What's new

The Metal Thread

MK Led

Umbasa
Have some DOOM friends. Visit the rectory if you've never been before. Pay your respects to our dearly departed reverend.

Error

DF2+R2
Now that the off-topic forum has been brought back from the dead I thought I'd try to breathe some new life into this thread. Haven't been listening to music as much as I used to, but I'm trying to get back into the groove of things. I've been listening to the new Immolation a lot recently, and I'm pretty pumped for new Dying Fetus.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Alright, I'm going in hard on this one. Let's go.

this is all...for now...

Spinky

Restless Dreamer
Holy FUCK there is some enormous cringe in this thread, mostly from 16-year-old me. Jeeeeeeesus Christ.

Anyway uh, listening to this right now.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Fuck yeah, Perturbator is so good. Album of 2016 for sure. Also one of my favourite albums of all time.
Btw, do you say it PerTURBator or PERturbator? Considering that you stress the second syllable in the word "perturbed", I assuming that you pronounce it the first way.

MK Led

Umbasa
Btw, do you say it PerTURBator or PERturbator? Considering that you stress the second syllable in the word "perturbed", I assuming that you pronounce it the first way.
Because I'm Australian I usually say something that probably sounds closer to "Pertabayda", haha. But of those two I actually pronounce it PERturbator, cause it sounds more like a name that way, imo.

MK Led

Umbasa
Oh and to actually post some metal, if you like doom and you haven't heard these guys, do yourself a favour and change that.

Also hail satan, worship doom \m/

MK Led

Umbasa
I saw Carpenter Brut last month in Brooklyn! They were super fun!
God damn I am jealous, haha. Living in Australia and liking less smaller bands/artists is rough, pretty much impossible to see most of them live without leaving the country :(

Thingy

Retired account
This song never gets old. The album Paradigm In Entropy by Bleed the Sky was a masterpiece.

Captain l2ed

White wolf
Some of favorite metal/hardcore bands are:
System of a down
Killswitch engage (with Howard and Jessie)
Avenged sevenfold
Mastodon
Carnifex
Sworn in
Vanna
Stray from the path
Letlive.
Thy art is murder
I declare war
Catalepsy
All shall perish
The Used
Alert the sky
Alcina
Bring me the horizon (old and new)
Slipknot

Just a few that I enjoy, not all of it is strictly metal but it's across the spectrum.

Error

DF2+R2
*raises hand*

Post-hardcore and Metal, any difference?
It's hard to explain, but there definitely is a difference in sound, roots and culture, post hardcore is usually more melodic and most songs have a generic breakdown formula, also vocals in this genre are pretty different, I think the screams are inhales or something. The songs in general feel more "pop-y," though it can have metal elements in the songs.

haiduk

exomancer
Ripping the metal thread up from its cold grave.

Haiduk brings the new album 'Exomancer' [black metal]

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I've gotten really really in touch with my local metal scene, and this is a song from my friends new EP! Super cool blackened death.
I'll post some of my bands stuff when we record more ;)