What's new

The Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire Discussion Thread

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
BTW... Am I the only one who think Mightyena deserved a Mega Evolution?
There were others I'd sooner like to see get a mega.

Mega butterfree
Mega wigglytuff
Mega machamp

Mega absol already exists, so it's not like there isn't already a mega dark type pokemon (discounting gyarados, sableye, sharpedo, houndoom and t-tar).

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
@Joker8417 and @ShadowBeatz So this was my team in Y that had the most synergy, at least on paper (I think), just wanted some feed back and how maybe i would able to make it better and what not, or tips, this is a uu team.

-Tornadus- prankster (the berry where it gives hp back, but not by 10)
Air Slash
Taunt
Toxic
Tailwind
-Scrafty- Shed skin (left overs)
Drain punch
Crunch
Dragon Dance
Poison Jab
-Forretress- Sturdy(Red card)
Bug bite
Heavy Slam
Rapid Spin
Stealth Rock
-Galvantula- Compound eyes (focus sash)
Thunder
Sticky Web
Bug buzz
Energy ball
-Swampert- Torrent (Assault Vest)
EQ
Scald
Rock Tomb
Ice Beam
-Kingler- Shell armor(Kings Rock)
Knock off
crabhammer
metal claw
Swords dance

So most obvious my team is to slow down the other team and have them stay in to give me more favorable match ups, to avoid the rocks. Tornadus (I feel) is a decent wall breaker and on top of that with a tail wind up it practically guarantees me being faster than everything. That and having a pretty well rounded move pool to take on just about everything. The biggest weakness on my team besides being a bit frail, is the fire and grass weaknesses. If I'm not careful those to can run shop. That's pretty much it, just wanted some feed back and maybe switch some things around.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
@Joker8417 and @ShadowBeatz So this was my team in Y that had the most synergy, at least on paper (I think), just wanted some feed back and how maybe i would able to make it better and what not, or tips, this is a uu team.

Air Slash
Taunt
Toxic
Tailwind
Drain punch
Crunch
Dragon Dance
Poison Jab
Bug bite
Heavy Slam
Rapid Spin
Stealth Rock
Thunder
Sticky Web
Bug buzz
Energy ball
EQ
Scald
Rock Tomb
Ice Beam
Knock off
crabhammer
metal claw
Swords dance

So most obvious my team is to slow down the other team and have them stay in to give me more favorable match ups, to avoid the rocks. Tornadus (I feel) is a decent wall breaker and on top of that with a tail wind up it practically guarantees me being faster than everything. That and having a pretty well rounded move pool to take on just about everything. The biggest weakness on my team besides being a bit frail, is the fire and grass weaknesses. If I'm not careful those to can run shop. That's pretty much it, just wanted some feed back and maybe switch some things around.
It's not a bad team, but you're wasting your mega slot. Mega swampert would hit harder with slightly more physical bulk and slightly less special bulk, and it's hit faster.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
It's not a bad team, but you're wasting your mega slot. Mega swampert would hit harder with slightly more physical bulk and slightly less special bulk, and it's hit faster.
for sure, this was in y so mega swampert wasn't out yet, would mega swampert work well with this team?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
for sure, this was in y so mega swampert wasn't out yet, would mega swampert work well with this team?
Well there's no reason not to use him aside from maybe taking grass knots slightly worse. He's bulkier, faster and hits harder. Also, you can run toxic/protect/roar/yawn for extra utility.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs

Air Slash
Taunt
Toxic
Tailwind
Drain punch
Crunch
Dragon Dance
Poison Jab
Bug bite
Heavy Slam
Rapid Spin
Stealth Rock
Thunder
Sticky Web
Bug buzz
Energy ball
EQ
Scald
Rock Tomb
Ice Beam
Knock off
crabhammer
metal claw
Swords dance

Oh god, I'm by no means an expert but I'll give my thoughts :D

Tornadus - Blaaaaaah Legendaries :p

Scrafty - I would recommend one of two things here. Either a) put an Expert Belt/Life Orb on him or b) keep the Leftovers but take him to the Move Reminder and replace Dragon Dance with Bulk Up. I like to use Dragon Dance for offensive sweeper Scrafty and having an item that boosts damage even more ensures nothing survives. Plus he can get a lot of recovery from Drain Punch after 1 DD. Bulk Up is used for the offensive wall Scrafty who's meant to take as many hits as possible, where I feel Leftovers would help since this Scrafty is typically invested in HP and Def/SpD. (I know you don't care about EV training and such but I just thought I'd share my logic)

Forretress - I like the idea of two attack Forretress, but I would replace Heavy Slam with Gyro Ball since Forretress isn't THAT heavy.

Galvantula - Seems good to me

Swampert - A-Ok

Kingler - Fuck yo Kings Rock flinch hax shit :p Nah I kid. I normally use a Choice Band with Kingler but kings Rock is fine if you don't have morals ;)

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Oh god, I'm by no means an expert but I'll give my thoughts :D

Tornadus - Blaaaaaah Legendaries :p

Scrafty - I would recommend one of two things here. Either a) put an Expert Belt/Life Orb on him or b) keep the Leftovers but take him to the Move Reminder and replace Dragon Dance with Bulk Up. I like to use Dragon Dance for offensive sweeper Scrafty and having an item that boosts damage even more ensures nothing survives. Plus he can get a lot of recovery from Drain Punch after 1 DD. Bulk Up is used for the offensive wall Scrafty who's meant to take as many hits as possible, where I feel Leftovers would help since this Scrafty is typically invested in HP and Def/SpD. (I know you don't care about EV training and such but I just thought I'd share my logic)

Forretress - I like the idea of two attack Forretress, but I would replace Heavy Slam with Gyro Ball since Forretress isn't THAT heavy.

Galvantula - Seems good to me

Swampert - A-Ok

Kingler - Fuck yo Kings Rock flinch hax shit :p Nah I kid. I normally use a Choice Band with Kingler but kings Rock is fine if you don't have morals ;)
thanks man! Appreciate the feed back. For forretress doesn't gyro ball do more damage the slower it is vs the opponents pokeman? That's why I picked heavy slam haha. Since I'm trying to slow everything down.i have little morals so kingler is ok haha :D. And I'll def think about that for scrafty. Do yiu I think I have to much physical pokemon? Like for offence and defense?

Enigma

Noob
Is anyone breeding 5-6 iv bagons? I wouldn't mind exchanging one of mine for those :)
I'm liking OU more now because mega mence is gone.
I think I'm no.12 on OU ladder and no.2 on UBER ladder rn :D

ShadowBeatz

thanks man! Appreciate the feed back. For forretress doesn't gyro ball do more damage the slower it is vs the opponents pokeman? That's why I picked heavy slam haha. Since I'm trying to slow everything down.i have little morals so kingler is ok haha :D. And I'll def think about that for scrafty. Do yiu I think I have to much physical pokemon? Like for offence and defense?
Ahhh that's a good point about Forretress lol. Think it might still do more damage since Forretress isn't going to be heavily outweighing too many things though.

ShadowBeatz

So I've been thinking about organizing a Wifi battle tournament. Haven't really thought about rules, tiers or prizes (if there is even going to be a prize) yet though because I wanted to gauge interest. I know Showdown exists and it makes team building VERY easy and accessible, but I've spent a ton of time breeding about a box and a half full of battle ready pokemon and I wanna use 'em :D

ShadowBeatz

LMAO!!! Just battled some Passerby.

His team: Mega Rayquaza, Primal Kyogre, Pikachu, Swellow, Deoxys and Sceptile
My team: Probopass, Sandslash, Mega Banette, Delphox, Glaceon and Castform

I 4-0'd him. I want to see if I can find something to record it with.

ShadowBeatz

I heard you can rematch Deoxys if you make him faint. Same with the other legendaries that appear when you're flying around on Latios/Latias.
Oh... so gone are the days of "you killed the Legendary, tough titties" huh? What has this world come to... first even the losers get trophies, and now this?