What's new

The new "terrible" Black Adam

Is Black Adam still good / viable?

• Total voters

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
its funny because when i saw his patch notes i said it wasnt THAT bad and he got a couple buffs in there, but im just a downplayer....

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Reo is so on point with this thread. Now that he's bad, I guess I'll pick him up now. Here's to overcoming many bad mu's.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Didnt 'rico suave' say he was quiting the game because of the patch? What a cry baby.

Rico suave is part of those guys that was saying "NRS kommunity is only crybabies, BA is strong but not OP, just deal with it" and when he heard about the patch nerf he said he will quit the game, but obviously he will only quit BA instead of dealing with it.

Irony, irony.

Now I'm happy that Rico is 100% a NRS kommunity member ! :D

zaf

professor
Didnt 'rico suave' say he was quiting the game because of the patch? What a cry baby.
Rico suave is part of those guys that was saying "NRS kommunity is only crybabies, BA is strong but not OP, just deal with it" and when he heard about the patch nerf he said he will quit the game, but obviously he will only quit BA instead of dealing with it.

Irony, irony.

Now I'm happy that Rico is 100% a NRS kommunity member ! :D

Rico is still playing the game.
He is still using Black Adam.
He just won the break Tonight using Black adam.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
i thought black adam was nerfed too hard? this has been said in a article on front page

So just imagin how good he was before x) Also, you gotta take in consideration that the other top 5 char has been nerfed too for the most part.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
So I went to check out the new terrible and butchered into pieces Black Adam.

- His new "useless" regular dive kick still can't be punished by certain characters (Ares, Killer Frost, etc.) but it's useless so don't use it.
- His backdash is still one of the better ones in the game.
- His trait is still retarded. (extra damage for throw breaking / throwing, enough advantage to set up ambiguous cross-up dive kicks on BLOCK, the ultimate "GG" ender, etc.)
- His forward dash got nerfed? Sorry, I don't notice it. I guess that's just a flaw of being human.
- Low lightning is still a non-projectile, tracking, no travel time, 2.25% chip inflicting, knockdown granting, safer (than most projectiles / moves of it's kind) special attack.
- Meter burn lightning is still dumb.
- He can now end combos with b+2,3,u~2 and get ambiguous dive kick cross-up attempt on knockdown (lol he got a buff)
- He gets nearly double the damage off regular black magic up close now that he can b+3 off of it (lol he got another buff)

My heart goes out to you poor Black Adam players. Now all some of you need is a good string launcher that is advantage, mobility, damage, great wake-up, 6f d+1, counter-zoning tools, great jumping 2..... Wait, let me stop because:

Who in the hell aside from dave and myleswright have you seen lose their shit about the Black Adam normalizations and call him shit? Go somewhere else with your infectious and garbage threads. I've been saying he will still be top tier since patch notes were released Mr. He is high mid now, and everyone else has said he is fine. Btw KF has been able to punosh dove kick since before the patch so you might want to work a little harder in training mode.

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
"I feel sorry for BA community"
"I feel sorry for BA comuminty too"
"Did BA deserve what Scorpion got?"

rolf

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Stop...he is top 5 by design.
not anymore considering he now has bad matchups.

his design was fucked with when he lost the massive space control he had via frametraps, most notably his entire runaway game which was butchered and his free ex divekick check on dashes after mb lightning

every single matchup in which you had to go in was always either even or losing, imagine it now.

he probably loses to

GL
DD
WW
MMH
Flash

All of them post patch will be 6 4 in time. The top 5 have up to 1-2 bad matchups commonly.