What's new

The MMH community could use an apology after all this mess

Should the "REO effect" on characters be lifted?

• Total voters

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Reo I like you but..gtfo with all this drama queen/trolling bologna. This community as a whole needs to grow some thicker skin, its honestly pathetic. More drama than the bravo cchannel.

It actually wouldnt bother me if people talked about the game in a constructive manner as often as they "trolled" or argued about some bitch shit. The "whos the best char" "omg whos the best player" ect...the he said she said and other bullshit is getting old

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I really, really, really don't trust a single thing REO says at this point. Credibility to the community is not synonymous with skill.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I think people need to focus less on the source and more on what is actually being said.

...Because it's true.

NEC is proof of that.

coolwhip

Noob
Even though this is the usual REO "let's mix up some elements of truth, with some elements of trolling, with some elements of subtly boosting my own ego," I agree.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
The fault is not all yours REO, you body the fuck outta certain "top" players and then they also post threads that blow shit outta proportion before they even really study the match up.

They figure because they think they are playing thier character at the "highest" level, and you are you, that because you kick the shit outta them, then the character must be broken.

More then one party at fault for the REO effect.

Nice post.

zaf

professor
What is wrong with all of you.

Did you not read everything he has been saying lately ? Reo saw what trolling does to a game and what it can do to people. What it has done to this site and the community.

He isnt trolling. Just listen to what he has to say.

JeeZ....

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
Its not your fault REO, you could not play this game ever again at a tournament or hell, even online, but some members of the community will stay say "you are the best with x character". You shouldn't have to apologize (if you aren't trolling) but the people who ride your dick can just be completely blinded by who you are. I'm surprised people still don't say you have the best batman and that Arma and King are just "randoms" lol.

EDIT: This post is assuming REO isn't trolling, if he is then I feel bad for replying seriously.:oops:

F4tal

Noob
NEC top 8 was the perfect example of players playing characters they enjoy playing and have with. Did you guys ever think that maybe REO is just good? What if he won a major with Joker, I guarantee most of the TYM community would say Joker is the new Kabal. It is ridiculous.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
What is wrong with all of you.

Did you not read everything he has been saying lately ? Reo saw what trolling does to a game and what it can do to people. What it has done to this site and the community.

He isnt trolling. Just listen to what he has to say.

JeeZ....
Boy who cried wolf syndrome

Cant really blame people after two years of trolling to not believe he has "changed"

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Remember when Chris G won CEO using Green Arrow against pre-patch Scorpions? :coffee:
That was literally the tournament that took me from "Fuck this game" to "I can NOT give up on this yet."
That's why I always root for the villainous Chris G-Zus.

Boy who cried wolf syndrome

Cant really blame people after two years of trolling to not believe he has "changed"
Valid point. But even if he is, everything he's saying makes perfect sense when applied to IGAU as it stands now.

Well said, R.E.O. , very well said.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Who cares if he is the best character in the game? That's a fleeting luxury.
At the end of the day, you'll still have to try and get off your back with a level 3 venom Bane dry-humping your lifebar. By that point, it doesn't matter what kind of character you play, it matters what kind of a player you are.

Vagrant

Noob
Just dropped in to check in on TYM and stumbled on to this.

This thread is a huge step in the right direction for this community. And I hope this professional attitude sticks and can help set an example for aspiring competitive players.

Massive props