What's new

Guide The Power Of Will - A Community Green Lantern Guide

rzn

Noob
As far as I've tested about a month ago, jump-in xx OAR doesn't combo into anything and you can get punished on block in some cases.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
I did come up with a front extension of the vortex where instead of dashing under you jump forward and time a jump1 as late as possible to reset them standing and you can immediately 50/50 them. It's hard to time though but doable

Also incorporating missiles more and confirming full combos off of traitmissles
Jailhouse, are you aware if this j1 reset still works?

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
Didn't they remove the otg restands? Good question il check in training mode later
Well for the most part they did, but I discovered that if timed correctly after mblm b1 will still reset the opponent standing and stuff wake ups also it can be done after the dash under making the jailhouse reset a viable option once again, though the timing is very strict. It's easier to do it on the same side rather than dash under.

Shellhead85

Svlpvher Fixvm Est Sol
Alright so, I am attempting the following combo j3 223 lift(MB) b3 j2 223 lift
The 223 after the j2 will not catch damn near everytime...Why? If I start this string with b1, 3 it works fine and is 1% less damage. (Which by the way is 39% , the OP didn't have the number and the 2 out of 3,000,000 attempts read that (39%) with 14 hits)

Also, regarding b1,3 trait - lift 223 lift(MB) b3 chaingun This is just a waste due to chaingun never hitting. and if I hit with OAR it is 1% more then the combo above that I cannot seem to hit.

So I must be missing something here. But Lanterns combos never seem to want to catch right, is all the stuff in the OP no longer working due to patches? Any light shed would be fantastic! Thank you!

Urtog

Noob
Alright so, I am attempting the following combo j3 223 lift(MB) b3 j2 223 lift
The 223 after the j2 will not catch damn near everytime...Why? If I start this string with b1, 3 it works fine and is 1% less damage. (Which by the way is 39% , the OP didn't have the number and the 2 out of 3,000,000 attempts read that (39%) with 14 hits)

Also, regarding b1,3 trait - lift 223 lift(MB) b3 chaingun This is just a waste due to chaingun never hitting. and if I hit with OAR it is 1% more then the combo above that I cannot seem to hit.

So I must be missing something here. But Lanterns combos never seem to want to catch right, is all the stuff in the OP no longer working due to patches? Any light shed would be fantastic! Thank you!
About the first combo you mentioned. The combo has more gravity than the b13 version meaning the opponent falls to the ground quicker. If a combo has more attacks or uses a specific string it can have more gravity than another. If you do ji3 22 lm instead, the 223 after the j2 is easier to hit and the combo does 40%.

b1,3 trait - lift 223 lift(MB) b3 chaingun... I just tested this and was hitting with chaingun every time you are probably just timing the minigun too late.

Also this thread is pretty old and the bnb's listed are not the standard bnbs GL players use today.

Off b13 there are many ways to get 33% with 1 bar which is what alot of GL's will go for.
b13, trait, lm, 223, ORmb, 223, lm. or something easier, b13, trait, lm mb, b3, ji3, 223, lm.

ji3 usually requires a setup to land because if it's not a cross up GL's jump ins are easily blocked.
j3, 2, ORmb, b3, ji3, 223, lm, 22, lm. That combo is harder to do than the ones mentioned above but as far as I know without using an interactable it's the most he gets off 1 bar of meter. Without trait it's 48% with trait it's 56%.

Shellhead85

Svlpvher Fixvm Est Sol
About the first combo you mentioned. The combo has more gravity than the b13 version meaning the opponent falls to the ground quicker. If a combo has more attacks or uses a specific string it can have more gravity than another. If you do ji3 22 lm instead, the 223 after the j2 is easier to hit and the combo does 40%.

b1,3 trait - lift 223 lift(MB) b3 chaingun... I just tested this and was hitting with chaingun every time you are probably just timing the minigun too late.

Also this thread is pretty old and the bnb's listed are not the standard bnbs GL players use today.

Off b13 there are many ways to get 33% with 1 bar which is what alot of GL's will go for.
b13, trait, lm, 223, ORmb, 223, lm. or something easier, b13, trait, lm mb, b3, ji3, 223, lm.

ji3 usually requires a setup to land because if it's not a cross up GL's jump ins are easily blocked.
j3, 2, ORmb, b3, ji3, 223, lm, 22, lm. That combo is harder to do than the ones mentioned above but as far as I know without using an interactable it's the most he gets off 1 bar of meter. Without trait it's 48% with trait it's 56%.

TY for the info what are the BNBs Gls use now?

Urtog

Noob
TY for the info what are the BNBs Gls use now?
Anything that gets you 33% with 1 bar of meter off b13.

b13, trait, lm, 223, ORmb, 223, lm.
b13, trait, lm mb, b3, ji3, 223, lm.
b13, trait, lm, 22, ORmb, b23, lm.
Meterless b13, trait, lm 223, lm.

There are a lot of ways to get 33% from b13 with 1 bar just find a version you like and do that one.

From f3 I'll usually do.

F3, ji2, b23, ORmb, b23, lm. If I have trait before I start the combo I'll end it with 22 lm.
You can also do F3, ji3, b13, trait, lm, 223, lm. Less damage but you get trait out of it.

From 223 I usually go for something simple.
223, lm mb, b3, ji3, 223, lm.

These combo's are just some of the things I do and may not be the most optimal but I find them easy and they can lead to setups I like to go for by tweaking the combo's a bit.

The first post of this thread: http://testyourmight.com/threads/green-lantern-bnbs-and-strategies.30132/ has a lot of good combos and information that's more up to date.