much.

Square Wave whiffing on low profile is okay? Square Wave is a mid and I thought mid hits low profile and ducked and blocked ducks. Please enlighten me.

A whiffing high attack on a blocking opponent is not intentional, Ithought. Only if you neutral duck.
I meant the FB, typo. Only issue is lack of armor.

And yes, that's literally how low profiling works.

Also depending on the hitbox/spacing of characters for moves to wiff like b14. I feel like it only happens if you get the far end of the b1 to connect. In that case, you should be using b12 anyway. Making b14 perfect makes b121 useless aside from spacing

EDIT: Okay, this is going to bother me all day so i need you to clear this up.

1. What moves are you getting low profiled by with square wave?
  2. Why are you throwing out square wave randomly midscreen (i hope midscreen and not in their face)
  3. Who the hell is randomly doing low profile moves midscreen that made you want to square wave, aside from maybe a cassie low gunshot, which I'm pretty sure still hits square wave.

Last edited:

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
Honestly, i should play circus music while i play this game like the video. It would make it seem like half these issues are less of a joke.

Yes I know I reserved a spot but this is easier to find and see.

Alrighty, I’ve put some serious thought into what I believe Kitana should have, including both variations and taking into consideration her frame data, and current universal bugs/issues.

And to quote REO “Kitana needs a lot of changes."

Whiffing Issues and Bugs:

• U3 Wakeup/Flawless block has a larger hitbox in front and upward to make this a true FB Launcher
  • Quick Execution no longer whiffs on grounded female characters
  • B231’s last hit no longer whiffs on certain characters (Example: Liu Kang).
  • D4 no longer randomly phases through whiffed attacks (Example Erron’s F4)
  • F2 has a larger hitbox to prevent it from whiffing on crouch blocking opponents
  • B231343 no longer randomly whiffs on the last kick.
  • B1 Has a larger hitbox below to prevent whiffing on crouching opponents
  • D1 now consistently hits at the same range regardless if the opponent is crouching or standing
  • D3 has a larger hitbox in front of Kitana
  • Amping Square boost no longer randomly whiffs on hit
  • Amping Fan Toss now consistently hits with both fans on an airborne opponent
Universal Frame Data:
  • D1 now starts up in 8 frames (lowered from 9)
  • B1 now starts up in 11 frames (lowered from 13)
  • 1 now starts up in 7 frames (lowered from 8)
  • 3 now starts up in 10 frames (lowered from 12)
  • 12 is now -1 on block (up from -5)
  • 21 is now +2 on block (12 frame high, currently is -7)
  • B231D2 is now -2 on block (Originally -6, string still starts from a 17 frame mid that ends with a 9 frame gap and can be flawless blocked for a full punish without spending bar)
  • F2222 is now -7 on block (lowered from -12)
  • 3212 is now -6 on block (lowered from -11)
  • F234 is now -3 on block (lowered from -7)
  • Fan Toss on a grounded opponent is now +5 on hit (up from -4)
  • Fan Toss on an airborne opponent is now at least +14 on hit (up from -2)
  • B131 Flawless block gap removed
  • B23 (new string) is -5 on block
Krushing Blows:
  • B142 KB Base damage increased form 29.5% to 33.5%
  • Square Boost KB requirement now triggers only on a counter hit/ punish and no longer requires max distance
  • Square Boost KB can now be AMP’d on hit leading to more damage (28%)
  • B321D2 KB now triggers if the opponent was hit with B321343 in a round
  • Forward throw KB added that triggers if opponent forward or back rolls.
  • Forward Throw KB does 31%
  • Sai Stab Krushing Blow requirement changed from landing three sai tosses to three sai stabs instead
  • D2 now properly triggers KB when used against high cmd throws
Universal Buffs:
  • Increased damage (Main bnb off fastest starter currently does 22-24%, should do 26-28%)
  • The third hit of 3212 can now be special cancelled
  • Amping Fan Toss now hits High Mid (changed from high high)
  • B34 no longer knocks the opponent away and allows a meterless followup
  • Kitana can now AMP Fan Toss in the air to immediately return to the ground
  • Fatal Blow Damage increased from 31% to 34%
  • Fatal Blow Damage scaling reduced
  • F234 can now be special cancelled on the 2nd hit.
  • B23 added as a new string
Fanfare Specific Buffs:
  • Kitana can now AMP Royal Protection at the cost of a defense meter to increase the duration of the move, parrying multiple projectiles as a result
  • The opponent can no longer breakaway while suspended by Fan Lift
  • Royal Protection Damage Buff duration increased from 2 seconds to 6 seconds,
  • Parrying a projectile resets Buff duration of Royal Protection
  • Square Boost base damage increased from 6% to 9% and AMP increased from 10% to 14%
Highborne Specific Buffs:
  • Edenian Razors now consistently hits grounded opponents when cancelled from a string.
  • Hitbox of Edenian Razors becomes active immediately and no longer phases through the opponent
  • Opponents hit by Sai Toss can be followed up for a combo
  • Directing Sai Toss location is now shown in the movelist
  • Teleport kick AMP has reduced recovery on hit to allow a followup if the opponent was hit while airborne.
BONUS: Third Variation
  • Includes Edenian Twist, Low Fan Toss, and Upward Fan Toss
Lmfao!

Ummm she's been literally Edenia's princess since forever, she became Kahn in mk11 but everyone is used to her being the princess and Sindel being the queen
Well, technically, Sindel isn't queen either, as Shao was not a King. But to be honest, i'm not sure how you call the daughter of an emperor in english.

Agilaz

It has begun
I thought this was gonna be a joke thread, but seeing y'all are serious is frankly very concerning

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I thought this was gonna be a joke thread, but seeing y'all are serious is frankly very concerning
What makes you think that Kitana is good/ really good? (Genuine question I want the opinions of people who think she's good)

Agilaz

It has begun
What makes you think that Kitana is good/ really good? (Genuine question I want the opinions of people who think she's good)
High chip, good projectiles, lots of safety, good mobility, decent range

FB starting hit ass, but other than that she honestly doesn't seem as bad as people are pretending

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
good projectiles
You mean the projectile that is negative on HIT?
The projectile that you can throw full screen against sub FIRST, he throws his ice ball after, she STILL gets hit and he can still COMBO?
The only projectile that when you amplify it, it’s still a high?
The projectile that doesn’t allow for conversions? Ya know...the thing kitana is known for? While other characters can?
The projectile that cant even contest a zoning war against a majority of the cast? How tf does Johnny and Baraka have better zoning than her?

That’s just her fan. If you’re talking about sai:

The projectile that takes over 40f to even come out?
The projectile that you can simply DASH ON REACTION? Some characters can even punish it

Good projectiles right? Lol

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Even with her changes it’s not like she’s going out and tearing up the pro circuit.

Probably doesn’t help that unless you’re in the corner her combos consist of “string into razors.”

Woo. Fun.

Agilaz

It has begun
You mean the projectile that is negative on HIT?
The projectile that you can throw full screen against sub FIRST, he throws his ice ball after, she STILL gets hit and he can still COMBO?
The only projectile that when you amplify it, it’s still a high?
The projectile that doesn’t allow for conversions? Ya know...the thing kitana is known for? While other characters can?
The projectile that cant even contest a zoning war against a majority of the cast? How tf does Johnny and Baraka have better zoning than her?

That’s just her fan. If you’re talking about sai:

The projectile that takes over 40f to even come out?
The projectile that you can simply DASH ON REACTION? Some characters can even punish it

Good projectiles right? Lol
Ok buddy, calm down. Nobody wants to nerf her. Just saying, maybe you should all stop pretending she is a shit character cause of a few minor weaknesses.

She doesn't need more buffs, she is fine right now.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I respectfully disagree because I find that she has to work harder to get average.

Like KhaoTik touched on, her projectiles are actually quite flawed, and without a mid on her MB fan you can just duck them all day. Her chip damage really only comes from Razors which is in the variation that removes her ground KB with square wave, and Razors replaces lift. To actually get her KB you have to be able to hit your opponent with three separate sai tosses which is actually really hard to do because of the slow startup. And if you manage to land the KB, your opponent can easily escape from it and it's a one time use.

While I don't think she's absolutely trash, I do think that fan-fare needs buffs in some way.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Ok buddy, calm down. Nobody wants to nerf her. Just saying, maybe you should all stop pretending she is a shit character cause of a few minor weaknesses.

You’re basing this based on posts on a thread that was made BEFORE the patch. She was shit BEFORE the patch, that’s why you see all those comments. You should’ve got your facts together before even commenting.

And literally everyone agrees fan fare needs buffs. Not sure what your agenda is but you might wanna take it elsewhere.

@QueenOmega @EMPRESS_SunFire @Edmund In Mortal Kombat 11, revenant Kitana is an Empress. Past Kitana is a Princess and becomes an Emperess about three quarters into the story. Then time gets rewound and it's all undone.

Depending on the ending that will be considered canon, she might end up the consort of a god. Not sure what title she'd have for that.

Generally, calling her the Princess is fine, since that's been her most common and reoccurring title.