What's new

The Need Help Choosing Main/Secondary Character Discussion Thread

DeathTouch

Iceman
Hi guys, this is my first MK and injustice really brought me knto NRS gamea and was looking for some advice of what characters to try?
I used deathstroke, nightwing, and green lantern, qith NW as my main, but i cant seem to find any chars that suit me yet. does anyone have any recommendations? im used to having a projectile and having full screen pressure, but cam do some decent combos upclose and decent movement speed.

so far ive been playing mileena, but any insight would be appreciated!
Jaquei Briggs

Tremor

Pet Rock
I'd recommend Ronin Takeda if you really liked Nightwing. Also, I'm confused if you don't mind clarifying something. Do you want recommendations based on character's looks or based on mechanics? You listed mechanical/technical requirements you want in your character then when given suggestions you say "they look lame".

Which are you prioritizing here?

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
I'd recommend Ronin Takeda if you really liked Nightwing. Also, I'm confused if you don't mind clarifying something. Do you want recommendations based on character's looks or based on mechanics? You listed mechanical/technical requirements you want in your character then when given suggestions you say "they look lame".

Which are you prioritizing here?
both :)

Hi guys, this is my first MK and injustice really brought me knto NRS gamea and was looking for some advice of what characters to try?
I used deathstroke, nightwing, and green lantern, qith NW as my main, but i cant seem to find any chars that suit me yet. does anyone have any recommendations? im used to having a projectile and having full screen pressure, but cam do some decent combos upclose and decent movement speed.

so far ive been playing mileena, but any insight would be appreciated!
Though it's arguable, I would say that injustice is a much more simple game than this iteration of mkx, what with only three attack buttons and no run feature ect. ect.

Overall Kano is one of the more simple characters in the game, with most of his movelists not even reaching a page. But he is VERY good in my opinion, and even though he has a smaller movelist he still requires thinking. His variations are fun and viable, and he can play a ranged or footsies game.

Sheesh you'd think I'd play Kano after that post.

RexxyC

what's done is done
Well boy do I have good news for you, they actually put Green Arrow in this game, and he's easy to pickup with big damage.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
So I'm having a legit issue figuring out who I want to stick with. I'm literally torn 33/33/33 between these characters, but I only want to main one because that's how I like to play. I considered flipping coins or something but then I realized I'd be like "no wait" and keep reflipping and changing my mind.

These are the three I'm interested in. I made a pro-con list for each of them help pls:

Jacqui -
Pros -
- strong character
- full auto could get me easier wins at early tournaments
- i care for her and don’t like seeing her fatalitied so i’m more motivated to win
- me and @GuamoKun can do irl intros together
- hype xray
- i could keep my promise on who i’m maining for once
- braindead 50/50 games
- she says “aww damn”

Cons -
- she has a huge bandwagon of bitches who don’t even like her
- i don’t want to play full auto right now because everyone else is
- shotgun is really hard to use online
- i’m somewhat struggling with her fundamentally
- new york already has a solid jacqui player (cdjr)

Raiden -
Pros -
- trap game
- seems pretty strong but not too OP
- hype AF xray
- YEAH! (see hype AF xray)
- lots of potential development across variations. could have lots of fun in long run
- i like electic based shit
- future raiden

Cons -
- looks very unsafe
- seems like a lot of work i’m already behind in
- 50/50 game looks super risky for a game where that’s strong (haven’t played enough with him, am i wrong?)
- generally unwitty

Goro -
Pros -
- i feel like he fits me comfortably
- i like what i see in his potential
- character is relatively unpopular and i like playing unpopular characters
- i can get props for winning with him
- punchwalk

Cons -
- is evil
- i really don’t care for the character
- considered not very strong so far
- no costumes (so far)

If more than like 2 people vote in this poll I'll play whoever wins for at least a month and see how I feel

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
If it's only those 3, go with Jacqui. I'm 99% sure that she'll be the best of those characters and have the least one sided bad matchups.

You should play Quan though.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Goro.
You're already accustomed to playing a big character because Luthor. And if you truly wish to stick by an unpopular character, he would be the most likely to fall off as time goes on. Raiden is Raiden and Jacqui is pretty; the only thing Goro has going for him to stand out is that he's the lifetime sub-boss who's finally getting a run as a regular roster member, not counting the 3D era because who does.

Goro.

Play Goro, Rev. If only so I can one day have a Goro training partner I can truly enjoy.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Don't leave the Jacqui train bro. We need you to help build the character. Without you, it all falls apart for good in the Jacqui subforum...

Espio

Kokomo
Jacqui or Goro need good reps. Goro isn't evil, he's more neutral than anything now especially. I'd be skeptical of anybody saying a character is terrible right now. You actually like Jacqui though so play her over the other two.

I voted Goro because I think he fits your playstyle more.

But having 2 character reps in the same area isn't a bad thing I think. You two can learn a lot more from each other and bounce more ideas off of each other. Who knows what you might find or what Jr might find with the same character. Plus you can have completely different playstyles.

astronout

see you at the top.
i voted goro because hype.
full auto Jacqui is gonna get nerfed because of all the whiners so there's that to look forward to.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
damn only 5 votes for raiden? i feel like there's more parallels with him and lex than the others actually