What's new

The NEW Kano matchup thread

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
Sorry beenee....it has to be in nw favor. 6-4. No reflection of our matches...but honestly I don't see how he goes even
even imo because kano can shut down lightning just as nw can shut down knives. with those two things out of the equation, why does nw win? do you think shoulder > upball?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
More reflect than lightning. Reflect forces him to not shoot any projectiles. It's tough even at half screen cause of nw 1 frame start up on reflect.

Other than that nw can punish up ball and has safer and I think better footsies

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
i respectfully disagree with THTB, definitely think k/reptile is 5-5, no worse than 5.5/4.5. knife is still a problem for rep.
Knife is not a problem at all anymore. With the way you can duck under projectiles like knife and dash immediately after fucks up Kano's zoning entirely, especially with the knife nerf itself. Even though it's still not that slow, it's slow enough now especially to duckdash. You can't even use EX knife to stop me from doing that because Reptile ducks under it. And what normals does Kano have to compete with Reptile's repotoire of shit?

Kano has nothing that scares Reptile anymore. Reptile gained shit to help in the matchup by way of NRS and Reptile players improving too. :/

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
anyone that says a certain matchup is more than 7-3 for kano has no idea what they're talking about. >:\ kano's 7-3's should be kabal and kenshi and that's the worst of it.
Dude, I was in the same position as you. I used to be a believer, but then I finally had to open my eyes. I dare you to try and take even one match off of Pig or Blackula's Kenshi out of ten matches. Kano has that matchup just as bad as Sub-Zero.

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
Dude, I was in the same position as you. I used to be a believer, but then I finally had to open my eyes. I dare you to try and take even one match off of Pig or Blackula's Kenshi out of ten matches. Kano has that matchup just as bad as Sub-Zero.
i play pig offline often and have beaten his kenshi with kano :S

Kano is worse than sheeva. I win with kano alot online but i only because most dont know how to fight him. At least shee a has tons of armor and decent teleport whereas kano is just fucked in almost every situation

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Bro, you stated you haven't played this game in 6 months, and now you're tweaking mu charts first day back? It's good to be excited after a good outing at a tourney, especially with an ass character, but c'mon. :p

In regards to the mu chart itself, Cage beats the living f'ing tar out of Kano. He has zero tools to escape pressure, sans upball. He seriously does better against Kabal, than he does Cage.

Also 6-4 in Noob's favor "easily".

Plays first tourney in months goes 2-2 first thing u do is update the my chart lol good shit bro

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Ive got to agree with timett....i played dizzy last week...ive never felt more helpless in my life as a Kano player. Cage ex nut punches Kano out of everything and then its a guess. Can i upball now or not? Even if i block a poke, and counter poke to get advantage back, that next ex nut punch is one block string away. And you cant knife and ball forever. At some point hes back, and if you dont have xray, you might as well put down the controller.

Kano strat vs cage. Get first hit. Xray as soon as possible to win round one. Lose round two and build meter. Hope for miracle xray in round three. That matchup sucks.

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
Bro, you stated you haven't played this game in 6 months, and now you're tweaking mu charts first day back? It's good to be excited after a good outing at a tourney, especially with an ass character, but c'mon. :p

In regards to the mu chart itself, Cage beats the living f'ing tar out of Kano. He has zero tools to escape pressure, sans upball. He seriously does better against Kabal, than he does Cage.

Also 6-4 in Noob's favor "easily".
Kano vs cage is 5/5 easily. Noob vs Kano on the other hand, more like 7/3 noob.

Swag 1st

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
Ok the first 2 matchup thread were a bit outdated so I wanted to start a fresh new matchup thread to discuss. I will be posting what my matchup list would be, and as time goes on I'll visit each character and go into detail as to how you would fight them. There are some matchup that I'm sure I won't beable to coverdue to inexperience so hopefullywe can all get together and help one another out. Anyway, here's my list:

4-6 vs Baraka
5-5 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
3-7 vs Cyrax
5-5 vs Ermac
4-6 vs Freddy Krueger
5-5 vs Jade
4-6 vs Jax
3-7 vs Johnny Cage
2-8 vs Kabal
3-7 vs Kenshi
4-6 vs Kitana
4-6 vs Kung Lao
5-5 vs Liu Kang
4-6 vs Mileena
4-6 vs Nightwolf
5-5 vs Noob Saibot
5-5 vs Quan Chi
5-5 vs Raiden
4-6 vs Rain
4-6 vs Reptile
5-5 vs Scorpion
4-6 vs Sektor
5-5 vs Shang Tsung
6-4 vs Sheeva
4-6 vs Sindel
4-6 vs Skarlet
4-6 vs Smoke
3-7 vs Sonya Blade
4-6 vs Stryker
4-6 vs Sub-Zero
I'd agree with most of these. I'd switch Kenshi and Kabal, change cyrax to 4/6, cage to 5/5, lao to 5/5, and rain to 6/4 though.

Swag 1st