What's new

The Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire Discussion Thread

Solo

Shadow Priest
If you go into your PC, do all of the pokemon you're trying to use have a little blue pentagon next to all those shapes and shit? If they don't then I think that means they're illegal and you can't bring them online.

I just did this and I realized my Cradily is illegal :( I wasn't using him in our battle, but that makes me sad all the same. Time to breed a new one
The Blue Pentagon means it was caught in Kalos or Gen 6. Pokemon without probably came from Pokemon Bank/Transfer.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Ok I need help understanding EV training. At least with the calculation part. I watched videos on it, but all of them explain it while having Pokerus and none of mine have pokerus. I can get the power items so that's not a big deal.

So let's say I wanna get some speed EVs. I would do a horde battle against Zubats and according to serebii, they give 1 EV point in speed per each one. So after KOing all 5, how many EVs does the pokemon holding the power anklet get, without Pokerus? 5 EVs total in speed? How do I go about calculating this?

Super Training takes too long lol.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
Ok I need help understanding EV training. At least with the calculation part. I watched videos on it, but all of them explain it while having Pokerus and none of mine have pokerus. I can get the power items so that's not a big deal.

So let's say I wanna get some speed EVs. I would do a horde battle against Zubats and according to serebii, they give 1 EV point in speed per each one. So after KOing all 5, how many EVs does the pokemon holding the power anklet get, without Pokerus? 5 EVs total in speed? How do I go about calculating this?

Super Training takes too long lol.
They would get 25, so if you wanted to max out speed you would need to take out 6 hordes of Zubats to give you 150, then take the Anklet off and kill two more Zubats to give you 152. At that point you'd be done if you gave your pokemon 10 Carbos (gives 10 speed EVs for one) and it would have the 252 you're looking for, but if you don't want to spend the money on Carbos then you just knock out 8 hordes with the Anklet and then 2 individual ones without it.

I never train with Pokerus so I got this system down pat :D

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
They would get 25, so if you wanted to max out speed you would need to take out 6 hordes of Zubats to give you 150, then take the Anklet off and kill two more Zubats to give you 152. At that point you'd be done if you gave your pokemon 10 Carbos (gives 10 speed EVs for one) and it would have the 252 you're looking for, but if you don't want to spend the money on Carbos then you just knock out 8 hordes with the Anklet and then 2 individual ones without it.

I never train with Pokerus so I got this system down pat :D
So does the power anklet multiply it by 5? So 1 Zubat would give me 5 EVs while wearing the anklet?

Why not use pokerus just wondering? If you're doing a straight 252/252/4 set then it's really easy with it. Does pokerus stay with a pokemon through pokebank btw? I would assume it would

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Not multiply by 5. It adds 4. If you killed a Golbat (which I assume gives you 2 speed EVs) that would give you 6 Speed IVs total
Ok, so in a horde battle I would calculate it like this, 5 Golbats(2EV each)+anklet(+4 EV for each Golbat) 2+4=6x5= 30 total speed EVs from just 1 horde battle? Did I calculate that right?

Sorry about this, I just wanna be sure I get this down correctly lol

ShadowBeatz

Ok, so in a horde battle I would calculate it like this, 5 Golbats(2EV each)+anklet(+4 EV for each Golbat) 2+4=6x5= 30 total speed EVs from just 1 horde battle? Did I calculate that right?

Sorry about this, I just wanna be sure I get this down correctly lol
That would be correct

Not that I'm questioning you, but did you switch those two by any chance?
Nah, I generally use 4 special moves on my greninja and I plan to have explode on my magnezone, although come to think of it hasty might be good on both of them if I'm using u-turn. So I guess hasty for both

Edit: Actually greninja will mainly be for doubles so timid

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
That would be correct
Ok, I see now. And since I'm getting 30 total after each horde battle, I would need to do 8 horde battles since it's 30x8=240, and to get the other 12 EVs to get a total of 252, I could take the anklet off and do 1 horde battles to get 10 and then just kill one individual Golbat to get the last 2?

ShadowBeatz

Ok, I see now. And since I'm getting 30 total after each horde battle, I would need to do 8 horde battles since it's 30x8=240, and to get the other 12 EVs to get a total of 252, I could take the anklet off and do 1 horde battles to get 10 and then just kill one individual Golbat to get the last 2?
The math is right, but I don't think there are any Golbat hordes. This article will probably help in knowing where to go for EV training http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/pok-mon/oras-horde-ev-training-guide/t.94931333/.

Looks like I'm never EV training for defense in this game. I will not participate in Sandshrew genocide

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao

Enigma

Noob
If Aggron had Slack Off, he would be absurd. And I'd like it. By far my favorite mega.
Yeah, he's a good mega :)
My favorite is altaria! It's true that it's max stat is only 110 unlike any of the other megas, but that typing and movepool makes it OU worthy!

Why not use pokerus just wondering? If you're doing a straight 252/252/4 set then it's really easy with it. Does pokerus stay with a pokemon through pokebank btw? I would assume it would
Gunk shot is also an option!

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Im actually about to give Mega Latias a go alongside Altaria and put that team in my battle box. Mega Latias seems hype and I forgot she technically just came out this game lol. Learning stored power now give her gawlike calm mind sets.

matterovermind

mindundermatter
Finally completed story mode and now doing post-game extras. I have got all mega stones besides the lucarionite and garchompite, and trying to catch legends too. Notables include: Rash Rayquaza (31 ATK, 31 SPATK, 31 speed) , Jolly Landorus (31 HP, 31 DEF, 31 Speed), Sassy Heatran (31 HP, 31 SPDEF, 31 SP ATTK) and Mild Azelf (31 ATTK, 31 SPATTK and 31 Speed). Not sure how much longer I'll chase the rest of them, right now I'm going to grind a little at battle mansion to reaquire competitive items then start battling again. @Joker8417 are you able to get hacked items into ORAS ?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Finally completed story mode and now doing post-game extras. I have got all mega stones besides the lucarionite and garchompite, and trying to catch legends too. Notables include: Rash Rayquaza (31 ATK, 31 SPATK, 31 speed) , Jolly Landorus (31 HP, 31 DEF, 31 Speed), Sassy Heatran (31 HP, 31 SPDEF, 31 SP ATTK) and Mild Azelf (31 ATTK, 31 SPATTK and 31 Speed). Not sure how much longer I'll chase the rest of them, right now I'm going to grind a little at battle mansion to reaquire competitive items then start battling again. @Joker8417 are you able to get hacked items into ORAS ?
I can indeed.