What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

GRieVeR_SKeiTH

bad player
So the combination of storymode and @Jer betraying the rightful heiress gave me a stroke and I decided to watch some streams to recover. I have some notes but haven't settled on staple combos or anything yet yet. Her oki game w/ her mid strings combined w the threat of canceling them into ex roll I think is going to be a really big deal

Last edited:

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
So the combination of storymode and @Jer betraying the rightful heiress gave me a stroke and I decided to watch some streams to recover. I have some notes but haven't settled on staple combos or anything yet yet. Her oki I game w/ her mid strings combined w the threat of canceling them into ex roll I think is going to be a really big deal
I actually feel the opposite. I think once people learn to block her strings she's going to have a hard time opening up the opponent for bigger damage. I know she can do smaller mind games with strings into either low sai and Mb roll but that's only in Piercing both are punishable too if they guess right.

Then again I could be having Harley PTSD

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
What would you guys say her best whiff punisher is right now?

GRieVeR_SKeiTH

bad player
Either F2(the reach on this insaaane, I was like saying it was mk9 d4 hotbox in my notes but that's a slight exaggeration) or roll for whiff punish is all I used last night. Don't get either blocked

JaeTea

Noob
What are people doing for wakeups?

I'm getting hit (repeatedly) whenever I try to ether tele or ball on wakeup? Wasn't tele invincible on wakeup in mk9

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me

I'm getting hit (repeatedly) whenever I try to ether tele or ball on wakeup? Wasn't tele invincible on wakeup in mk9
No wakeup is invincible in this game unless you use meter so regular roll or tele will get beaten often

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
So ive actually decided that mileena could be quite good, in piercing at least. If she had a better OH than F3 wed be set

Wakeups dont have invincibility in this game, so you have either block or EX roll on wakeup

SaibotMk

Adrenaline
So guess what. Timing is hard but you can do instant air sais jumping back. What you do is when you jump back you input
db,d,df in one motion. If you do it quick enough you nail instant sais
I just neutral jump to bf1, its pretty consisntant and quick to pull off.

JaeTea

Noob
Wakeups dont have invincibility in this game, so you have either block or EX roll on wakeup
Thanks. After playing a bit more it seems my issue is dealing more with rush downs than performing a proper wakeup attack. I'm trying to find something like D3 poke, or D4 from MK9 that I can use so I can stop getting pummeled in corners.

Reactions: Jer

Alejandro De La Vega

It happens when you party naked
Hey guys, anyone know how to unlock Mileena 3rd costume ?
I need that costume too man.

I've read on gamefaqs that it unlocks on Survival ladder. A guy with Kano went 21 and unlocked it. I tried and failed at 16, even tho I got the gold goal (it was 5 bronze, 10 silver and 15 gold) I didn't unlock it. Maybe you need 20+ wins.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
So ive actually decided that mileena could be quite good, in piercing at least. If she had a better OH than F3 wed be set
i still dont know what to think :/
piercing def my fav out of the 3 though

whats the story with the u3 meter burn antiair? with roll and d2 being 7 dunno whats its even for lol

was kinda sad to discover that in Ethereal it seems all EX teleports have no armour
yea same, thought well maybe this variation would be good for getting off the ground, nope.
its prob the worst waste of a meter for her at the mo using the mb version of the move

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
i still dont know what to think :/
piercing def my fav out of the 3 though

whats the story with the u3 meter burn antiair? with roll and d2 being 7 dunno whats its even for lol
You can do like the F23xx roll string off of it