Awesomo
Brownie
GuamoKun
FOREVER KING
J360
Maxter
Showtime
HGTV Soapboxfan

The reason I tagged all of you is because I know all of you play or have played cage before or may also have played kano. My question for you is HOW IN THE BLUE HELL IS CAGE VS KANO A 5-5 MATCH UP??
6-4 cage, upball is punished by f3 whether i block or take the hit, either situation is bad. However Keeping him at a good distance to whiff punish is key when fighting cage. Its definitely in cages favor but its not to say that a good kano cant beat a good cage. I personally beat alot of cages with kano but then again thats online. OFFLINE ive only played a few and have never really had too many issues. A good cage will give me problems once he gets in but kano has great tools to keep him where he wants him. Its only 6-4 because of f3 and the rest of cage pressure can snuff out up ball before it even happens.

Knives are great against cage as well.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
6-4 cage, upball is punished by f3 whether i block or take the hit, either situation is bad. However Keeping him at a good distance to whiff punish is key when fighting cage. Its definitely in cages favor but its not to say that a good kano cant beat a good cage. I personally beat alot of cages with kano but then again thats online. OFFLINE ive only played a few and have never really had too many issues. A good cage will give me problems once he gets in but kano has great tools to keep him where he wants him. Its only 6-4 because of f3 and the rest of cage pressure can snuff out up ball before it even happens.

I think wonder chef said you could d1 upball out, not sure if you would have the same problem though.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin

Any footage of your Kano bruh? Also, good stuff repping CSZ @ Operation Wolf, you made that piece of tin look viable! :p

Most impressive Kano I've seen is @ FCP/EMP SCAR, this dude was going bat shit "balls" deep with him in the KH room @ Dallas, to the oos and aaahs of many.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Any footage of your Kano bruh? Also, good stuff repping CSZ @ Operation Wolf, you made that piece of tin look viable! :p

Most impressive Kano I've seen is @ FCP/EMP SCAR, this dude was going bat shit "balls" deep with him in the KH room @ Dallas, to the oos and aaahs of many.
thanks man i tried and i should've just kept playing him even against revolver, before that i hadnt touched Cyrax in a while. i play a hardcore kano as well. Actually during dallas i played and endless amount of kabals and sonyas with kano lol.

Zoidberg747 I believe that it doesnt change anything. A blocked or whiffed upball can get blown up, and by blown up i mean get put into block stun or get hit.

Zoidberg747

thanks man i tried and i should've just kept playing him even against revolver, before that i hadnt touched Cyrax in a while. i play a hardcore kano as well. Actually during dallas i played and endless amount of kabals and sonyas with kano lol.

Zoidberg747 I believe that it doesnt change anything. A blocked or whiffed upball can get blown up, and by blown up i mean get put into block stun or get hit.
Ah ok then. Still not that bad of a match.

Zoidberg747

I don't know if anyone has posted this video yet... lol

It holds merit for certain matchups. However you can also just do the first part of a string and cancel into choke or do a tick throw. Cancel into upball etc.

However against certain characters like Raiden it can ruin some matchups.

I wanted to know what everyone thinks his worst matchups are?

Off the top of my head I could think of:
Raiden 3-7
Kenshi 2-8
Kabal 3-7(or 2-8, have not played in a while)

Any others that are really bad?

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
I'm pretty over hearing Kano gets destroyed by "insert character here".
Kano goes 5/5 with more than 75% of the cast. Kenshi is the only matchup where he gets 100% shut down. Kano is the worst character in the game solely because his winning matchups (6/4 or better) are few and far between. His losing matchups, most often, are no worse than 6/4 - 7/3 and if you consider that being "destroyed" then you probably shouldn't be playing mk. 7/3 is totally and completely winnable at any level.

Swag 1st
yeah I Think 7 3 equals being destroyed but of course it manageable when a good player is playing a character. sub zero vs kabal is 7 3 but manageable because of his corner game. you mad bro? aha maybe if we can get some high lvl kano offline tournies we'll get some changes. Kano doesn't go 5 5 with 75% of the cast. sheeva is actually the worst character because she loses to everybody. Kano can be made to look good because of a good player but he still gets destroyed.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
yeah I Think 7 3 equals being destroyed but of course it manageable when a good player is playing a character. sub zero vs kabal is 7 3 but manageable because of his corner game. you mad bro? aha maybe if we can get some high lvl kano offline tournies we'll get some changes. Kano doesn't go 5 5 with 75% of the cast. sheeva is actually the worst character because she loses to everybody. Kano can be made to look good because of a good player but he still gets destroyed.
lol finally someone besides me and jeremiah that agrees that sheeva is worse -_-

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
cages f3, cages f3, cages f3, cages f3.

While i am not trying to deny the godlike properties of f3, You're all pretending like f3 is auto win. f3 is not auto win, f3 is a tool that 90% of people know how to escape nowadays. I can produce the same amount of damage in a match with knives as most cages do with f3. BUT BRYAN!!!! YOU CAN DUCK KNIVES!!!!!!!!!! Little known fact for you guys: Half of cages crouch animation has a higher hitbox than normal. This means ex knives have a 50/50 chance of hitting even a crouched cage as well as a staggered speed from reg knives to throw you off, and if you leave the ground you just got knife aa'd for at least 20% and up to 30%, not to mention all knives are accompanied by a very solid hz ball mixup ( if you deny hz ball/knife mixup is one of the most solid (( NOT OVERLY BROKEN)) zoning tools in the game, you're doing it wrong). So, let's theory fight for a second and assume f3's and knives with two top level players will net you a (being generous here) 40-50% health for both characters. At 50% health, and excluding f3 and knives we're left with ALLLLLLL of kano's rushdown options, an xray that does 41%, upballs that, lbsh, you will not punish 100% of the time, wake up chokes, a solid corner oki game, what i believe is top 10 anti air capability, and the slowest 50/50 on earth (it is still a 50/50 though). Cage being able to poke, 11 strings (11 can be interrupted by upball wakeups on crossover, every time), flash and shadow kicks, a parry xray that you'll almost never land if you throw it out, what i believe is the slowest projectile in the game excluding forceballs that act as a shield (i could be wrong here), and his 1 and only tool that will get him out of Kano's mid to high damage mixup's the ever famed ex(JOHNNY CAGE) nut punch.

Now tell me, What is not 5/5 about this matchup?

It holds merit for certain matchups. However you can also just do the first part of a string and cancel into choke or do a tick throw. Cancel into upball etc.

However against certain characters like Raiden it can ruin some matchups.

I wanted to know what everyone thinks his worst matchups are?

Off the top of my head I could think of:
Raiden 3-7
Kenshi 2-8
Kabal 3-7(or 2-8, have not played in a while)

Any others that are really bad?
Imo kenshi is a bullshit mu for kano. Kabal is bad too but not as. Lao sucks. Those are my 3 worst

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
Imo kenshi is a bullshit mu for kano. Kabal is bad too but not as. Lao sucks. Those are my 3 worst
Kenshi is unwinnable. It's literally the worst matchup in the game. To put it in some kind of perspective for non kano players, look at dizzy vs pig at FF only kenshi can throw knives.....faster than kano. I've heard other Kano's saying they have problems with Lao, too. I don't seem to have one. Tele's merit an uppercut combo more often then not, and spins...lbsh, are spins. Sometimes you just lose cause it hit you, cheapest move in the game if you ask me. But Other then the occasional " -.- " loss, i tend to come out on the winning end here. Don't take my word on this match, though. I've never had the pleasure of facing a top level lao, offline.

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
I'd like to know why you think Kano loses to Noob so badly. BlackBryan at worst it's 6-4 Noob IMHO
Exupknee > upball, downball, hz ball, ex upball, ex downball, ex hz ball, all teh ballz. Knives can be tele'd on reaction. Shadows have knockdown, allowing Noob to pwn his spacing all over your face. You can win a round or two before some people notice knives do more damage than shadows if you mix it up once or twice. Buuuuuuut if they know the matchup... all you've got are footsies, which are accompanied by 943859347 frames. While Noob, on the other hand, has a -900000000000 frame upknee. I'm not saying it can't be done. If your Noob isn't top notch, and you come at my kano, i will shut you down errytime. But a Noob that knows his shit will win that ft10 guaranteed.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Stop throwing knives when I'm not chucking shadows. As far as I can tell Kano wins trades at far screen with smart zoning and you can air ball clones every time on a jump. EX up knee can be whiff punished with straight ball or knives, and I think F3(can be done on normal though). Up close they're pretty even, Kano can check Noob with D1 because it's 6 frames but I can keep you honest with upknee. He can't armor out of strings either. Up ball should only be used to keep Noob from hitting back. Choke is also underrated.

Kano players need to stop playing with their balls. I can give a better breakdown of the mu another time, it's late and typing on a tablet is tedious.

Kenshi is unwinnable. It's literally the worst matchup in the game. To put it in some kind of perspective for non kano players, look at dizzy vs pig at FF only kenshi can throw knives.....faster than kano. I've heard other Kano's saying they have problems with Lao, too. I don't seem to have one. Tele's merit an uppercut combo more often then not, and spins...lbsh, are spins. Sometimes you just lose cause it hit you, cheapest move in the game if you ask me. But Other then the occasional " -.- " loss, i tend to come out on the winning end here. Don't take my word on this match, though. I've never had the pleasure of facing a top level lao, offline.
Lao can dk knives on reaction from midscreen. He punishes blocked upball in his sleep with 21spin. Its a very bad mu against a good lao he can shut down all of kanos options. Kanos pushment on tele isnt devastating enough to deter it like scorp or cage either

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
a bad noob will usually lose, a noob main will usually win. it's not a fun matchup. lemme break down kano's top 5 worst and *why* (in order)

kenshi
like most have been saying. kano literally, literally can't do a thing. all kenshi has to do is get the life lead and chill and kano can't do ANYTHING. easily 9-1, if only because i don't believe in 10-0 matchups. i've beaten more than a couple of kenshi's offline in tourney, it's very possible, but then i wind up having to play Pig, and that shit is absolute hell. any "on point" kenshi is going to ruin you.

kabal
again, kano can't do all that much once he's down on life. his only advantage is being able to hori ball over ground saws and lbsh, kabal doesn't need to even use them to zone kano out. watchu gonna do, hope for knife trades from full screen? or try to rush KABAL down? -_-

sub
kano's best hope in this matchup is to keep sub at midscreen. there's multiple matches of me vs cyus strike offline all over youtube and they always go differently. if kano is in the corner, he's pretty fucked. if kano can keep sub at midscreen, he has a chance. best chance at getting anything started is to exhori ball through iceballs/clones and then go in for pressure since sub's wakeup game is so bad. stay awaaaay from the corner ~_~

sonya
sonya gets around knives easily with her great mobility and stays in kano's ass. his best asset vs sonya is his hori ball. try to space out d4 and whiff punish with hori ball. that's about all he can do. his rush down always comes with a risk when she has meter and she can excartwheel through b112 (ouch). not much he can safely do in this match. best gameplan imo, mix her up to force her off her meter, then go in. after she gets the meter, space out the d4's until you can mix her up safely again.

kung lao
i read a few of you say lao isn't a problem... you aren't playing the right laos, or aren't playing solid offline laos. lao can easily react to a knife toss with a teleport, and while he won't get a free punish from it, he will get advantage and free reign to start his tele 3 bullshit and awesome rushdown. lao abuses kano's hitbox and upball is easily and consistently punishable by spin. try to play footsies the best you can when lao is in your face but his frames are so, so good that there isn't much kano can really do besides mash on d3 to try to get anything started. kano can hori ball over low hats on reaction but lao doesn't even really need to toss shit to begin with against kano.

other not-very-fun matchups include jax, noob, mileena, kitana, nightwolf, and cage.

i think kano does better than people think vs raiden, freddy, cyrax, reptile, and ermac. the rest may as well be 5-5. my 2c ^_^

Stop throwing knives when I'm not chucking shadows. As far as I can tell Kano wins trades at far screen with smart zoning and you can air ball clones every time on a jump. EX up knee can be whiff punished with straight ball or knives, and I think F3(can be done on normal though). Up close they're pretty even, Kano can check Noob with D1 because it's 6 frames but I can keep you honest with upknee. He can't armor out of strings either. Up ball should only be used to keep Noob from hitting back. Choke is also underrated.

Kano players need to stop playing with their balls. I can give a better breakdown of the mu another time, it's late and typing on a tablet is tedious.
Noob wins zoning war Wemfs kano must approach and its hard against a patieng keepaway noob. Choke is not underrated. It sucks as its negative on hit lol and it hits high i dont think its one of kanos worst mu but id say its noobs favor

a bad noob will usually lose, a noob main will usually win. it's not a fun matchup. lemme break down kano's top 5 worst and *why* (in order)

kenshi
like most have been saying. kano literally, literally can't do a thing. all kenshi has to do is get the life lead and chill and kano can't do ANYTHING. easily 9-1, if only because i don't believe in 10-0 matchups. i've beaten more than a couple of kenshi's offline in tourney, it's very possible, but then i wind up having to play Pig, and that shit is absolute hell. any "on point" kenshi is going to ruin you.

kabal
again, kano can't do all that much once he's down on life. his only advantage is being able to hori ball over ground saws and lbsh, kabal doesn't need to even use them to zone kano out. watchu gonna do, hope for knife trades from full screen? or try to rush KABAL down? -_-

sub
kano's best hope in this matchup is to keep sub at midscreen. there's multiple matches of me vs cyus strike offline all over youtube and they always go differently. if kano is in the corner, he's pretty fucked. if kano can keep sub at midscreen, he has a chance. best chance at getting anything started is to exhori ball through iceballs/clones and then go in for pressure since sub's wakeup game is so bad. stay awaaaay from the corner ~_~

sonya
sonya gets around knives easily with her great mobility and stays in kano's ass. his best asset vs sonya is his hori ball. try to space out d4 and whiff punish with hori ball. that's about all he can do. his rush down always comes with a risk when she has meter and she can excartwheel through b112 (ouch). not much he can safely do in this match. best gameplan imo, mix her up to force her off her meter, then go in. after she gets the meter, space out the d4's until you can mix her up safely again.

kung lao
i read a few of you say lao isn't a problem... you aren't playing the right laos, or aren't playing solid offline laos. lao can easily react to a knife toss with a teleport, and while he won't get a free punish from it, he will get advantage and free reign to start his tele 3 bullshit and awesome rushdown. lao abuses kano's hitbox and upball is easily and consistently punishable by spin. try to play footsies the best you can when lao is in your face but his frames are so, so good that there isn't much kano can really do besides mash on d3 to try to get anything started. kano can hori ball over low hats on reaction but lao doesn't even really need to toss shit to begin with against kano.

other not-very-fun matchups include jax, noob, mileena, kitana, nightwolf, and cage.

i think kano does better than people think vs raiden, freddy, cyrax, reptile, and ermac. the rest may as well be 5-5. my 2c ^_^
The kano of the world has spoken!