What's new

The official buffs/nerfs discussion thread.

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
To make this really simple, post (1) your main character, (2) who you think needs a buff, and (3) who you think needs a nerf. After, if you wish, post (4) your explanation for your buff/nerf choices.

I'm really curious to see what the general consensus is, assuming there is one. However, if the only character you want buffed is your main character, please slap yourself in the back of the head.

MAIN: Sub-Zero
BUFF: Baraka, Sheeva
NERF: None
EXPLANATION: Buff the characters that aren't seeing enough online or tournament play to allow everyone a greater variety of opponents, but keep it on the conservative side. I don't want to see Quan/Jax/Stryker get a buff simply because they aren't S-tier.

Eight

I am the salt
Main: Sizzub Zizzero

Buff: Everyone I play

Nerf: Everyone I don't

Explanation: Sometimes I don't feel like trying.

Subby

Frost Warrior
Main: Sub-Zero
Buff:Stryker
Nerf:Kung-Lao
Explanation: Kung-Lao has alot of tools at his disposal and I would like it to just tone something down. At this point, he's just too good at everything, with his disadvantages being kind of slim compared to what he has. For Stryker......well, its Stryker. I feel that he needs a ovverhaul on what he has. Anything he can do someone else can do better or completely bypass.

I also feel that once this last patch hits, I want it to stop for awhile. Give us a couple of months before another patch hits so we can get all the data we need for all the characters down to the science.

TrickyNick

Weather Man
:deadhorse:

Main: No Idea anymore
Buff: Baraka
Nerf: None I guess...except for the obvious Cyrax situation

Baraka EX blade charge go full screen is all. No reason it shouldn't if cage and nightwolf can. Only reason I say cyrax is I want the option to tech roll which I beleive is being addressed

about all i can think to say right now

Main: who ever is the best
Buff: every character I like
Nerf: every douche I don't like
Explanation: no explanation I'm a scrub and I'll leave you a voice message if I lose b^tch

Kombo

Noob
Main: Sub Zero on/off
Buff: No one
Nerf:No one
Explanation I've said this in another thread but since we are beating a dead horse here I'll say it again. Every fighting game has its OP characters just deal with it and learn the matchups. No one needs a buff because every character is really good its just some are a little easier to use. Nobody in this game is unbeatable and we are all not top level players.

SpyderJ

Noob
Main: Scorpion / Sub Zero
Buff: No one
Nerf: Kung-lao's low hat string, Cyrax's resets and damage scaling.
Explanation - Nobody realy comes to mind that is SO utterly useless that they cant get anywhere. Kung Lao's low hat mixup is just kinda bs for some characters that have difficulty punishing it on block. And.... well no reasoning is needed for cyrax, a 100% combo is bs no matter how you look at it.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Main: Reptile
Buff: Sindel, Baraka, Quan Chi
Nerf: Kung Lao, Cyrax, Skarlet, Raiden
Explanation: Buff those 3 just so that their ability to compete is just a smidge better. Don't overnerf the 3 mentioned...Kung Lao just needs a few things that are absolutely stupid good that he doesn't need gone, Raiden is hard to adjust mainly because it's his design that's just extremely good. Skarlet is not the best, but her matchups are really ridiculous. Oftentimes, if she's at advantage, it's really serious. Just make it so that her winning matchups aren't absolute blowouts 95% of the time. Cyrax...just get rid of the damage. He can nearly ToD you, basically, and he's just way too good to have that capability.

REO

Undead
Main: Kung Lao (Costume 1 Alternate Color only)
Buff: Kung Lao
Nerf: Sindel, Kitana, Kabal, Mileena
Explanation: Kung Lao struggles against characters who chuck air projectiles all day, super armor on enhanced dive kick would greatly aid him in this conflict. Right now, it's not fair that the four mentioned characters in nerf can stack up on breakers via projectile spamming and then break when I finally get in, causing me to repeat the entire process again. Sindel, Kitana, Kabal, and Mileena need more recovery frames on their air projectiles because right now they're too fast.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Main: Kenshi
Buff: Kenshi, Freddy Kruger
Nerf: Sheeva
Explanation: This is just common sense, NRS fucked up here. Kenshi is blind, so how can he possibly see? Freddy doesn't have enough options and is easily locked down, no spammable brainless tracking moves and his combos are WAY too advanced! And Sheeva? Why isn't she used more often? She has 4 ARMS! She's a cheating bitch, you can't beat somebody w/more arms than you, it's impossible!

TrickyNick

Weather Man
Explanation: This is just common sense, NRS fucked up here. Kenshi is blind, so how can he possibly see? Freddy doesn't have enough options and is easily locked down, no spammable brainless tracking moves and his combos are WAY too advanced! And Sheeva? Why isn't she used more often? She has 4 ARMS! She's a cheating bitch, you can't beat somebody w/more arms than you, it's impossible!
what about stryker? he has a gun should be nerfed as well.

D. R.

Noob
Main: Noob
Buff: Noob and Saibot
Nerf: Your mother. She's a whore
Explaination: Noob has a "shadow" clone that fights for him. A clone people. That alone should result in two, if not more life bars. And both characters should fight on screen at the same time, creating unblockable mid/low traps. Win. Also, if one is getting attacked, the other can come in and get a free combo on the opponent. Winning. And instead of Saibot running in to do a garbageass tackle, he should run in with a combo ala MKT while Noob does free chip or disabler spam. Duh, WINNING! Ah yes, this is SOOOOOOOOO needed!

Reedoms

Noob
Explaination: Noob has a "shadow" clone that fights for him. A clone people. That alone should result in two, if not more life bars. And both characters should fight on screen at the same time, creating unblockable mid/low traps. Win. Also, if one is getting attacked, the other can come in and get a free combo on the opponent. Winning. And instead of Saibot running in to do a garbageass tackle, he should run in with a combo ala MKT while Noob does free chip or disabler spam. Duh, WINNING! Ah yes, this is SOOOOOOOOO needed!
Joking aside I would like to see that shadow throw from MKT.
Would make some juggling a little more accessible.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Explanation: Kung Lao struggles against characters who chuck air projectiles all day, super armor on enhanced dive kick would greatly aid him in this conflict. Right now, it's not fair that the four mentioned characters in nerf can stack up on breakers via projectile spamming and then break when I finally get in, causing me to repeat the entire process again. Sindel, Kitana, Kabal, and Mileena need more recovery frames on their air projectiles because right now they're too fast.
i know your trolling and stuff, but this isnt the first time you mention sindel and her fireballs againist Kung lao.. her fireballs go at a diagonal direction meaning Kung Lao has nothing to worry about vs sindel due to his teleport going up instead of down.. now the other 3, their fireballs go straight across the screen which gives him problems..

Dark_Rob

Noob
what about stryker? he has a gun should be nerfed as well.
Keep practicing guys, someday you might be as good at trolling as REO. These are all good starts though lol

Hitoshura

Head Cage
XD and he should have an alternate where he dresses like a beyblade character and when he does his ex hat spin he screams...LET IT RIP!!!

Buff: Noob, Sindel, Stryker
Nerf: Cyrax, Reptile, Raiden, Sub-Zero
Explination:
Noob: Noob needs better normal so he can handle characters tht pressure. His d+1 is 8 frames and ur forced to use d+3 as a poke to escape pressure which is fine but against kabal can be slow at points. Noobs d+1 should be 6 frames. fix the hit box on noobs teleport so he doesnt get frozen when his feet are about to leave the screen where the HUD is located. Also fix the green shadow glitch thing b/c its still in the game and causes a lot of ruin combos midscreen.

Sindel: listen to Dan Cock

Stryker: Make his preset combos special cancelable so he has a lot more combo options besides his 1 bnb. Make the hitbox on his x ray better. Also i think its stupid tht u can duck on all his zoning....u guys gotta fix that. Also his ex roll should avoid projectiles...dnt give it armor just make it go through projectiles but can be stop with normal moves. (all this stryker info is all coming from a friend...im just typing so idk much about him but this sound legit)

Cyrax: Resets should never be guaranteed. Cyber subs bombs dnt reset damage why should cyraxs.

Raiden: Ive been told vascinity blast is plus 15 on block. idk if this is true but if it is....then WTF!

Reptile: Both reptile and Kabal have command dashes. If kabals dash is block he gets into an animation where he looses balance for a little bit. Reptile should have this if his dash is blocked.

Sub-Zero: That 51% swagger guaranteed reset needs to go and dn't give him super armor on ex slide. guy has 4 bad matchups or somthing small like tht. If he has a hard time against scarlet thts 1 rlly shitty matchup. Sub players will just have 2 deal.

P.s.: What also needs to be changed is Start up on block. idc if its 1 frame block should never have startup...or even recovery for tht matter...thts just dumb. Keep mileenas d+4 b/c tbh ok u can't jump in and combo just deal. Look @ all fighters who have characters w/ smaller hit boxes they adjust. You can jump kick mileens out of d+4 anyway. Keep subs d+4 the way it is 2. Maxter showed me what it can do and its not tht bad. its great for sub getting in.

*EDIT*
If you guys are gonna nerf kitanna its either get rid of damage keep d+1 or get rid of d+1 keep damage. Don't nerf her to death. her d+1 may have great range but its like her only way to get out of pressure is it not?

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Main: Kano, Smoke, Nightwolf
Buff: Kano, Sub-zero, Smoke, Baraka, Jax, kabal
Nerf: Kabal, Cyrax, Raiden, Kano, Jax, baraka
-Kano: Shitty boring combos, shitty damage. It makes no sense considering he has all the tools to make him a master. Id rather have them take out his zoning if they had too considering there are too many of them. His XRAY should not be 41% and same with jax. They should trade with sheeva since that makes way more since.
-Jax: Only has mostly situational combo syndrome, make his f4,1,3 a true launcher
-Sub: Sub zero can do alot of combo variation yet the damage scaling prevents him from being his true potential. He's a fortress and should have the damage of one. And slide needs to go under projectiles.
-Smoke: Make his EX move towards a 3 hitter, allow some kinda pressure instead of pure mind games, its not needed though i just wish
-Baraka:Need his 1 starting stings to be faster so he can deal with pressure upclose. And his damage with XRAY is nuts.
-Kabal:His projectile advantage is nuts, but his scaling is kinda bleh
-Raiden:Give him tele cooldown
-Cyrax:LOL

i dont expect shit though

Main: Kano, Smoke, Nightwolf
Buff: Kano, Sub-zero, Smoke, Baraka, Jax, kabal
Nerf: Kabal, Cyrax, Raiden, Kano, Jax, baraka
-Kano: Shitty boring combos, shitty damage. It makes no sense considering he has all the tools to make him a master. Id rather have them take out his zoning if they had too considering there are too many of them. His XRAY should not be 41% and same with jax. They should trade with sheeva since that makes way more since.
-Jax: Only has mostly situational combo syndrome, make his f4,1,3 a true launcher
-Sub: Sub zero can do alot of combo variation yet the damage scaling prevents him from being his true potential. He's a fortress and should have the damage of one. And slide needs to go under projectiles.
-Smoke: Make his EX move towards a 3 hitter, allow some kinda pressure instead of pure mind games, its not needed though i just wish
-Baraka:Need his 1 starting stings to be faster so he can deal with pressure upclose. And his damage with XRAY is nuts.
-Kabal:His projectile advantage is nuts, but his scaling is kinda bleh
-Raiden:Give him tele cooldown
-Cyrax:LOL

i dont expect shit though
YES, KANO'S X-RAY SHOULD NOT BE 41%. IT SHOULD BE 50% INSTEAD. KANO AND JAX HAVE SUCH HIGH X-RAY DAMAGES BECAUSE:

1) CANNOT BE DONE IN A COMBO
2) EASILY AVOIDABLE
3) THESE TWO CHARACTERS LACK A TELEPORT
4) THEY BOTH LACK HIGH DAMAGING COMBOS COMPARED TO THE REST OF THE CAST (THOUGH YOU CAN GET HIGH DAMAGE COMBOS WITH THESE TWO; IT'S FAR MORE DIFFICULT THAN THE OTHER ROSTER [IN OTHER WORDS])​

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Main: Jax
Buff: Sheeva, Stryker, Quan Chi, and Jax
Nerf: KL, Freddy, Skarlet, and Cryax

Explanation: I'll break it down like this.

Buffs

-Jax

He just needs a solid damage buff and they need to make his ground pound faster or anyway to get a solid midscreen combo. Also moves ways into xray would be nice too.

-Sheeva

Basically make all her moves faster.

-Stryker

Give him a way to get in and make some of his normals safe on block.

-Quan Chi

Something that doesn't make him suck.

Nerf

-KL

What the other guys said about him.

-Freddy

Just fix his damage that's all.

-Skarlet

Just fix her back throw that's all.

- Cryax

Nerf his damage. We don't want Cryax 9. We want MORTAL kombat 9.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM

YES, KANO'S X-RAY SHOULD NOT BE 41%. IT SHOULD BE 50% INSTEAD. KANO AND JAX HAVE SUCH HIGH X-RAY DAMAGES BECAUSE:

1) CANNOT BE DONE IN A COMBO
2) EASILY AVOIDABLE
3) THESE TWO CHARACTERS LACK A TELEPORT
4) THEY BOTH LACK HIGH DAMAGING COMBOS COMPARED TO THE REST OF THE CAST (THOUGH YOU CAN GET HIGH DAMAGE COMBOS WITH THESE TWO; IT'S FAR MORE DIFFICULT THAN THE OTHER ROSTER [IN OTHER WORDS])​
-Even though i said they should trade with sheeva which is 33%, and its irrelevant it cant be done in a combo which is another reason they should have better combos
-Who cares about teleport, they arent a saving mechanic
-Its nearly impossible to get high damage with them which makes no sense

EX kano kombo:
b1,1,2-2,1,2-4+EX Knife-2,1,2-jumpKick+Exball: 44%

not broken

bigmiracle

Praise Sheeva
Main: Sheeva
Buff: Sheeva, Sindel, Quan Chi, Stryker, Jax
Nerf: Kung Lao

Nerf KL's options, he is too versatile a character imo.

Sheeva needs faster normals, dash cancel from ground stomp would be nice, armor on ex telestomp would be good also. Anti air grab needs to come out faster, it ain't grabbing nothing but air atm. EX grab could grab crossups for a nice buff.

People have better ideas about how to buff the other lower tiers, just thought i'd add two cents to the pot.