What's new

Video/Tutorial The Nightwing Corner Vortex/Setup by Sajam

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
So after accidentally doing an u3 after escrima fury in the corner, I found out about this setup. I haven't seen any of these setups posted anywhere, and it's become my go to setup in the corner. I cover a bunch of mixups with it, and ways to deal with opponents rolling out. NW's corner game is already really strong, and I think this will become a decently important part of it.

Once you understand the timing on different setups, you have the ability to do anything you want. I didn't show off things like double stance cancel, d1 stance cancel, f3 then neutral jump, etc. The amount of situations you can create are almost limitless, and each one ends up in a 50/50 that can be tweaked into having more mixups, depending on your use of mb flipkick/strings into it.

NightwingDayZero
Cosmic_Castaway
Chongo
TakeAChance
prycemonsta
GuamoKun
TheBoyBlunder

Sorry if I left out anybody, I'll tag you in the OP if you want. We need an updated list of NW players anyway.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Imma have to try this out Sajam have u tried b2 d2 u3? Obviously u wouldnt get any damage from d2 scaling, but it would set up the vortex, saying it does work. Funny thing is I have a similar set up off of u3 (using b3 j2 u3) midscreen. This gives me ideas for more options tho. Brilliant concept and awesome set up, definitely getting stolen lmao.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Holy damn. Hopefully this will get front-paged as opposed to Boon or CDJr's latest tweet.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Imma have to try this out Sajam have u tried b2 d2 u3? Obviously u wouldnt get any damage from d2 scaling, but it would set up the vortex, saying it does work. Funny thing is I have a similar set up off of u3 (using b3 j2 u3) midscreen. This gives me ideas for more options tho. Brilliant concept and awesome set up, definitely getting stolen lmao.
Yup, I've tried d2. I've even tried d2 into mb escrima fury, but no luck. You just can't get your opponent high enough to make it work.

EMPEROR PRYCE

That sucks balls. I'll try and figure out some more options for this u3 midscreen set up I got. I'll make a cheap phone video lol, maybe I can figure out somethin similar to this. this set up just blows my mind tho -_- good shit lol

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
You lab monsters are keeping me alive.

I'm so inexperienced, I'm focusing so much on getting better at making reads and playing footsies that I truly neglect trying to uncover new things in training mode. I can't thank you all enough for putting the time in. This stuff is priceless.

AssassiN

Noob
Maybe I do not fully understand how this works, but I don't think this tech is that crazy.
Guess I need to hit the lab and try it out.

XxM3LLOxX

CORN WulfGangM3LLO
Lovely post Sajam. I tried to work with this the first month of the game but I didn't have that much knowledge about what all I could do, so I jus dropped the idea. Glad to see of all Nightwings, you to bring it back to light and show the potential behind it. Good stuff man

EMPEROR PRYCE

Sajam b2 canceled directly into escrima fury works. But that's too much of a risk to take for me lol. anyway i got a lot more set ups for my midscreen u3 shenanigans. I think ull be genuinely impressed when I post the video up.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Sajam b2 canceled directly into escrima fury works. But that's too much of a risk to take for me lol. anyway i got a lot more set ups for my midscreen u3 shenanigans. I think ull be genuinely impressed when I post the video up.
It works, but it usually leaves you same side with the splat instead of crossup, which isn't really worth the risk of raw b2 into escrima fury.

Maybe I do not fully understand how this works, but I don't think this tech is that crazy.
Guess I need to hit the lab and try it out.
Well I appreciate your enthusiasm :D

ruff321

Noob
You left me out :(

Ugh I'm really bad at keeping track at this stuff so I made a list for anyone who want to pick their same side/cross up setups

After u3...

Cross up
----------
whiff d12 nj 2
stance switch nj 2
x2 nj

Same side
----------
whiff d12 delay nj 2
u3 nj
whiff d12 backdash nj
u3d3
nj forward dash

Throw mix up
---------
22 throw

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Who makes lists? You just have to man up and freestyle a setup on the spot!

I'll edit the list into the OP when I'm on my computer ;D

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Nice composition, Sajam. I think the Nightwing players will be very thankful to see this, so let's make that part easier with...I dunno...a front-page promotion? ;)

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
On large hitbox characters After the u3 do d1 then j3 (the d1 is for timing) and it results in a meaty attack similar to grundy's.

On regular hitbox characters do d12 and it results in the same extremely meaty attack.

#TakeAChanceNeverForgets