What's new

The MKX at Combo Breaker 2015 Hype and Updates Thread

I might be a scrub, but Erron Black's 6 punch string seems ridiculous. Fast, good range, multiple hits, decent anti-air, and it's a mixup on block. Still props to SonicFox for being the only one to choose Erron Black and body everyone.

KNX

Noob
As good as REO is, even he can't make Kung Jin look interesting.

Great stuff from SF though. The way he spaces himself to blow up empty jumps is nothing short of genius.

Raptor played out of his mind. I think he respected King a bit too much in that last round, King smelled blood and got the comeback. Amazing match though.

Landonio

n00b
...you guys are just now realizing Erron Black is broken (or at the very least that string)? It's a command grab out of hitstun/blockstun. It completely breaks the rules of how command grabs work and have always worked. As long as NRS and CreepyFox continue to north/south as Aris says, it probably won't get fixed.

*prepares shield*

delbuster

hungry
erron black's 21122 or w/e is his only really broken thing, everything else is just really strong tools.

sonic fox's anti air is the real threat here

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Ultradavid is a great example of how smart fighting game players don't need to spend a tremendous amount of time on a game to provide insightful commentary. Despite being a "capcom player," he provides great commentary.

Godspeed on the other hand ... is supposedly an NRS player and commentates like someone who's played the game for 2 hours.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
As much as I want to scream how broken EB is, I have to say SonicFox is proving that he is the real deal right now. His reactions and reads are on a whole nother level.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
For the record that command grab from his string has been complained about multiple times before, not just now that sonic is abusing it in tournament. Not discrediting fox who is on point right now, but that string into grab is stupid good.

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
Dizzy going to 3-1 Alucard. Calling it now.

Edit: I was wrong. great play from Alucard. Dizzy just a little bit better that set.

Last edited:

cyke_out

Noob
Ultradavid is a great example of how smart fighting game players don't need to spend a tremendous amount of time on a game to provide insightful commentary. Despite being a "capcom player," he provides great commentary.

Godspeed on the other hand ... is supposedly an NRS player and commentates like someone who's played the game for 2 hours.
Ultradavid spends quite a bit of time on mkx. He is the one who discovered the option selects, he is far from a capcom player.