What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
yea same, thought well maybe this variation would be good for getting off the ground, nope.
its prob the worst waste of a meter for her at the mo using the mb version of the move
I agree. So disappointed when I learned this as Ethereal was the variation I loved the most. I still need to check if the frame data is correct but if it is then EX teleport is sadly a waste of a move

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
You can do it also in Endless. It's easier, it's like a Normal tower but it's... endless. So your life resets at every match, unlike in Survival.
It works, tested 10 min ago. Now I can eat people and look fresh at the same time :cool:
I made it to 17 endless and still gave it to me
she looks like a goddess with it

Enigma

Noob
Is it just me or her teleport no longer tracks the opponent as well as it used to in MK9? When I see my opponent jumping around like idiots and try to punish it with teleport, it somehow whiffs most of the time.

Rapid99

Resident Mileena Researcher
I'm trying Ravenous but can't even get out of the gate. She feels unsafe on everything.
I think part of Mileenas "sticking point" is that her rather big launcher strings range from unsafe to ungodly slow, case in point her F343 and F343 lead into big damage even from mid-screen but you can get poked out by almost anything.

I may be completely wrong here but I feel like Ravenous is probably most suited to her kit.

You may lose low-sai and the standing reset stab but combo damage is higher and ending with low/high pounce lets you choose which side you drop the enemy on post-combo.

I reckon if you can condition people to block how you want them to with some light pressure strings you can bait them into eating some of her slower start-up moves for huge damage.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Man I am very disappointed Mileena effectively has no overhead. f3 is garbage thats criminally slow, easy to see coming, and easy to stuff. You can basically just crouch block against her all day with no downside :(

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
Man I am very disappointed Mileena effectively has no overhead. f3 is garbage thats criminally slow, easy to see coming, and easy to stuff. You can basically just crouch block against her all day with no downside :(
Except her MB Roll hits overhead, has armor, and starts a combo...

Although punishable, just gotta condition the opponent to block low, and a string with a low hit you can input a mb roll instead. Good mixups.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Except her MB Roll hits overhead, has armor, and starts a combo...

Although punishable, just gotta condition the opponent to block low, and a string with a low hit you can input a mb roll instead. Good mixups.
This is true(although crazy risky), but I guess I am just pining for the days of U+4, because nothing will ever come close to that.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Essentially what @KillaGthug4Life said. If you get into the habit of conditioning your opponent to block a certain way the overhead will hit when least expected. I'll admit with her stuff being risky it takes a bit of work and thinking but that's part of the fun

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
Essentially what @KillaGthug4Life said. If you get into the habit of conditioning your opponent to block a certain way the overhead will hit when least expected. I'll admit with her stuff being risky it takes a bit of work and thinking but that's part of the fun
It's also part of the game, This MK is very dependent on high risk and high rewards. Players that can make reads and guess well are going to flourish. Players that fall into patterns of pressure and gameplay are really going to get hit hard on this one. Hence why I think SonicFox is going to rule MKX because he is so good with mindgames and reads.

wakeups... Backdash has invincibility, ex Roll is an armored overhead, wakeup throw works, this game has tech rolls. Use them.

There are 4 viable options. You can't just mash a special when you get knocked down and expect it to come out.

Shake

Noob
How are you guys liking Mileena overall? I'm still shopping for a main and she's someone I'm considering. I'm really new to fighting games so I'd prefer to play someone who isn't overly complex, but I also like characters that aren't too simple. Is her pressure good? And do you guys feel like sai or ravenous is better or is it just matchup dependent?

How are you guys liking Mileena overall? I'm still shopping for a main and she's someone I'm considering. I'm really new to fighting games so I'd prefer to play someone who isn't overly complex, but I also like characters that aren't too simple. Is her pressure good? And do you guys feel like sai or ravenous is better or is it just matchup dependent?
I like her alot.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Hey guys, switching to mileena after finding takeda dissapointing. What's the first thing I should know and her main string to abuse?

With wake ups having no invincibility anymore, standing resets are not as viable in MKX meta. Wake up's are like reversals now. Ravenous has an overhead grab that you can mix with her low strings and combos give the most damage. It's all about conditioning. Piercing is just a zone heavy stance with standing resets, but as I said resets are not as good as MK9. Her strength is in IA sai. These are a necessity to be an effective Mileena player. My only question is what does MB ethreal TP do? It seems to be the same move as regular TP. It seems to be the same for Ermac's vanish.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
With wake ups having no invincibility anymore, standing resets are not as viable in MKX meta. Wake up's are like reversals now. Ravenous has an overhead grab that you can mix with her low strings and combos give the most damage. It's all about conditioning. Piercing is just a zone heavy stance with standing resets, but as I said resets are not as good as MK9. Her strength is in IA sai. These are a necessity to be an effective Mileena player. My only question is what does MB ethreal TP do? It seems to be the same move as regular TP. It seems to be the same for Ermac's vanish.
ravenous grab is not a overhead so no high/low mixups are to be had with it, it hits mid.
mb ethereal teleport uses a bar of meter....thats all it seems to do at the min :/