What's new

The online play is better on the Vita version

Matix218

Get over here!
So what can I do with the router? I don't have any idea about how to solve this.
I honestly don't know man, short of getting a better one (but since you said you have no issues with playing other things online you probably would not want to do this). The only other thing I can think of is if you have other people living with you using the same wifi and maybe they were using up alot of bandwidth while you were playing? I know when my brother was streaming stuff on Netflix the other day I was trying to play and I got a little bit higher percentage of laggy matches (still actually totally playable though, better then my ps3 by far). I am not a super internet savvy or computer expert as far as the technical side goes so I cant really offer any more input than that. All i know is I get over 90% lag free matches on a regular basis even playing random ranked matches against random people on my Vita.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I might get this later when the level of competition is a bit higher on Vita. Why couldn't online be as good on the console?

Do you play wirelessly with your PC and PS3?

The game runs at the same speed, it's probably your monitor, remember, your playing on vita and there will be vitually no button lag whatsoever.
I use cable for PC and PS3. The problem is, it's not my router, it's my uncle's and I don't have any idea how another router could be better because I get almost the same speed in those download tests with cable and with wi-fi. My internet is fine for a brazilian connection, just tested it and got ping:44ms; down speed:12.31Mbps; up speed: 0.93Mbps with wi-fi. With the cable it won't be that much better, I'm really close to the router. Do you guys get something much higher than this? I used this site http://www.speedtest.net/

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I use cable for PC and PS3. The problem is, it's not my router, it's my uncle's and I don't have any idea how another router could be better because I get almost the same speed in those download tests with cable and with wi-fi. My internet is fine for a brazilian connection, just tested it and got ping:44ms; down speed:12.31Mbps; up speed: 0.93Mbps with wi-fi. With the cable it won't be that much better, I'm really close to the router. Do you guys get something much higher than this? I used this site http://www.speedtest.net/
The only difference would be slight package loss. By slight, I mean it should barely even do much, if anything at all. Wired is overrated in conditions where wireless right next to the router is possible.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I have to disagree with you, I've experienced a lot of disconnects and laggy matches yesterday. If the person lives near you and has a good connection, of course it will be god like. I even have some friends which I can play online with no problems in the console version too. The thing is, there are no lobbies anymore and it's hard to find someone from my country for example, so the lag is disgusting at least for me. You americans are blessed in this kind of situation... My final thoughs, the online is as bad as the console version, even worse if you consider no lobbies or king of the hill.
I can't say I agree with you completely. I want to state now that I'm not saying the online is godlike or anything, even with local players you can still feel a noricable amount of delay but its a lot better than on xbox. I don't own a laggy tv either. I'm not sure what it is but I've had better connections in the last 2 days than the last year on xbox. I've never experienced online matches in mk that had as littlw delay as on the vita. For example, I played konqrr, a west coast player and the lag (while not optimal and very noticable) was better than any west coast player I have ever played on xbox. It was just as bad as player another player from here in ny on the xbox version.

8 can safely say I do not miss koth at all. All it does is add more lag to the online play. It would be a great mode if it didn't make the game play worse.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Games are for the most part always smooth for me on Xbox and vital outside of connection issues. Being smooth does not cover up delay though.I've noticed a definite difference in the input lag between both platforms. That's without the use of aconverter and a good monitor. I also use a crt on another setup I have.

Did anyone make a topic for people who bought the game and want to play online? If not, my ID is andersoncalabro.

DeathTouch

Iceman
I need your opinion guys. I only have PS3 :( and I really would like to get me an Xbox or Vita if I can play you guys in America on the Vita cause I'm in Europe. So my question is. 1. Is it possible to play Eu vs he world ( U.S.A ) on the Vita with wifi or should I just get an XBL ?

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Did anyone make a topic for people who bought the game and want to play online? If not, my ID is andersoncalabro.
The Only thing that I can think of is (1) someone is streaming or have something downloading on your PCPS3. (2) You are not close enough to the router. You signal might be a bit weak.

My router is in the living room so I mostly play there instead of the bedroom. In my experience I will get lag when my daughter is watching Netflix or my wife on Hulu Plus. Other than that, I usually get the hyper fighter which im still trying to get use to :)

The Only thing that I can think of is (1) someone is streaming or have something downloading on your PCPS3. (2) You are not close enough to the router. You signal might be a bit weak.

My router is in the living room so I mostly play there instead of the bedroom. In my experience I will get lag when my daughter is watching Netflix or my wife on Hulu Plus. Other than that, I usually get the hyper fighter which im still trying to get use to :)
Man I'm in front of my router, lol. I'm getting good matches today. I'm seeing the problem is the other guys not me lol. Looking forward to play the guys here.

Man I'm in front of my router, lol. I'm getting good matches today. I'm seeing the problem is the other guys not me lol. Looking forward to play the guys here.
Also, having the right ports forwarded on your router works wonders. Go to portforward.com and follow the instructions to forward ports for psn. Get your vita set up on a static ip for your router. It made a world of difference for me. I also used to dmz my game consoles, but I found for some reason with my new router forwarding the individual ports works better.

Also, having the right ports forwarded on your router works wonders. Go to portforward.com and follow the instructions to forward ports for psn. Get your vita set up on a static ip for your router. It made a world of difference for me. I also used to dmz my game consoles, but I found for some reason with my new router forwarding the individual ports works better.
Thanks, I'll try this.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
The only difference would be slight package loss. By slight, I mean it should barely even do much, if anything at all. Wired is overrated in conditions where wireless right next to the router is possible.
NO

wireless should be banned on consoles

This could just be because our government is shit: But 2 of us Aussie's attempted to invite each other to a game on the Vita, both have US versions of the game.. and couldn't ever connect. Always got "The game is no longer available." messages after about 10 attempts...

You can't debate it until you test your connections anyway. Excuse me for a moment as I am geographically challenged when it comes to the US, but if you live on the East Coast and for some reason your ISP decides you should be routed through a node thats central or, god forbid, the west coast, you're likely to experience a whole heap of issues. It's got nothing to do with how close you are to someone.. it's got everything to do with how your ISP decides to route your data at that point in time, wireless or not.

On the other hand, if you're both with the same ISP in the same general area of your country.. you'll have a perfect connection (unless your ISP is retarded and doesn't keep its traffic within its own network).

PS: This also assumes that the game handles its netcode properly.. if it has bad netcode, it has bad matches, obviously.

Does the down grade in graphics play any part in how well it runs? Does that make less data to be transfered mean less lag?

Does the down grade in graphics play any part in how well it runs? Does that make less data to be transfered mean less lag?
Graphical data isn't transferred, and since both games run at 60fps there would be no "lag" in the execution of code for networked games. Besides, multithreading.. etc.

styroteqe

Space Jockey
I think these ppl sending you hatemails are actually going out of their way. I dont recall seeing a recently played list similar to the PS3 on the vita. These ppl probably login on their PS3 just to message you lol... if that's the case, this is really sad.
l
Actually, if you goto the "Friends" LiveScreen and click your own name, then "Shared Play History" it shows a log of players you've encountered. You can then message away from there. But yeah, the fact that they take the effort to cry about it is a wee bit silly. Take your beating!

styroteqe

Space Jockey
I have to disagree with you, I've experienced a lot of disconnects and laggy matches yesterday. If the person lives near you and has a good connection, of course it will be god like.
I played with a guy from Los Angeles. I am in New York, roughly 3000 miles (about 4800km) away. Had a great lagfree set of matches clear across the country. If you're consistently getting lag, check the firmware on your wireless router, maybe it needs to be updated or you have it configured incorrectly. I find it does play better than the console versions (ps3 at least), hands down. The "you Americans are so lucky" statement is silly, because we actually have some of the SHITTIEST broadband compared to most other developed countries. Unless you're in Slovenia and have tin can and string connection to your home, you probably have a comparable, if not better link.

For reference: http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/broadband_speeds_around_the_world.php