What's new

The MKX at Combo Breaker 2015 Hype and Updates Thread

Just like with Batgirl, if Black was so broken he's precisely who Reo, Dizzy, King and many other tip players who have come out as only caring about winning, who don't give a shit about character loyalty, and who have no issues counter picking like its going out of style would be picking.

Stop trying to discredit the phenom ag every opportunity.

Complete Erron noob and a bit of a noob in general, whats the deal with Errons grab from his punchwalk? Is it unblockable or something? Seems to land everytime

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I might be a scrub, but Erron Black's 6 punch string seems ridiculous. Fast, good range, multiple hits, decent anti-air, and it's a mixup on block. Still props to SonicFox for being the only one to choose Erron Black and body everyone.
tbh you're right. 21122 is insanely good as a blockstring because of how any different places it cancels into command grab but I think EB is still fair and beatable. Idk if he really needs that string to cancel in that many places though.

On an unrelated note, Polarclaw was the first Beast Wars toy I got as a kid (out of at least 100). Goddamn I loved that show, your avatar just made the memories come flooding back.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
T H U N D E R G O D V S W A R G O D B O Y S

Also, some of need to calm yo tits on the whole 21122/command grab mixup. Do we nerf everyone who has run cancel blockstrings into universal grabs too? lol

delbuster

hungry
Complete Erron noob and a bit of a noob in general, whats the deal with Errons grab from his punchwalk? Is it unblockable or something? Seems to land everytime
so grabbing beats blocking. he can cancel the 21122 into grab at 211 and 2112 or 21122 i believe. something like that.
to avoid that you have to stop blocking and jump or crouch. which means you get hit by everything else, including ex grenade, 21122 string, slide, tarkatan stab, etc.

dizzy is doing p well, but

still unoptimized

delbuster

hungry
awww yeah he dropped hella combos to lose that second last round then hit a full overhead combo for 44 damage

gj dizzy

KNX

Noob
The way Alucard plays he's always at meter defecit... He's done really well to get so far considering.

KNX

Noob
People worried about Erron tick throws, but Raiden has a 6 frame poke that leads to wall carry, that dumb overhead OS and and still has crazy corner damage...

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Ultradavid spends quite a bit of time on mkx. He is the one who discovered the option selects, he is far from a capcom player.
I'm aware he discovered the option selects. He is very obviously primarily a capcom player though. He's been playing SF for over a decade (plays Zangief and Hakan), and dabbles in NRS games. He has zero notable NRS tourney placings but is a smart player who can discover useful things from clowning around in practice mode. I guarantee you he has spent 100x more time on capcom games and would describe himself as a capcom player.

Given that Godspeed has placed top 8 at Evo in an NRS game, I would hope he would have a little more informed commentary. I don't think he's abysmal but he's clearly not great.