What's new

General/Other The misadventures of U4

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
whats wrong with kitana's costume 2? also...i miss baraka's mkII JK :D it pretty much looks like they took his mkII jk and turned it into a ground attack.

Axel_Redd

i guess vanilla u4 went under the radar when all the patches were made...think of it as a reminder for vanilla baraka...

that command is so obscure even the developers didn't know about it :p

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
All the uses for U4 become useless because it is so slow they literally can press any button and hit you out of it.
Not if you do it on reaction to a low fireball from a distance. Still pretty hard but possible. Low Fireballs take a while to recover so just as long as you're in range and it doesn't hit you, you successfully punish the opponent.

I remember testing this a while back. I was trying to see what other moves kould tech jump since I like using Sektor's U3 4 to do that at range.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Not if you do it on reaction to a low fireball from a distance. Still pretty hard but possible. Low Fireballs take a while to recover so just as long as you're in range and it doesn't hit you, you successfully punish the opponent.

I remember testing this a while back. I was trying to see what other moves kould tech jump since I like using Sektor's U3 4 to do that at range.
What low fireball? Sindel's? Liu Kang would recover fast enough. And why not just jump it for a full combo if it has that bad recovery?

There is nothing to argue here dude. If you ever use U4 in a match you are not playing Baraka right, at all.

whats wrong with kitana's costume 2?
Is this a joke? have you seen that thing? it's alll kinds of f****d up what they did to her face. That thing looks like a combination of the krypt keeper and ***** with a cleft lip. dat shit's nasty foo.
Let me put it this way, I never use fatalities, but when someone doesnt have compatibility packs online and i accidentally pick that horrid ass costume (i play mk2 costume) i have to fatality them for the horrible sight they have made me watch. only death brings salvation. Not only that, but that person instantly gets on my block list. it's ugly and offensive to anyone who plays and loves the princess.
GGA 16 Bit i know you have something to say on this topic since that thread got lost when tym went down.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Is this a joke? have you seen that thing? it's alll kinds of f****d up what they did to her face. That thing looks like a combination of the krypt keeper and ***** with a cleft lip. dat shit's nasty foo.
Let me put it this was, I never use fatalities, but when someone doesnt have compatibility packs online and i accidentally pick that horrid ass costume (i play mk2 costume) i have to fatality them for the horrible sight they have made me watch. only death brings salvation. Not only that, but that person instantly gets on my block list. it's ugly and offensive to anyone who plays and loves the princess.
GGA 16 Bit i know you have something to say on this topic since that thread got lost when tym went down.
Thread derailed.

lol

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Let me put it this was, I never use fatalities, but when someone doesnt have compatibility packs online and i accidentally pick that horrid ass costume (i play mk2 costume) i have to fatality them for the horrible sight they have made me watch. only death brings salvation. Not only that, but that person instantly gets on my block list. it's ugly and offensive to anyone who plays and loves the princess.
I couldn't help but laugh.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
What low fireball? Sindel's? Liu Kang would recover fast enough. And why not just jump it for a full combo if it has that bad recovery?

There is nothing to argue here dude. If you ever use U4 in a match you are not playing Baraka right, at all.
I was doing it on Liu Kang specifically.

If you jump at the same time you would U4 you don't get a punish I believe but you get a deep jump kick into pressure so it really depends on how much life they have.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I was doing it on Liu Kang specifically.

If you jump at the same time you would U4 you don't get a punish I believe but you get a deep jump kick into pressure so it really depends on how much life they have.
if those are the two options you are taking on read of a low fireball you kind of shown why not to use u4 rather than use it for that situation.heres what i mean...

u4 option. best outcome,(not counting the kill in this)
you hit up4 the opponent now feels like a dumbass :p ,
get 9%,
give kang small bit of meter,
push him away(not that kang is fun having up close but we cant really trade with him cause of lowfireball so we have to get in again)

worst outcome.
-33 frames or whiff equalling around 30% life loss

DJK option.best outcome(not counting kill in this)
+18 frames
a throw attempt with opp must tech,
b11~slices(gives 9-10% chip when add the djk chip plus have a bar of meter for you,none for him and leaves you at 0)
b3 option
f2 option (1 frame gap)
4/121/122~into slices
they respect the +18 and let you start the 22 1+2 string
djk hits giving you a djk combo
they dont respect the +18 and you get even more damage

worse outcome
you fuck up thedeep jump kick altogether and do high jump are left at small frame dis (think its -5 cant remember at moment)
you whiff the jump kick but recovery instanly when hit ground
you get the djk height wrong and lose adv frames,limiting some follow ups
you hit a jump kick and not a deep one dropping damage
opp techs throw

if your taking the kill into account DJK is still the better and more importanly safer option and you can still get the same results while massively slashing the risks

Axel_Redd

i need to work on using djk's with my characters...what's the best opportunity's to use djk's i wonder? o-o

1man3letters

two other wonderful things about this normal...

1.when jip HITS up4 can be still blocked :confused:
2.since on hit your -15 when the opp tech rolls, if you hit opp with u4 in corner your free to a bucket load of wakeup attacks :confused:

Owerbart

I miss you
Ok... why not using U4 against jax's ground pound? works as a techroll lol

Feel free to explain why this would be terrible, this thread is hella hillarious

1man3letters

Ok... why not using U4 against jax's ground pound? works as a techroll lol

Feel free to explain why this would be terrible, this thread is hella hillarious
-33 frames on block would the main reason why.
jax can also cancel his ground pound unlike certain other things you could be crazy enough to try u4

Axel_Redd

Baraka be commin in an droppin his ass right down in front of you like sayin "yo wut up". His swag knows no limits ;D