What's new

THE OFFICIAL Injustice 2 COMPLAIN/RANT THREAD

I hope they will ever fix the hitbox issue with Harley's B2 on hovering characters.
It's just unnecessary to make the character worse against those and she isn't top tier to begin with.

mangoezzzzz

PSN: Mangoezzzzz
I feel a huge sense of relief and also sadness from reading this thread. I literally made an account to make this post lol. I have an sf4 background and have taken a bit of a break from fighting games until I2. I really liked the first one but couldn't really afford it/didn't have the time to play as much as I wanted so I never got it. When this one came out, I pretty much had to have it and I got the ultimate edition like day 2 after launch.

I have to say before I get to my point though that I love I2 but I feel like that love for this game is going to wane away quickly and make me go back to sf because of all the issues you guys have stated here. I've literally got hundreds of unopened mother boxes (from my guild) that I will never open. Seriously, I just don't have the time to sit and open each one, especially when 90% of the gear I get are for characters I don't play. Also, having the default setting for player matches and koth be gear on is absolutely the biggest oversight I've seen in a game in a verrrrry long time.

But now, here's where I get to my biggest issue with this game. As a past sf player, looking at NRS inputs in general, I figured execution on this game would be more or less a piece of cake. Now, I also recently switched from pad to stick so I thought that my inputs were user error and I had myself convinced that it was the switch that brought these issues on. Switched back to pad, still have a bunch of weird input errors, especially when I'm going for punishes or getting neutral jump instead of other things.

So I said I was relieved because now I know that that possibly my problem is solved by just turning off release check. The sadness stems from the fact that I think like 8/9 people on this thread have said it doesn't do anything. The input problems really make this game a lot less fun for me and I guess I'll just have to learn to deal with it. I want to site godlike players like sonicfox and foreverking etc as reasons for me to keep playing and to just work on my execution instead of excuses but man this makes this game blow hard.

Also, best of 1s in ranked also blows really blows. An option for a ft 3 or 5 is an extremely quick and easy fix.

Almost all of these could be fixed so quickly. Like, for boxes, I'm not sure if you guys caught this but one of the loading screens says the boxes are already determined once obtained, holding onto them does not change their contents....if we have them and the contents wont change, why is there not an open all feature? seriously wtf. The gear problem can be fixed with a non geared mode or make no gear the default, this also in my opinion seems like an extremely quick fix. Also, if that guy or anyone else tells me to go practice in ranked, then go practice sky diving without an instructor you moron.

The biggest issue for me is the crap that comes out when I know I put in an input correctly. That, I don't know how to fix. I don't have an IT or game design background but that also seems to be a pretty major oversight but at the same time I really don't understand how it works so I don't know how fixable it is so even though its a problem, I'll keep the complaints to a minimum. All the same, its annoying enough for me to definitely want to switch to sf 5.

TLDR - I love this game for now, Ive wanted to get into NRS games for awhile. Most of the big issues this game has could probably be fixed over night. My biggest problem is the crappy inputs but that doesn't look like its getting fixed any time soon. Not a knock at NRS games or saying SF is better (if the inputs worked I'd play I2 hands down) but if it continues like this, I'll probably switch back. I paid $99 (over that with tax) for a game that honestly sometimes feels half done when it come down to it.

Taney

Noob
Release check is off and I'm still having SO MANY inout errors. I don't know what it is, but it's not nearly as smooth as Injustice 1
Plus one thousand can someone make a thread about this please. I would but this game is getting dropped like a sack of sht when tekken releases.

bishbash

Magic as easy as 1 2 standing3
I hope they will ever fix the hitbox issue with Harley's B2 on hovering characters.
It's just unnecessary to make the character worse against those and she isn't top tier to begin with.

Harley is better than you think in this game, certainly better than in inj1 since wake up aren't so strong here. She counterzones a lot of the cast pretty well and has some of the highest meterless damage in game meaning she can always burn meter on pushblocks and combo escapes, the range of her b2 is also pretty obscene this time around- seems like it hits even further than it did before inj1 patches.

Her b2 whiffing on floating characters is nothing new that also happened in inj1 so will likely remain the same here

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
Biggest complaint I've seen is this gear. I literally just got the game, can someone explain it?
Stats like in the SC series.
Some items even give or replace some of your special moves.
Both above are not allowed in Tournaments or in Competitive /Tournament mode Online (there is even option for offline sessions and training mode to put gear off).
You can still use the ''Gear as a costume / skin '' in any mode.

@Topic / OP
I don't like how the dominating characters atm need nearly zero execution and i hate the cross up setups that are guarantied and that the defending person needs to flip a coin.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Just me, or does it feel like they decided to put Joker in late in the development process or something?

Dude should have the best lines in the game, but 2/3rds of his intro and clash quotes are generic exchanges awkwardly stitched together to form a back-and-forth. Especially weird when it shows up fighting Bats, Supes, Robin, Harley, and such. He has some special lines just for those characters, but not as many as you'd hope.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
Just me, or does it feel like they decided to put Joker in late in the development process or something?

Dude should have the best lines in the game, but 2/3rds of his intro and clash quotes are generic exchanges awkwardly stitched together to form a back-and-forth. Especially weird when it shows up fighting Bats, Supes, Robin, Harley, and such. He has some special lines just for those characters, but not as many as you'd hope.
I think it has to do with him being in the game just to be in the game. He's the only character that has nothing to do with story mode.

Vini_Strife

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
I hope they fix the Buffing input problem, female hurtboxes and nerf the OP characters... sometimes i feel i'm playing IGAU HD Remaster

This. Joker is just in the game because lol sooeside skwad was a moovee.

Actually, yeah, that would be another complaint for me. Joker seems way too tryhard and cringe inducing amounts of edgy. Just like Jared Leto's take on The Joker.

TO THE GOD DAMN LEGACY IGAU CHARS:
wait until this guy here come to the game, he will kick your god damn igau asses !!!!!!!!!!!!

#subzerotime

:DOGE

Last edited:

Sasuga

Noob
The thing I hate the most is the input system. And then the fact that when you hold down for too long you lose the buffer. In every other game, you can sit for hours then roll forward/backward + button for a special, as a punish for example. In NRS games, you have to input the D again. What baffles me most is that I've never heard anyone else complain about this and I've noticed it since MK9.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Gear moves being tied to the gear system is garbage and just a bad idea.

Also Aquaman is a bag of dicks.

The thing I hate the most is the input system. And then the fact that when you hold down for too long you lose the buffer. In every other game, you can sit for hours then roll forward/backward + button for a special, as a punish for example. In NRS games, you have to input the D again. What baffles me most is that I've never heard anyone else complain about this and I've noticed it since MK9.
the problem with mk9 was negative edge. now you can turn it off.

Sasuga

Noob
Ok, actually, here's a legit complaint:

I really don't like how NRS seems to have set up the competitive mode system with the gear, and think it needs to be patched ASAP. Having this be done on a match by match basis where both players have to agree to it is incredibly lame IMO.

This option should be picked *before* you're matched up. Not after.
Completely agree. For all I care they can ditch the stats and abilities. People can argue that casuals like it but no one likes it when they get beaten by someone at a higher level, with better gear. And no, the guy with the better gear does not want to play competitive mode, duh... XD

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
I've been playing fighting games for more than a decade (3rd strike, IV, MvC2, SC, Tekken, GG, BB, MK9, IJ1, Skullgirls, you name it) and have tried different game engines / execution styles for a long time. I would say I have above average execution. The complaints about unintentional inputs coming out in this game are based in fact. It isn't just you, it isn't just me, it's happening to everyone and it sucks.

The one thing I learned recently that has helped tons though, especially if you're coming from Capcom / non-NRS fighting games, is to stop holding down+back to block. You can block low and mid attacks by simply holding down, and if you go for a punish from down you are less likely to get a weird input. Blocking with down, as well as turning off the first 3 controller options (negative edge, input shortcut, alternate controls), is the best way to go about it. Blocking with down is counter-intuitive for stick users but it does make a difference.

I've watched plenty of good players in IJ2 use pad or stick (e.g.: Combo Breaker top 48) and they've had no random special moves or inputs come out from what I could tell. So it IS possible to play clean, it probably just requires a different perspective and some tweaks in our muscle memory.

Completely agree. For all I care they can ditch the stats and abilities. People can argue that casuals like it but no one likes it when they get beaten by someone at a higher level, with better gear. And no, the guy with the better gear does not want to play competitive mode, duh... XD
Exactly! Personally i see setting things up my way as a win win for the online scene. Segregates the casuals and the hardcore in an intuitive self selecting way that satisfies both groups.

Love the game overall but a few complaints.

As others have said inputs are kinda muddy, doesnt feel as smooth as MKX or MK9 imo. (inj1 had the same issue)

While i personally dont mind the zoning in this game (except deadshot hes definitely got too much) its definitely been killing the hype for casuals which isnt good.

Also meterburn roll needs a buff for sure, shouldve just kept the run mechanic but made it cost meter imo.

And while i avoid casual matches because of gear i agree with others that competitive mode should be on by defualt.

Stats are idiotic, would love to see them go but keep gear moves, set bonuses and most gear augments in casual mode.

Why the hell is the timing to jail jump ins so small and feels so shitty? It feels like you're mashing when you are actually jailing the jump in. Its already hard enough to get in for that jump in why make it even harder to get the jail as well?
Oh my lord i thought this was just a me problem!! Ive completely given up on trying to use anything other than strings that start with 1 after landing a jump in cuz i literally have to mash 2 to get other strings to come out.

I want to use 22 sometimes with firestorm after a jumpin cuz its a solid mid but 90% of the time i just get a standing 2 OR i mash the input so hard that i cant cancel into a special if 22 hits cuz i had to mash 2 like six times to get it to work. So annoying.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Probably the biggest issue plaguing this game is the input issue. :qtr should not equal :r. This is a big fucking problem.

I tested on 3 of my controllers (2 DS4, and my Hori Fight Pad) and noticed the same thing...If I hold :d on the pad and just roll my finger ever so slightly to the right or left, I get a corner input. That means I also get a :l or :r input which makes REALLY DUMB SHIT happen.

I really hate seeing moves I didnt want come out, and moves I did want not come out. Come the fuck on...

Last edited: