What's new

Discussion The Nerfed to "Sh*t" & "Now Useless" Stigma

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
im pretty sure kenshi players actually cried a lot louder than mileena players did lol. I do think the crying on here influences it tho
I don't think any community cried louder than Mileena's did, Even sonicfox tried to shut them up by showing how good she was when he used her in ESL season 1.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Name a character with heaviest executions than Raiden's universal.
inb4A-list
Dragon's Flame Liu Kang at top level is pretty tough. Jax is pretty difficult. I think the only two things that make Displacer obnoxiously difficult is his midscreen damage combos and the DU input for teleport. If they changed the input for that, half his skill cap disappears.

Slymind

Noob
What if the entire goal is to make Reptile more of a zoner? Random thought, but faster acid spit and ground spit would work very well with his forceballs.

Making overhead flip not combo means he couldn't easily counterzone for full combo, removing armour from claw swipe would make finally closing space against him more rewarding.

Just a potential idea out there I guess?
Stop being reasonable, i'd rather belive NRS hates Reptile and that he will be bottom tier after this patch.

GG, it's over, they messed up.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Yeah that's what i said in the other thread as well. Cryo now have access to the easiest 33/33/33 in the game, He will have much easier time opening people up to a ridiculous amount of unscaled damage. No more reason to play Sun God.
Is this a joke? Let's pretend Sun God stays exactly the same and Cryo is exactly the same except with the command grab. Kotal is a completely different character. Better buttons, a parry, plus frames off pizza, air grab, better damage potential meterless and with meter, sun ray, you can cash out his Sun Choke for life or meter. Saying Sun God is useless??? I'm out

CrazyFingers

Is this a joke? Let's pretend Sun God stays exactly the same and Cryo is exactly the same except with the command grab. Kotal is a completely different character. Better buttons, a parry, plus frames off pizza, air grab, better damage potential meterless and with meter, sun ray, you can cash out his Sun Choke for life or meter. Saying Sun God is useless??? I'm out
Shhh, useless characters get buffs ;)

TheGangstaFace

Cyrax was toned down correctly, resets and unblockable set ups have no place in any game, I think they over did it with Cyber Sub. Kenshi Kenjitsu is not bad, he would be better if they tone down the top tiers, Balanced should not get better recovery on wiff or block on any special, because we dont want MK9 Kenshi braindedness to be back.
You'll never get MK9 Kenshi in this game. This game is not the same as MK9 and zoning isn't nearly as strong because of this little thing called the run button. People being scared of what Kenshi could be in LaLa land is the reason he's still garabage in this current patch.

TheGangstaFace

Dragon's Flame Liu Kang at top level is pretty tough. Jax is pretty difficult. I think the only two things that make Displacer obnoxiously difficult is his midscreen damage combos and the DU input for teleport. If they changed the input for that, half his skill cap disappears.
Where does this perception come from that Jax has tough execution? Lol

CrazyFingers

Where does this perception come from that Jax has tough execution? Lol
Maybe I'm just looking at it from a neutral game stand point. I've always had trouble playing neutral with him so awkward, it's why I didn't pick him up but that's probably just me. Dragon's Flame is actually hard execution wise so there's that.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
I don't wanna argue who's the heaviest execution variation of all time, let's just agree that Displacer is top 3 heaviest execution in the game.

Let's just wait and see, If Cryo stayed exactly the same with added command grab being a special move then he can launch from overhead, low and the command grab into full combos. Which means your block button is useless now since you will get opened up left and right. So yeah that'd be pretty much gg to sungod.

CrazyFingers

I don't wanna argue who's the heaviest execution variation of all time, let's just agree that Displacer is top 3 heaviest execution in the game.

Let's just wait and see, If Cryo stayed exactly the same with added command grab being a special move then he can launch from overhead, low and the command grab into full combos. Which means your block button is useless now since you will get opened up left and right. So yeah that'd be pretty much means gg to sungod.
His buttons are still pretty bad tho if they don't get buffs but who are we kidding his buttons will be buffed and GM is gonna be dumb if armor is gone for the most part.

TheGangstaFace

Maybe I'm just looking at it from a neutral game stand point. I've always had trouble playing neutral with him so awkward, it's why I didn't pick him up but that's probably just me. Dragon's Flame is actually hard execution wise so there's that.
F2, Energy Wave, and Dash Punch are your friends lol

TheGangstaFace

Let's just wait and see, If Cryo stayed exactly the same with added command grab being a special move then he can launch from overhead, low and the command grab into full combos. Which means your block button is useless now since you will get opened up left and right. So yeah that'd be pretty much gg to sungod.
What about all the other differences I just named? Lol Also Cryo has like no plus frames. So he's still got no pressure and still relies on a guessing game which is the thing that's wrong with him. Honestly adding the Command Grab imo was a stupid buff. Obviously it's gonna help him because more guessing but he just needed a way to play safe and apply pressure

TheGangstaFace

Can't your opponent neutral duck energy wave and get full combo punish you?
If they're close and react to it. If you know what you're doing they'll be afraid to neutral duck that close when Jax has an OH Dash Punch waiting for them or a F2. There's too many possibilities with the situation you've provided. I could also F3, jump, ground pound. Jax can be scary man

CrazyFingers

If they're close and react to it. If you know what you're doing they'll be afraid to neutral duck that close when Jax has an OH Dash Punch waiting for them or a F2. There's too many possibilities with the situation you've provided. I could also F3, jump, ground pound. Jax can be scary man
I've always wanted to play him I may try him again.

TheGangstaFace

I've always wanted to play him I may try him again.
Jax can be a fucking savage. Some of my favorite moments are like when people are so scared in the neutral and I manage to land like 3-4 Dash Punches in a row. They get frustrated man lmao or how I was telling you about all those possibilities? Throw out a ground pound to catch them off guard. 28% into amazing corner carry. You can be a savage with that shit. In rare cases I've done it right in people's faces and their reaction is like "WTF!!"

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
What about all the other differences I just named? Lol Also Cryo has like no plus frames. So he's still got no pressure and still relies on a guessing game which is the thing that's wrong with him. Honestly adding the Command Grab imo was a stupid buff. Obviously it's gonna help him because more guessing but he just needed a way to play safe and apply pressure

And you know a command grab is all he's getting how?

CrazyFingers

Jax can be a fucking savage. Some of my favorite moments are like when people are so scared in the neutral and I manage to land like 3-4 Dash Punches in a row. They get frustrated man lmao or how I was telling you about all those possibilities? Throw out a ground pound to catch them off guard. 28% into amazing corner carry. You can be a savage with that shit. In rare cases I've done it right in people's faces and their reaction is like "WTF!!"
Sounds like my kind of man.

Tweedy

Noob
I wish more top players had the mentality of @YOMI REO instead of the mentality of a spoiled child. This community would be a better place overall if we didn't have to endure threads about how characters "were never allowed to live" from grown-ass man-children who can't win shit without broken, OP horseshit at their disposal.
What top players make those threads, though?

It's mostly just TYM people who maybe don't even play the game lol.