What's new

Question - Mileena The One Major Buff Mileena Needs. Do you agree?

Would plus on hit Low Sai across all variations to Mileena be a fair way to buff her?

• Yes

Votes: 30 43.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • How Plus?

Votes: 14 20.3%

• Total voters

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
it's not neutral. so she does get something. use the frame or two.
For what?

In what situation would you ever gamble for MAYBE +1 and small damage where you can't follow up with any offensive pressure? She can't even fucking poke after it lol.

I'm not asking this to be condescending, I just generally want to know what you would follow up with at +1 with Mileenas strings.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
condition them not to hit a button after low sai with roll.
So you want me to do low sai for +1 (punishable on block) (somewhat hitconfirmable, but fuzzyable)
Then follow it up with a 7f roll (mid, punishable on block) (not at all hitconfirmable)

I don't want to get into theory craft about matchups since they all vary,

But when is that ever a good risk/reward? Not to mention nothing about that "setup" is iron clad at all. To many variable to cover and way to many ways to get my shit pushed in. Roll does not account for jumping, armor, 6-7f pokes/strings, NJP, and the plethora of other options characters have to beat the roll, and the F4, The ex roll etc. The opposing character is not restricted in any way to abuse their often better offensive and defensive options. And hell, this setup only occurs AFTER I gambled half my health bar at it's potential...

That's like saying the Muffin Muggers Mixup was awesome.

zaf

professor
So you want me to do low sai for +1 (punishable on block) (somewhat hitconfirmable, but fuzzyable)
Then follow it up with a 7f roll (mid, punishable on block) (not at all hitconfirmable)
I don't want to get into theory craft about matchups since they all vary,
But when is that ever a good risk/reward? Not to mention nothing about that "setup" is iron clad at all. To many variable to cover and way to many ways to get my shit pushed in. Roll does not account for jumping, armor, 6-7f pokes/strings, NJP, and the plethora of other options characters have to beat the roll, and the F4, The ex roll etc. The opposing character is not restricted in any to abuse their often better offensive and defensive options.
That's like saying the Muffin Muggers Mixup was awesome.
You do Low sai like bit said
They get hit or whatever, then you shoot out a roll.

Next time the sai hits them, they should be expecting a roll. I mean come on, you just gave them a free punish right.
So after the sai, they are sitting there waiting for a roll. They want that punish baaaad.
Use the time they are sitting there in anticipation for the roll, to do something else.

I.E Learn to condition. Learn to know what you are doing that conditions each player

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight

Next time the sai hits them, they should be expecting a roll. I mean come on, you just gave them a free punish right.
So after the sai, they are sitting there waiting for a roll. They want that punish baaaad.
Use the time they are sitting there in anticipation for the roll, to do something else.

I.E Learn to condition. Learn to know what you are doing that conditions each player
I understand the concept, but in no way does a person ever have to respect the roll. I'm gambling half my life for another HARD read. Sure I can telekick a jump or bait their armor or even roll myself to a combo/death. But was the inital setup worth that sort of risk/reward?

The reason why I want the low sai (more) + on block is so that it opens up her options AFTER making such a read and gamble.

Redk9

Noob
The strategy they are trying to sell to you is mediocre at best. Essentially don't use Mileena when you have better options

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
I understand the concept, but in no way does a person ever have to respect the roll. I'm gambling half my life for another HARD read. Sure I can telekick a jump or bait their armor or even roll myself to a combo/death. But was the inital setup worth that sort of risk/reward?

The reason why I want the low sai + on block is so that it opens up her options AFTER making such a read and gamble.
We get it; you want her to be a low risk, high reward zoner. I don't agree with that idea at all and think low sai is just fine the way it is. Why not just play Erron Black instead?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight

We get it; you want her to be a low risk, high reward zoner. I don't agree with that idea at all and think low sai is just fine the way it is. Why not just play Erron Black instead?
Low sai is not kabals IAGB. If you get hit by low sai from full screen (hit) you deserve to get another sai tossed at you lol. Are you saying you couldn't block a low sai from full screen, or jump a low sai from full screen? How does that make her a super strong zoner? Even at midscreen if we account for travel frames and advantage she would at most net a jump in...AT MOST. How is that broken in this game?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
yeah do it. fuck it.

or you can do EX roll to cover a lot of that. IDK whatever.
LMAO I legit just laughed reading that haha.

EX Roll, Roll, B12, blah blah blah all get beat clean by a jump forward/NJ. The opponent doesn't have to respect shit and you know it.

I am not gambling half my health for an essentially 1f advantage in the neutral for Mileena. You know better than to suggest that bullshit lol

Also gotta consider that, MK is a very "bullshit vs bullshit" kind of game. So what's fine and what's good are not necessarily the same thing. There are characters in this game with ridiculous safe low risk pressure. You can't compare risky and punishable pressure with that. Low sai being +1 would be ok if her D3 and D1 were less than 10f.

If she can't safely force insane mixups, she should be able to safely frustrate.

Kung lao has to risk getting full combo punished as well with ex spin to condition the opponent to block. You get a 50/50 into full combo. I get more pressure. At least you don't have to use meter to condition the opponent.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
he said after they're conditioned to block so you GTFO.
The roll is not a proper tool to condition with there at +1.

Lets look at it this way,

Should I be using roll midscreen all the time in the neutral? I see Mileena players do it all the time online. I don't have to walk to midscreen and just stop moving lol, yes I have been conditioned to be wary of it, but I have all the other options my character has other than stand block to beat it. I just can't toss out my normals willy nilly.

After a +1 neutral roll, I still have all of those options to avoid the roll, I just can't toss out my normals willy nilly, but I can still gtfo of the way of it, or even jump at her. Then instead of you condition me with my own setup, I get to start conditioning YOU. We are literally back at the neutral game playing Rock Paper Scissors.

I'd rather just end my normal strings and be slightly negative and be back in the same rock paper scissor battle depending on my spacing.

TLDR, Gambling half my health for the +1 low sai right now, doesn't ever seem to be worth the extreme risk :(