What's new

Combo List - Raiden The Official Raiden Combo Thread - All combos here

Lil Majin

Raiden Enthusiast
Corner Meterless restand
b2, b2, b1,4~LRC, 2,1,3, f1,2,b2 (hold), uf1, b1,4~db1......40%

Meterless Corner
b2, 2, b1,4~LRC, 2,1,3, f1,2,b2 (hold), NJP, f1,2,b2 (hold), 4, df2......41%

Remember that after the restand, the opponent's only options are to block or get hit by another f1,2,b2 (hold)~df2 series, which is an additional 3.75%. Therefore, the restand combo is 43.75%.

Last edited:
Corner Meterless restand
b2, b2, b1,4~LRC, 2,1,3, f1,2,b2 (hold), uf1, b1,4~db1......40%

Meterless Corner
b2, 2, b1,4~LRC, 2,1,3, f1,2,b2 (hold), NJP, f1,2,b2 (hold), 4, df2......41%

Remember that after the restand, the opponent's only options are to block or get hit by another f1,2,b2 (hold)~df2 series, which is an additional 3.75%. Therefore, the restand combo is 43.75%.
Keep in mind though that they can armor if you go for anything >7f and that f1,2,b2 is not + (if i recall correctly)

Lil Majin

Raiden Enthusiast
Of course. But after the guard string is guarded, Raiden is a considerable distance away and -6. If he has meter, then the opponent wouldn't risk attacking immediately. Furthermore, he can backdash away from quite a few retaliatory attacks after the full guard string.

Last edited:

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Speaking of NJP after Shocker, this is a newb question, but how do you connect it? I am having the hardest time hitting NJP after (EX) Shocker. I went to Practice mode and worked on it for a while, but I can't figure out the timing. The NJP will either not come out or come out too late. Maybe 1 out of 10 times I am able to connect, which obviously is not good enough. I tried holding Up and mashing 1 or 2 during the Shocker animation and I also tried hitting Up as soon as Shocker ends and immediately hitting 1 or 2, but neither of those worked consistently for me. Any advice?

ToxicBaraka1210

Stormlord Supreme
you can try pianoing it until you get the timing. after pressing up then press 1 then 2 immediately so you have two chances to get timing right. personally i use 2, and try slowing down just a bit it might help. delay a hair after ex shocker then njp. youll feel it out keep trying its manageable. to me its a lil slower than db3 njp for example.

Last edited:
Speaking of NJP after Shocker, this is a newb question, but how do you connect it? I am having the hardest time hitting NJP after (EX) Shocker. I went to Practice mode and worked on it for a while, but I can't figure out the timing. The NJP will either not come out or come out too late. Maybe 1 out of 10 times I am able to connect, which obviously is not good enough. I tried holding Up and mashing 1 or 2 during the Shocker animation and I also tried hitting Up as soon as Shocker ends and immediately hitting 1 or 2, but neither of those worked consistently for me. Any advice?

Gotta do the njp going up when it hits as a mid. Only way to do it. So as soon as you press up hit 1 or 2

you can hold up while shocking to get the jump as soon as possible. As soon as you jump press 2

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
you can hold up while shocking to get the jump as soon as possible. As soon as you jump press 2
Ah cool, that's what I was looking for. I am gonna try that next. I really want to master the NJP as it'd help me with increasing combo damage. I only recently mastered connecting Superman after 1, 1, 2, 2(hold) and it improved my Raiden game significantly, as it is now even easier to get the opponent in the corner.

Holy, ok so I just got a 49% 2 bar midscreen combo using Stop Bolt. I'd upload the footage if I didn't have crappy Australian upload speed.

BlackJackSnack

Bags of mostly water
Ah cool, that's what I was looking for. I am gonna try that next. I really want to master the NJP as it'd help me with increasing combo damage. I only recently mastered connecting Superman after 1, 1, 2, 2(hold) and it improved my Raiden game significantly, as it is now even easier to get the opponent in the corner.
I am just starting to mess with the 1122 superman, I thought it was super difficult when I first picked up the game and now I just have to get the timing down.

Do you have a visual que that you use to know when to superman?

Also have been working on ex db2 into d1 superman or f12 into something but I'm having trouble getting the timing for the input after the ex db2

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
I am just starting to mess with the 1122 superman, I thought it was super difficult when I first picked up the game and now I just have to get the timing down.

Do you have a visual que that you use to know when to superman?

Also have been working on ex db2 into d1 superman or f12 into something but I'm having trouble getting the timing for the input after the ex db2
Nope, no visual cue. The input window is actually big enough to where you can comfortably input BF3 without worrying too much about any particular timing. There is a trick to it, however, and the trick is that you have to be holding the 2 while you input BF3, i.e. you can't let go of 2 and then input BF3 (well you probably can, but the timing would be some ridiculous 1-2 frames window). I use a PS4 controller and I usually press the face buttons with my thumb. When I do 1, 1, 2, 2 (hold) however, I switch to my index finger and I use the thumb for the BF3, which I input pretty much anytime the lighting sparks for the 2 (hold) start connecting with the opponent, while still holding 2 with the index finger. Doing it that way my success rate is very high, probably about 90%.

And I haven't messed with (EX) DB2 at all, but if you can indeed connect D1 after it, then maybe one of the special moves that starts with Down might be easier to connect because you can use the D from D1 as the first input. For example, you might be able to do something like this:

(EX) DB2, D1, (EX) F2 or (EX) DB2, D1, (EX) B3

The idea being that D1, F2 is the same as inputting D1 ~ DF2.

thekablamster

It's good to be green (uses orange lantern skin)
Is there any trick to landing the f1 2 b2 f 1 2 b2... Combo? I can't even get the second string to hit.

hey raiden main's. ermac main here. decided to learn someone new. i love raiden so far but only thing bugging me is LRC combos. i am not entirely sure on what patch those combos were done (in OP post) but in latest combos i am unable to cancel fast enough after b14 lrc into f12 or 21 (for vortex?) , so i was wondering. is it me or timing got more strict in latest patches?

Gruff757

The Gruff
hey raiden main's. ermac main here. decided to learn someone new. i love raiden so far but only thing bugging me is LRC combos. i am not entirely sure on what patch those combos were done (in OP post) but in latest combos i am unable to cancel fast enough after b14 lrc into f12 or 21 (for vortex?) , so i was wondering. is it me or timing got more strict in latest patches?
Are you doing the regular dash cancel or the run input? Should be doing the run (ff+R2) and cancelling into your attack input

Are you doing the regular dash cancel or the run input? Should be doing the run (ff+R2) and cancelling into your attack input
hey there.
im doing RC not dash cancels. as far as i know only liu kang benefits from simple dash cancels.
what strings can be connected after b14 LC? only f12b2 and 214 right?

Last edited:
i have a very hard time linking anything... are they even practical in actual combat in the heat of the battle? havent noticed much of 'em.

Gruff757

The Gruff
i have a very hard time linking anything... are they even practical in actual combat in the heat of the battle? havent noticed much of 'em.
yeah it is because it extends damage midscreen and opens up vortex situations for you in the corner.

I'm still a beginner myself but just keep at it and you will have it down pact.

BlackJackSnack

Bags of mostly water
They are super practical, some say that you can't have a viable Raiden without LBCs.

Just keep practicing, if you are doing a lbc off b14 wait until you see the lightning ball out then do the input for run into what ever you are gonna do (214,213, f12b2)

The timing also seems to be more strict in the corner so if you want to still be okay with his corner game which is his main way to win games, try and end your corner combos with b14 lb, this way they are stunned and unless they armor wakeup you get a 5050. Not sure if they can jump out, but I don't think they can if the lb is included in the combos if the b14 hits and the lb doesn't connect and they block it Raiden is at disadvantage so make sure you practice ending the combo with lb

Now if you can get a lbc after this (b14) in the corner you have a true 5050 this is what makes Raiden arguably the best character in the game in the corner

4x4lo8o

Noob
MIDSCREEN

Displacer/Master of Storms

Meterless

f12b2, f12b2, f12b2~superman - 32%

b2, f22+4, f12b2~superman - 33%

f22+4, f12b2, f12b2~superman - 33%

b33~superman - 16%

b34~superman - 17%

214~superman - 20%

34, f22+4, f12b2~superman - 33%
1 Meter

b11~ex-shocker, njp, f22+4, f12b2~superman - 36%

f12b2, f12b2, f12b2~ex-shocker, b14~superman - 41%

b2, f22+4, f12b2~ex-shocker, b14~superman - 42%

f22+4, f12b2, f12b2~ex-shocker, b14~superman - 42%

b33~ex-shocker, njp, f22+4, f12b2~superman - 38%

b34~ex-shocker, njp, f12b2~superman - 29%

214~ex-shocker, njp, f22+4, f12b2~superman - 41%
34, f22+4, f12b2~ex-shocker, b14~superman - 42%
Do a lot of these combos have runs in them that aren't listed in the notation? For example the first one -f12b2, f12b2, f12b2~superman- it looks like you can do f12b2, f12b2 without running in between but the last one clearly isn't in range. Do you run inbetween all three?

Also, this probably isn't quite the right thread but how do the option selects work? I have a vague idea that they involve canceling into shocker on block, but I'm not sure how to execute them.

Vaiist

Noob
Do a lot of these combos have runs in them that aren't listed in the notation? For example the first one -f12b2, f12b2, f12b2~superman- it looks like you can do f12b2, f12b2 without running in between but the last one clearly isn't in range. Do you run inbetween all three?

Also, this probably isn't quite the right thread but how do the option selects work? I have a vague idea that they involve canceling into shocker on block, but I'm not sure how to execute them.
You are correct in that landing 3 consecutive f12b2s will require some running. You'll just have to play with that in order to get the timing right. As for the b2 OS, that's an example of something where you can aggravate people by asking because it's plastered all over these boards and a simple search should take care of it. I'm not hating on you or anything, I'm just giving you a heads up ahead of time because it's a pet peeve for a lot of people when somebody comes on here asking a question without looking to find the answer or doing any research first.

There's an entire thread on this forum if you want to read all the discussion, but to answer your question just watch this video:

4x4lo8o

Noob
You are correct in that landing 3 consecutive f12b2s will require some running. You'll just have to play with that in order to get the timing right. As for the b2 OS, that's an example of something where you can aggravate people by asking because it's plastered all over these boards and a simple search should take care of it. I'm not hating on you or anything, I'm just giving you a heads up ahead of time because it's a pet peeve for a lot of people when somebody comes on here asking a question without looking to find the answer or doing any research first.

There's an entire thread on this forum if you want to read all the discussion, but to answer your question just watch this video:

Meh, people are silly. There's no thread specifically about the OS anywhere on the front page of the Raiden forum, nor is there any guide or obvious thread to look in. It's probably somewhere in this thread or the general discussion thread but it doesn't make sense for me(or other people who here vague claims about it every time Raiden comes up) to dig through dozens of pages consisting of a bunch of out dated info as opposed to just asking. Using the TYM search function for something like "Raiden Option Select" didn't provide me with any clear answers either. They should sticky a thread about it or something, save everybody some aggravation.
Is b2 the only option select? I was under the impression that there was a way to make the low safe(again you always hear about Raiden's safe 50/50's) but I can't figure it out. I'm realizing now though that it's probably a Thunder God thing and the issue is that I'm playing Displacer.

I wish the combos listed where to run - it'd make it easier for casuals like myself and it seems like other characters threads do it that way - but I suppose I'll figure it out. Just wanted to make sure that was the issue and I wasn't trying to figure out mislabeled or normalized combos. Thanks for the help!

Last edited: