What's new

General/Other The misadventures of U4

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
so barakas U4 very well might be the worst normal in the game so i thought why not embrace how terrible it is with this thread,
personally i think u4 is punishment for how good "scrape kick" was in MK vs DC and by the elder gods were we punished...

With the normal being as shitty on block as it is slow on startup, with a very poor hitbox and when its whiffed your opponent has until the release of mk10 to punish.
heres the data...

start up:33
on block:-33
on hit:+17, -15 (if opp tech rolls)
duration(start,active,whiff):113

here are a list off specials u4 can go over and hit the opponent...

kangs low fireball
kabals saw
sindels low fireball
freddys fingers
sheevas ground stomp
jaxs ground pound
sub zeros slide
cyber sub zeros slide
reptiles slide
jades low rang
kung laos low hat
smokes smoke bomb

*will go over all d3s also
*will go over most b4s

please share your mis/adventures of u4 also :D
"up4 a bitch"
"yolo4"

I've tried trolling with this move on occasion, though I haven't had much success with hitting with it lol...

Sometimes I'll just throw it out and usually just end up missing completely (usually because the opponent tried to do a jump in punch). Funny thing is, it puts me so far away from where I originally was, and so low to the ground that the opponent sometimes won't be able to hit me as I'm getting up (though they will desperately try with all their combo starting highs).

This move is laughably bad...

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
lol where has this thread been all my life??

This move is funny as hell to teabag with but when I'm in a serious fight and I miss the shit's so embarrassing:oops:
I was fighting my clanmate, Dark, one time and I mistimed the U4 and he seriously just stopped gameplay for a second and waited for me to get back up and I can imagine he was thinking "wtf was that" lololol

lol where has this thread been all my life??

This move is funny as hell to teabag with but when I'm in a serious fight and I miss the shit's so embarrassing:oops:
I was fighting my clanmate, Dark, one time and I mistimed the U4 and he seriously just stopped gameplay for a second and waited for me to get back up and I can imagine he was thinking "wtf was that" lololol
I can imagine most people have never even seen the move before because of how useless it is...Probably surprises people to see that move ever come out to the point to where they literily don't even know what that is lol...

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I laugh at people who say it is useful. Yeah, try it offline and tell me that.

A lot of those specials also have little enough recovery that they can still standing 1 you out of it lol.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
close, but not the worst move in the game - that honor goes to Kano's 3,3 string.

also, it seems like if your opponent blocks max range u+4, it seems that the disadvantage is slightly less, although still full combo punishable.

1man3letters

If you want to go that route, might as well use b2,f2. Whenever I use that move it guarantees a "WHAT THE FLYING FUCK WAS THAT???"
that could be said about most baraka strings #kommunitydoesntbothertolearnbarakaMU
:p

close, but not the worst move in the game - that honor goes to Kano's 3,3 string.

also, it seems like if your opponent blocks max range u+4, it seems that the disadvantage is slightly less, although still full combo punishable.
i said worst normal, not worst string and kanos 33 is -11 on block so its no were near u4 zone of bad,
slighty less? so i can make a normal that full combo punishable....full combo punishable :confused:

Reactions: Tan

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
If you want to go that route, might as well use b2,f2. Whenever I use that move it guarantees a "WHAT THE FLYING FUCK WAS THAT???"
I like b2,f2 as well but I can't think of any times I've used and it served me well which is unfortunate because it throws you for such a loop when you're hit by it lol

D

Deleted member 9158

I used it once at the END of a match after I'd already won the game.

once I accidentally did it and lost the round.

1man3letters

I used it once at the END of a match after I'd already won the game.

once I accidentally did it and lost the round.
i tried to finish off a opponent in a tourny match with 4 or f4,4(cant member which) and i got u4 and it whiffed.
luckly my opponent was stuck in "wtf was that" mode.
REO brought up in a buff thread before that baraka should be able to do a wakeup attack if it whiffs, not a bad idea

also why is a thread about U4 getting so many people to post here....very strange lol
i just made it for shits and giggles cause i was drinking and wanted to make a "fun" thread

Reactions: Tan