What's new

Tech The NEW Black Adam Combo Thread

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
What combos are BA players doing off of air-to-air jump 1's?
I just keep it simple with 11 x black magic, b23 u 1+3. I'm sure you can do 11 x trait, b23 u1+3 as well for more dmg.

Good idea though, idk why i never thought about optimizing that combo. I go for j1 A LOT lol. i'll figure something out in a bit.

Error

DF2+R2
I just keep it simple with 11 x black magic, b23 u 1+3. I'm sure you can do 11 x trait, b23 u1+3 as well for more dmg.

Good idea though, idk why i never thought about optimizing that combo. I go for j1 A LOT lol. i'll figure something out in a bit.
I go for pretty much the same, 11 x trait if the connection is good, 11 x black magic if it's not, could probably also do 112 mb bm trait b23,u1+3 but only if the tiny bit of damage it adds is needed.

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
Yeah i'm not really able to get much. I'd say just do 11 trait b23 u1+3 lol

I tried messing with j1, 22b1, but i can't get much

Celerity

Lab Monster
What combos are BA players doing off of air-to-air jump 1's?
Depending on height:

J1 xx Far Boot Stomp, J1 xx Far Boot Stomp
J1 xx Far Boot Stomp, B2 3, U1+3
J1, 2 2 B1 (xx T), J2 xx Far Boot Stomp

Off an air to air 1, can you see if you can do b23 d2~black magic b23 u1+3?
This actually works if they're near the corner, but I think D2 xx Black Magic always pushes them too far away for both hits of B2 3 to connect otherwise.

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
Does anyone know what determines when 13 will hit after b2, u1+3? At times 13 will not be in range and I will whiff leaving me very salty. If not then I guess I will just have to try each combo and see.

On a similar note, 13 is able to provide a good safe jump but I have been unable to make it cross it up as most of you have already realized.
A trick I found is to cancel 13 into trait. This allows you recover faster and move forward to create an ambiguous cross-up scenario.
Is there any other Black Adam player doing this or even aware of it?

Depending on height:

J1 xx Far Boot Stomp, J1 xx Far Boot Stomp
J1 xx Far Boot Stomp, B2 3, U1+3
J1, 2 2 B1 (xx T), J2 xx Far Boot Stomp

This actually works if they're near the corner, but I think D2 xx Black Magic always pushes them too far away for both hits of B2 3 to connect otherwise.
Cooooooooocks! LOL That would be some good a2a damage too. Back to the Black board i guess lol

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Celerity

Lab Monster
Does anyone know what determines when 13 will hit after b2, u1+3? At times 13 will not be in range and I will whiff leaving me very salty. If not then I guess I will just have to try each combo and see.

On a similar note, 13 is able to provide a good safe jump but I have been unable to make it cross it up as most of you have already realized.
A trick I found is to cancel 13 into trait. This allows you recover faster and move forward to create an ambiguous cross-up scenario.
Canceling 1 3 into trait is genius, I never even considered it.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Dont know if found or posted but found the a 39$ no Meter F3 starter (48 with T)

Its F3, Neural jump 3 far boot, back 2,3 u 2+3 39% (48 with trait)

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
Hey, so I'm still having a hard time with these combos into 13, and the setup afterwards. If possible could someone please make a video showing off these 13 combos and the setups afterwards? That'd be greatly appreciated :D

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
I posted this corner combo on another thread and few noticed so I shall put it here too.

223, j3~foot stomp, 1~MB Black Magic, walk back close bomb. 32%

This is the only corner combo that gives a safe bomb setup with a bit of frame advantage, even if they roll (tested with kryptonian crush). Here is the explanation I put on the other thread.

Black Magic gives 96 hit advantage, which is the highest of any of black adam's moves besides bomb itself. Close bomb has a recovery of 70 according to the frame data. This means any move that gives you 70 or more hit advantage should be safe, unfortunately it is not true as the frame data does not include rolls on knockdowns. This means that moves like b3 which give 72 hit advantage are only safe if the opponent does not roll.

I would love to know how rolls recover in this game, because going by the logic of MK9 they all recover at different times for different moves, making it very difficult to determine hit advantage. For example, MB black magic gives 96 hit advantage and roll removes no more than 27 frames of recovery (tested with superman super and close bomb). On the other hand b3 gives 72 frames of hit advantge and roll removes atleast 2 frames of recovery.

This makes roll remove between 2-27 frames of recovery according to my calculations if rolls are universal. (I know this is a big gap but I did not want to test more before learning that rolls remove different frames depending on the move).

P.S Somberness save me =(

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

not bad, pretty good.

Celerity

Lab Monster
Black Magic gives 96 hit advantage, which is the highest of any of black adam's moves besides bomb itself. Close bomb has a recovery of 70 according to the frame data. This means any move that gives you 70 or more hit advantage should be safe, unfortunately it is not true as the frame data does not include rolls on knockdowns. This means that moves like b3 which give 72 hit advantage are only safe if the opponent does not roll.

I would love to know how rolls recover in this game, because going by the logic of MK9 they all recover at different times for different moves, making it very difficult to determine hit advantage. For example, MB black magic gives 96 hit advantage and roll removes no more than 27 frames of recovery (tested with superman super and close bomb). On the other hand b3 gives 72 frames of hit advantge and roll removes atleast 2 frames of recovery.

This makes roll remove between 2-27 frames of recovery according to my calculations if rolls are universal. (I know this is a big gap but I did not want to test more before learning that rolls remove different frames depending on the move).
There actually is no accurate frame data for Lightning Bomb. You're forgetting a few other things, too, like canceling 1 3 xx Bomb removes almost all of 1 3's recovery, giving it more hit advantage. Them being in the air adds even more hit advantage. Raw B2 3, 1 3 xx Bomb is something like -25, while B2 3, 1 1 2 xx Bomb is only -16, but this number goes down as more juggle scaling kicks in.

But anyway, you're correct that MB Black Magic seems to be the only safe bomb setup in the corner. It's probably useful, too, since he otherwise doesn't really get anything from burning meter in the corner. The damage can be optimized further. Offhand, 2 2 B1, J3, Boot Stomp, 2 2 B1 xx Black Magic[MB] is 35%, although I'm not sure if the extra juggle messes with your frame advantage.

I posted this corner combo on another thread and few noticed so I shall put it here too.

223, j3~foot stomp, 1~MB Black Magic, walk back close bomb. 32%

This is the only corner combo that gives a safe bomb setup with a bit of frame advantage, even if they roll (tested with kryptonian crush). Here is the explanation I put on the other thread.
How can this even work when 223 gives the hard knockdown lol. I assume you mean 22b1?

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
b2~lightning cage MB, b2~trait, b2~lightning cage

dumb combo and completely useless, but I you time it right on the second lightning cage makes the opponent fall on your trait orbs which I think is funny :p

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Not sure if anybody is aware of this, but after b2,3 hits, you CAN mash out the 11. You simply have to wait until they are above your head. Hope this helps

Celerity

Lab Monster
Celerity here are some interact-able combos for the thread.

There's some good stuff in there, but some of those resets do less damage than the regular BnBs, and I can't get exact damage values without testing every combo and variation. Would it be at all possible for you to sort through the swag and the practical, and post notations?