What's new

The most abysmal MK Kharacters in the series

Israfel

Designer for BxA
KP2 abound and we have new and returning characters coming to MKX. That being said let's think back on the series as a whole and who in your opinion are the WORST characters to come to the series and why?

I'll lead off with Mokap and Motaro.

Mokap was so bland, so boring, it ....................................................................asd v .aadg az.......................sorry I fell asleep trying to describe him. I better not try again.

Motaro is actually an awesome character. I like the idea of a powerful centaur monster being tossed into the series and he brought many a boss rage moment as a kid. HOWEVER, the reason he made the cut as one of the worst is because when he was brought in as a playable character they made him bipedal and ruined everything cool about him. I understand technology limitations at the time may have been a factor but I still hope the person that did that to him lost sleep over it.

Let's hear it everyone, also I apologize that this isn't another KP2 buff/nerf thread.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Agreed, I was never on board with fart/barf Bo in the ol' days. Wonder how he will change in MKX
When people think of BoRaiCho they immediately associate him with farts and puke, if NRS remove those elements then he stops being BoRaiCho. Hope they get rid of all that nonsense anyway and make him a different char, like a drunk fighter ala Ching from KOF or ala Shun from virtua fighter.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
in b4 tremor :DOGE

imo kang, bland bruce lee rip off, very unorignal and annoying as hell on top on that, his only saving grace is the "ima throw you ova there" gibberish from mk4

How many characters are based upon fighting styles overall? Its quite a shame that people don't acknowledge Bruce Lee's Jeet Kune Doo, everyone who apparently practices the style is a ripoff. Not to even menton back in 1992, Kang was the first character to introduce the style in fighting games. Fei Long was introduced in 1993's Street Fighter The New Challengers. Marshall Law in 1994 in Tekken. And not to mention that Liu Kang didn't look like Bruce in the sequels at all.

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
Beside some obvious choice like Jarek, Hsu Hao, Kobra, Darrius, Dairou, etc... I prefer to talk about recurring char that I found abysmal since the '90 and my choice go to Johnny Cage.
Can't believe he's so popular because I always found him too cocky and bland to belong to MK like other character and only the "green energy" save him to be a simple general martial artist.
Another character that I always found a waste is Bo Rai Cho because he was born like a "joke" character (like Cage) that puke/fart/burp but I always prefer the dark and serious aspect of MK and I dislike every "joke" related in it.
Nobody smile in MK, it's a f...ing MK!

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Kai
Bo Rai Cho
Taven
Kobra
Jarek
Kira
Sheeva
Hsu Hao

Characters that someone should be ashamed of creating.

Reactions: GAV
Motaro is actually an awesome character. I like the idea of a powerful centaur monster being tossed into the series and he brought many a boss rage moment as a kid. HOWEVER, the reason he made the cut as one of the worst is because when he was brought in as a playable character they made him bipedal and ruined everything cool about him. I understand technology limitations at the time may have been a factor but I still hope the person that did that to him lost sleep over it.

Let's hear it everyone, also I apologize that this isn't another KP2 buff/nerf thread.
There is no technology to stop them doing Motaro. There is laziness on NR$. I mean, they said they wanted to add a tail to Reptile but it was too difficult, then, they scrapped the idea. Later, the SHIT Alien comes and they did it. Seriously.