What's new

The Mop Stop Special Edition: Scorpion Ban? Episode Feat: Pig of the Hut, REO, Tom Brady and m2dave

22B

Noob
I...that...wow...huh.
I'm kind of stunned. I never thought of this, but making the teleport restricted to being available only when his trait is up similar to Raven's would essentially contain it. You'd still have it during a match, but you wouldn't always have it meaning players wouldn't always have the match pace dictated by Scorpion having that tool at his beck and call to shut down most of the options in the game.

This is a really good idea IMO and I'm going to push for it to be trait restricted.
Shall we tweet Boon, Sanchez, and Garcia once a day until someone gets a response?

Restrict Scorpion's tele to trait pls @noobed @hecteriffic @pakostevens

I mean, it's nothing for me... I tweeted @xbox for 3 days just to show them a picture. I don't plan on stopping anytime soon until they say "we saw the picture now STOP TWEETING US PLEASE."

It's not a dick pic. http://i.imgur.com/sUhenuw.jpg

If one game is messed up why do all of them have to be? Maybe the Injustice community wants a game without characters that don't go by the rules of the game. Is that TOO HARD to believe?

Some of the most entertaining fighting games out there are entertaining at least in large part BECAUSE there are messed up BS characters. That BS is a big part of the draw behind MVC2/3 which are some of the biggest, and longest lasting fighting games around.

MoldMan

Noob
Has tom brady tried to aqua shield scorpion s meter burn?
Deathstroke can sword flip away from scorpions MB teleport

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
In light of this new poll, perhaps I should wait until there are substantially more than three votes to have it serve as an attestation to the peoples' demands. Thus, I'll put the tweet on hold until such a time.
I think its generally best to poll and discuss before rushing to tweet floods anyhow so its for the best. I'd like to see some folks weigh in on this so I posted on Neogaf as well about the trait idea for balance. I really like this idea and would like to see it used.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
You guys missed my point aswell...

I PERSONALLY DON'T LIKE to see any game, any character to be played like that. There is no need to downplay Portugal just because I've voiced my opinion when I'm entitled to it. Of course anyone around here, Portugal, plays to win and uses the dirt they can, but that doesn't mean I like to play like that or even watch games been played like that.

So yeah let's see how CEO and EVO will go with this Scorpion thing, I hope the TOP16 to be filled with Scorpions.

Now you are being a dick for no reason.

I play Scorpion because I play with the character since UMK3 for Sega MegaDrive.

If you mean the right way to play Scorpion is to j3 and spam TP/MB TB the entire match then you are right, I don't play like that.

Rofl of course it isn't the best special in game - BA MB Dive's +9 on block aswell and grants combos, BA regular db3/MB db3 are safe on block, being regular db3 ebing pusnished by Supermans super/Flash Sonic Pound are safe on block/NightWings Staff Spin MB is 18 on block, shit load of chip/Doomsday MB Venom is +6 on block with 14f startup, Earthshake is a low +1 on block.

Some examples of some good specials...but I know I know...TP crosses up and it's dificult to block/punish.

"BUT YOU ARE A NOOB YOU PLAY SORPION AND YOU KNOW NOTHING! BECAUSE SCORPION IS BROKEN AND HIS TP CROSSES UP AND LEADS INTO COMBOS THAT DO IN MAX 25% DMG!"

It's a great move that you can derp all around, preety much similar to Haggars Pipe.

Nah, dunno why are you playing like a dick but in any of my posts I haven't called anyone, low/mid/high/amateur/pro player, dumb.

Sorry man, but you have been ridding the bandwagon like most of the folks, I'm voicing my opinion and getting bashed because you disagree.
Opa meu, para de discutir com REO, só vais ficar mal visto perante o top MK9 da comunidade e um dos top INJ da actualidade no Injustice.

AssassiN

Noob
Wouldn't it be better if Scorps tele was a part of his trait (like Raven)?

-a hitting cross-up tele without cooldown is a bit much in a back to block game, adding it to his trait would give it some cooldown (ofcourse active and cooldown period should be adjusted)
-teleport won't ever be random, because the opponent can see when a Scorp player has the ability to teleport.
-teleport wouldn't be as fast, as trait has to be active first. Giving more room for zoning and interactables.
-it still gives the scorp player the ability to play tele mindgames.

Ofcourse, the rest of the character will need adjusting (damage, frames,...), but it will take out a lot of the randomness that is his teleport.

Good thinking bro :).

I've listened to the entire show... both shows actually and they are really making me start to want to make fighting game podcasts again. Keep it up guys.

Now my 2 cents

I'm somewhere in the middle of all of this. I agree that scorpion shits all over the game, and I voted he should be banned. However, I feel for the people that bought tickets and hotel rooms and planned on using his broken ass to try to win one of these majors. I agree with the GGA crew that there are other characters in this game and other shit that defy fg logic and so what's the difference. However Pig said it best, the others do fight within the parameters of the game.

I'll admit I don't really enjoy playing injustice anymore due to other reasons, but the straw that broke the camel's back for me was Scorpion. I texted Showtime on day 1 Scorpion release and said he was broken. I went to Show's house after the hotfix and the night just confirmed my idea. People are still forgetting that he also has a 50/50 loop on top of this teleport trash and if you've read any of my previous posts, you know I believe 50/50 loops are horrible for a fighting game. Reo describes it best with his analogy of people getting hype over him flipping a quarter in a park. How is that hype or fun?

I still believe that 7 characters hurt this game, and I only enjoy playing the game when I'm not playing against any of those 7 characters or a Batman user that has not truly figured out how to effectively use bats. I do however only feel like turning off my xbox after playing scorpion. I'm not mad I lost, I just feel numb when I'm playing and getting hit with broken scrub shit and get bored. I like getting beat by legit set ups and the back and forth of a fight. 6 characters diminish that, but Scorpion demolishes it.

PS. if I do start a podcast I'll have to get general m2dave in an episode with me to explain, in full detail, why HG is nowhere near top tier.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I've listened to the entire show... both shows actually and they are really making me start to want to make fighting game podcasts again. Keep it up guys.

Now my 2 cents

I'm somewhere in the middle of all of this. I agree that scorpion shits all over the game, and I voted he should be banned. However, I feel for the people that bought tickets and hotel rooms and planned on using his broken ass to try to win one of these majors. I agree with the GGA crew that there are other characters in this game and other shit that defy fg logic and so what's the difference. However Pig said it best, the others do fight within the parameters of the game.

I'll admit I don't really enjoy playing injustice anymore due to other reasons, but the straw that broke the camel's back for me was Scorpion. I texted Showtime on day 1 Scorpion release and said he was broken. I went to Show's house after the hotfix and the night just confirmed my idea. People are still forgetting that he also has a 50/50 loop on top of this teleport trash and if you've read any of my previous posts, you know I believe 50/50 loops are horrible for a fighting game. Reo describes it best with his analogy of people getting hype over him flipping a quarter in a park. How is that hype or fun?

I still believe that 7 characters hurt this game, and I only enjoy playing the game when I'm not playing against any of those 7 characters or a Batman user that has not truly figured out how to effectively use bats. I do however only feel like turning off my xbox after playing scorpion. I'm not mad I lost, I just feel numb when I'm playing and getting hit with broken scrub shit and get bored. I like getting beat by legit set ups and the back and forth of a fight. 6 characters diminish that, but Scorpion demolishes it.

PS. if I do start a podcast I'll have to get general m2dave in an episode with me to explain, in full detail, why HG is nowhere near top tier.
Great post

Btw I can save u the trouble, hawk girl isn't good because she has no low shots :)

rolz420zx

MindGamez
I believe these guys are right. I look at it like this... Scorpion in MK9 was a mid to low tier character. Take the same character and port him to Injustice and now you have a top 3 character. Maybe the best, definitely S tier. Why, because as Tom and everyone said he breaks the blocking mechanic. He was designed for a game with a block button. People say they have to play him scrubby, no they have to play him the most effective way, which seems scrubby with all the jumping but creates a ton of confusion for the opponent and gives Scorpion the best chance to win. In my opinion, an unfair advantage to win because as Tom said as a human you can't possibly guess right that many times or react fast enough. Ban him from tournaments or this game will die! I will get off my soap box now..lol

Yea. That list was when the game was fully fleshed out. Not a month after Vega appeared.

I say again, Scorp might not be ok. You could be right. But we wouldn't have banned pre-patch DS until we knew for sure.

Are we really comparing pre-patched DS to this version of Scorp guys? Don't ban scorp... just make MB tele -12 and non MB tele still hit so it can be punished. Or like pig said, make MB tele only activate on hit.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Problem with everyone's argument........ its all theory fighting.

You can always beat option A with option B on paper.

Play the actual MU.... see how fast you can actually react with your new tech while he is using his new tech. Scorpion literally has an answer for every answer you can come up with... because you cant' humanly react or guess to everything he does.

It takes jedi like reactions and focus to even make the games CLOSE!!

Pig and Co. are telling people to "Go play Reo" not to spit in your face.... but so you'll understand like they do.