What's new

The online play is better on the Vita version

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I've been experiencing much less input delay in the online on the vita version. I'm actually surprised because I thought it would be worse but it's not. Anyone else feel this is the case? My experience with players on the vita has been a lot better than on xbox besides all the random people rage quitting at the end of matches lol.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I've been experiencing much less input delay in the online on the vita version. I'm actually surprised because I thought it would be worse but it's not. Anyone else feel this is the case? My experience with players on the vita has been a lot better than on xbox besides all the random people rage quitting at the end of matches lol.
Agreed man, lol I thought xbox live had all the rage quitters but I have been getting hatemail non stop!

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Agreed man, lol I thought xbox live had all the rage quitters but I have been getting hatemail non stop!
I think these ppl sending you hatemails are actually going out of their way. I dont recall seeing a recently played list similar to the PS3 on the vita. These ppl probably login on their PS3 just to message you lol... if that's the case, this is really sad.

On the other hand sounds like you got your mojo back :) We should have another session...soon lol

B W1zZ

Noob
So is the online that much better than Xbox or PS3? I'm considering getting a vita but I need a better reason to get one than just better online MK. The cross play/streaming PS3 games from the console to vita looks sexy though.

Matix218

Get over here!
I agree also. On many matches it feels almost identical to offline even. The rage quitting is very annoying though.... last night I had four matches in a row rage quit half way through the first round, I kept thinking my vita froze but then the stupid little "lost connection to your opponent" window appeared. I am beyond happy with mk9 on the vita though. I gotta start doing the challenge tower so I can unlock those sweet.new alternate costumes. Oh and I got your friend request scoot, look forward to playing you online and getting bodied.by your scorpion and reptile lol

TONY-T

Mad scientist
hmmm... I don't know. Maybe.

Scoot Magee add me and we can play
you could do it with a psp go, i thought they may have implemented the same thing on the vita. Would be awesome if you could. shame they didnt include a video output option like on previous psp's too, thats seriously the only thing holding me back from buying one of these things.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
the online is great, the competition not so much yet, you really gotta have buddys on your level if you wanna get good games in.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
you could do it with a psp go, i thought they may have implemented the same thing on the vita. Would be awesome if you could. shame they didnt include a video output option like on previous psp's too, thats seriously the only thing holding me back from buying one of these things.
I tried to sync my PS3 controller and the Vita didnt recognized it :-( There is a port however for accessories but we dont know what it is there for. Im assuming for the video output sometimes down the line. Since the Vita has bluetooth im hoping at some point Sony will let us sync our Ps3 controllers..maybe with Remote Play comes out (who knows)

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
ok,im a complete idiot when it comes to technology.do i have to have a ps3 to play online with a vita? considering getting one just for mk,is it worth it?

the online is great, the competition not so much yet, you really gotta have buddys on your level if you wanna get good games in.
Qft

The online experience is awesome but 99% of the time you are going to fight really bad players. I went back to the xbox after playing on the vita for a week and I was getting destroyed. I would not recommend playing on the vita if your trying to improve through ranked matches.

I agree also. On many matches it feels almost identical to offline even. The rage quitting is very annoying though.... last night I had four matches in a row rage quit half way through the first round, I kept thinking my vita froze but then the stupid little "lost connection to your opponent" window appeared. I am beyond happy with mk9 on the vita though. I gotta start doing the challenge tower so I can unlock those sweet.new alternate costumes. Oh and I got your friend request scoot, look forward to playing you online and getting bodied.by your scorpion and reptile lol
I've noticed the speed is great, but there are some connection issues at times. I've found rebooting my vita fixes it. Personally, to me it's not a rage quit unless there is a point where they are being dominated, all my screens of rage quitters show me up 1 round to 0, them about to die, and "the game session is no longer available". I have had my fair share of dc's, but if I wasn't absolutely crushing them I give them the benefit of the doubt.

Matix218

Get over here!
I've noticed the speed is great, but there are some connection issues at times. I've found rebooting my vita fixes it. Personally, to me it's not a rage quit unless there is a point where they are being dominated, all my screens of rage quitters show me up 1 round to 0, them about to die, and "the game session is no longer available". I have had my fair share of dc's, but if I wasn't absolutely crushing them I give them the benefit of the doubt.
Yeah it could be connection issues for sure, but the common thing was that it was fine until they got hit with a full combo twice in all 4 of those matches so I assume they prob quit. Bottom line is if you want to get good matches in play tym users with the private match feature.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
The Infamous E trust me just do what Matix218. Just add TYM ppl some of them are a real PITA to beat and dont forget we have the party chat. We can do a TYM room and switch between the 8 of us. That will be an awkward version of KoTH lol

I have to disagree with you, I've experienced a lot of disconnects and laggy matches yesterday. If the person lives near you and has a good connection, of course it will be god like. I even have some friends which I can play online with no problems in the console version too. The thing is, there are no lobbies anymore and it's hard to find someone from my country for example, so the lag is disgusting at least for me. You americans are blessed in this kind of situation... My final thoughs, the online is as bad as the console version, even worse if you consider no lobbies or king of the hill.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I have to disagree with you, I've experienced a lot of disconnects and laggy matches yesterday. If the person lives near you and has a good connection, of course it will be god like. I even have some friends which I can play online with no problems in the console version too. The thing is, there are no lobbies anymore and it's hard to find someone from my country for example, so the lag is disgusting at least for me. You americans are blessed in this kind of situation... My final thoughs, the online is as bad as the console version, even worse if you consider no lobbies or king of the hill.
Maybe your router isn't that great, I've played a dude in Montreal and Im in calgary, google the distance on that, and the connection was good.

Maybe your router isn't that great, I've played a dude in Montreal and Im in calgary, google the distance on that, and the connection was good.
My router is fine, me playing PC games online or CoD and Fifa on PS3 is fine. It's the game man, few brazilians are playing and I'm obligated to play with foreigners, it will always be laggy. The minimal amount of lag in a fighting game destroys the whole experience unfortunately. One thing I noticed is the game speed, is the game faster in the vita version or an I used to a laggy monitor?? The game is surprisingly faster.

Matix218

Get over here!
My router is fine, me playing PC games online or CoD and Fifa on PS3 is fine. It's the game man, few brazilians are playing and I'm obligated to play with foreigners, it will always be laggy. The minimal amount of lag in a fighting game destroys the whole experience unfortunately. One thing I noticed is the game speed, is the game faster in the vita version or an I used to a laggy monitor?? The game is surprisingly faster.
Its not the game man, I played about 30 ranked matches against completely random opponents yesterday and it was silky smooth on about 28 out of the 30. I would imagine that the 2 that were laggy probably had a bad internet connection or a bad router. when you are getting over 90% lag free matches I would say the game is fine and it is a connection issue on the random ones that do lag.

I played a ranked match with Jer yesterday and I live in PA and I think he lives in Montreal and there was no lag whatsoever (so I cant blame me getting bodied on lag lol). I also had a bunch of lag free matches against CRKFIEND last week and he said he lives in New Hampshire or somewhere up there and that is not exactly around the corner from Philly where I am.

I honestly wouldn't blame the game since so many other users are having little to no issues with the online.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Do you play wirelessly with your PC and PS3?

The game runs at the same speed, it's probably your monitor, remember, your playing on vita and there will be vitually no button lag whatsoever.

Its not the game man, I played about 30 ranked matches against completely random opponents yesterday and it was silky smooth on about 28 out of the 30. I would imagine that the 2 that were laggy probably had a bad internet connection or a bad router. when you are getting over 90% lag free matches I would say the game is fine and it is a connection issue on the random ones that do lag.

I played a ranked match with Jer yesterday and I live in PA and I think he lives in Montreal and there was no lag whatsoever (so I cant blame me getting bodied on lag lol). I also had a bunch of lag free matches against CRKFIEND last week and he said he lives in New Hampshire or somewhere up there and that is not exactly around the corner from Philly where I am.

I honestly wouldn't blame the game since so many other users are having little to no issues with the online.
So what can I do with the router? I don't have any idea about how to solve this.