What's new

Discussion The Next Big Thing NRS Needs to add to their games?

E

Eldriken

90% of my time in MKX is spent on Ranked.
Same. I sometimes get fortunate enough to come across someone I know from here but haven't added and end up playing a set with them.

I've also met some other folks consistently play against when they're on. Despite all this, however, I still spend the majority of my time in ranked.

It wouldn't really be for the casual fan base but maybe having an option like tekken tag 2 has where you change from one color to another signifying how long it takes you to go back to blocking after performing a move, string, etc. In tekken tag practice mode you would be red when performing a string and as soon as you were able to block again, you would turn green. Just a tool to get further into detail about when you're safe or can be punished. It would also solve the problem of frame data being presented wrong because now you would have a precise visual reference.

Is ranked match that popular? I think I've played 9 ranked matches in my entire life. Sitting there playing one-and-dones over and over never seemed appealing to me.
I think that is part of my point though.. Ranked needs to be made into a viable format people WANT to play.

I think Street Fighter 5 has the right thing going. In that game you play, and you can challenge the same guy again and again if you enjoy playing with him. Also the ranking system / player pool is good enough that you actually meet people your level a lot rather than scrubs you just auto win as they do not know what a block button is. I think the tier rank system is key for why this works so well in that game for some reason.

KI uses a FT2 system and this small change of playing a best of 3 set in ranked makes the entire mode a MILLION times more interesting and fun.

I think people do not play ranked as it is 1v1 and the Matching system sucks.. not because people do not like playing lots of opponents and leveling up on a ladder.

Last edited:
Take Grundy for example. Doomsday can 3,3 through his Walking Corpse all day unless he cancels it. For whatever reason, 3,3 makes Doomsday immune to command grabs and such.
You could make a massive list of all the completely broken craziness in IGAU1. I would be utterly shocked if we see things like unblockable intractables and this grab problem ever again..

I mean some people have problems with MKx, I completely respect that. I really like the game and I think even with its problems represents a huge step forward form NRS.... I am very keen to see how IGAU2 comes out. Seams NRS just get better every time, or at least fixing things as quickly as they make new errors : )

.. but I get the real feeling of progression form NRS. I think now that the rollback networking is "in", it is time to work on the actual player experience online, not just the functionality of getting to to work at all.

Last edited:

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
Cross platform and world-wide (stable) play would be the next big technical steps for NRS games. A more advanced MMR system that analyzes more than win:lose ratio would be nice but I think relatively unlikely. It could analyze how well you're doing (number of rounds won, health at end of rounds, percentage of successfully blocked attacks, etc) with people within your MMR and judge that for elevating or lowering you.

Personally I'd like to see training mode expanded even further but that's another post.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
1. Block infinites (super plus moves aren't enough)
2. Jailing cancels even when the cancels are dropped
3. 33/33/33's
4. Everything should be grab immune unless you're standing perfectly still
5. All guest characters for DLC
6. 5 Variations instead to increase the counterpicking
7. All incorrect frame data

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
I would love to see some really fleshed out high quality matchmaking. It would really make for a better viewing experience for both Youtube and Twitch if it matched good records against each other, or if they even scrapped W/L and went for a point system like every other game.

It's getting quite frustrating from a content creator point of view. I really don't want to sound elitist in any way, everyone plays to improve and people can't help it if they're new or are just trying to get better. But with my current schedule, I just don't have the time to sit and cherry pick really good matches, which tbh, I really don't want to do anyway. I dislike cherry picking games because it suggests people only upload matches they win.

We were told that PS4 was leaps and bounds ahead of every other system when it comes to games, but I don't notice a difference at all really. Ranked is still ranked. You just find people faster.
Ketchup, im subscribed to your channel and i watch all the time. Personally i enjoy the rank matchs but i understand why some people might not like it. May i suggest you do subscriber match's maybe? Or set some matchs up with some of the pro players in europe?

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Ketchup, im subscribed to your channel and i watch all the time. Personally i enjoy the rank matchs but i understand why some people might not like it. May i suggest you do subscriber match's maybe? Or set some matchs up with some of the pro players in europe?
This is the one major thing I think is being overlooked with our content:

I work a full time job in Esports and am in most evenings this month working on broadcasts. I don't have time to cherry pick great sets in lobbies or organize matches with Pro Players when I get home. I have to rely on Ranked giving me good games, which doesn't always happen as everyone knows by now. I don't wanna seem like I'm throwing anything in anybodies face, it's just the situation currently.

still waiting for the mkda stance switches to return. but the stances should be like variations in mkx, not a new set of normals. and it should be slower so you cant cycle through like stupid. more like in injustice.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
This is the one major thing I think is being overlooked with our content:

I work a full time job in Esports and am in most evenings this month working on broadcasts. I don't have time to cherry pick great sets in lobbies or organize matches with Pro Players when I get home. I have to rely on Ranked giving me good games, which doesn't always happen as everyone knows by now. I don't wanna seem like I'm throwing anything in anybodies face, it's just the situation currently.
As long as I get to enjoy your content and it doesnt inconvenience you, you make any kind of videos you want m8, keep up the good work wherever you go.

Besides the fact that hackers in fighting games are as rare as the X-men, you don't remove a feature from an entire group of players because of a few jackasses.
people allways find ways to screw you all over, modding a hotkey to perform a full combo is an example, first it was CS 1.3 to 1.6, those damn wallers, then it was warcraft with modded map hack and unid hack, then it was carlos duty hackers, so I just gave up on pc games, too many scrubs. And its way harder to do on console, besides titan one or cronus max.

people allways find ways to screw you all over, modding a hotkey to perform a full combo is an example, first it was CS 1.3 to 1.6, those damn wallers, then it was warcraft with modded map hack and unid hack, then it was carlos duty hackers, so I just gave up on pc games, too many scrubs. And its way harder to do on console, besides titan one or cronus max.
So basically you assign a FULL combo to a button and press and it you get an entire combo if it lands? How does that work?

So basically you assign a FULL combo to a button and press and it you get an entire combo if it lands? How does that work?
Adding the moves to a executable.doc into a titan one or cronus max, and binding a key to that combo, Iv seen a friend doing it back in mk9 when he was testing it on hes pc. I didnt dig too much into it because I'm not into hacking or cheating. But I saw a full Kenshi combo comming out of 1 button.

Rizz091

Noob
Adding the moves to a executable.doc into a titan one or cronus max, and binding a key to that combo, Iv seen a friend doing it back in mk9 when he was testing it on hes pc. I didnt dig too much into it because I'm not into hacking or cheating. But I saw a full Kenshi combo comming out of 1 button.
Not really a good way to "cheat" as it doesn't allow you to do anything outside the confines of the game, and complete destroys your ability to hit confirm. I doubt anyone would be using this, and even if they did, it wouldn't actually help them in any meaningful way.

Not really a good way to "cheat" as it doesn't allow you to do anything outside the confines of the game, and complete destroys your ability to hit confirm. I doubt anyone would be using this, and even if they did, it wouldn't actually help them in any meaningful way.
No combo drops. That's it.